The most boring day of the year is upon us.

samhexum

I was actually accepted to the Wharton School of Business at UPenn but, you know, who would want to move to Pennsylvania? ????

Art Museums (Philadelphia Museum of Art: Barnes Foundation)

I visited the Barnes yesterday and saw painting by Goya, Cezanne, Matisse, Van Gogh, Monat, Gauguin, El Greco, Monet

• 1 year later...

I must confess, having been born just a few miles west of Philadelphia, that I did watch the 49’ers-Eagles game at a friend’s house and really enjoyed it. The first time that I heard the catchy tune “Fly Eagles Fly”. So, while I won’t be attending a Super Bowl party or watching it, since I don’t own a TV, I will be checking in online.

Edited by Pensant

On 2/7/2021 at 2:13 PM, samhexum said:

I was actually accepted to the Wharton School of Business at UPenn but, you know, who would want to move to Pennsylvania? ????

Well, I guess you visited Philadelphia as well as the Wartorn School of Business. Did you like the campus, which is located in the safest part of Philadelphia. Very little crime.

I often walked home after evening classes (I audited a Renaissance Italian Art class as well an English Literature class also an audit class)

4 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Well, I guess you visited Philadelphia as well as the Wartorn School of Business. Did you like the campus, which is located in the safest part of Philadelphia. Very little crime.

I often walked home after evening classes (I audited a Renaissance Italian Art class as well an English Literature class also an audit class)

The only time I ever got mugged was walking home one night to Harnwell House…some guy told me he had a bomb and was gonna blow me up. I just kept walking. To this day I always wonder if that was Ted Africa. 

Other than that I have occasional fond memories of my undergrad years at Penn

15 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Well, I guess you visited Philadelphia as well as the Wartorn School of Business. Did you like the campus, which is located in the safest part of Philadelphia.

10 hours ago, dbar123 said:

The only time I ever got mugged was walking home one night to Harnwell House…some guy told me he had a bomb and was gonna blow me up. I just kept walking.

Nope.  Picked a college without visiting any.

I had no idea the university had been so damaged in the Revolutionary War that its business school was still war torn 200 years later. 

Or did the Germans bomb it in WWII?  Or was it the guy who tried to mug @dbar123?

34 minutes ago, samhexum said:

Doesn't it depress you to see the works of your contemporaries being displayed so prominently?

I studied at the academy for two semesters, but it was difficult to work at the same time

Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts

My boyfriend then was a commercial artist.

Sorry, but not responding to your other questions

S