Do You Collect Toenail Clippings?

Lucky
This topic is 1153 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So many personal questions are being asked here that I thought I would ask this one. Toenail collecting may be a weird behavior. It depends on your perspective.

Here's the world's biggest collection:

And here a man explains why he kept his clippings in a jar for five years: https://medium.com/@MarcCalderaro/why-i-kept-my-nail-clippings-in-a-jar-for-5-years-495fab620039

A search for toenail clippings will give you even more stories!

So, go on! Tell us about your collection. In case you wonder, I don't collect them.

My best friend was a very serious stamp collector, which was relatively normal, but he also collected paperweights and giraffe figurines, which was not. After he died, there were a few other other stamp collector friends who practically fought over his collection, but no one wanted the other collections. His sister finally had the clever idea of asking all his friends and relations to each choose one paperweight to keep in his memory, but I don't know how she got rid of the giraffes.

Perhaps he's a "crafter" and is collecting them for an art project ?

Many years ago I "tricked" with a guy that kept a pee bottle near his bed and collected the pee of his tricks..... I thought that was weird at the time but over the years I learned that THAT was tame..... Now, I dont question shit that I find "crazy"..... Live and let live, as long as its NOT harmful to any party.

My best friend was a very serious stamp collector, which was relatively normal, but he also collected paperweights and giraffe figurines, which was not. After he died, there were a few other other stamp collector friends who practically fought over his collection, but no one wanted the other collections. His sister finally had the clever idea of asking all his friends and relations to each choose one paperweight to keep in his memory, but I don't know how she got rid of the giraffes.

I once met a guy in South Florida who had a collection of glass paperweights that numbered over 600. He had them spread out all over his apartment. I actually liked a few so For a couple of years I collected a modest number, around a dozen. I have them in different rooms but they don’t overwhelm.

I collect a lot of other things too, sometimes in the hundreds. Some I have squirrelled away in drawers or cabinets. I must have several hundred little bottles of liquor. I used to have more but an ex drank about 100 of them without telling me. I only discovered them missing after he was out of my life. He left them empty and I hadn’t noticed since many had dark or opaque glass. Lol.

I have a huge collection of "lady head vases" from the 1950's..... They make me smile and are keeping me company during this quarantine.... However, I know that when I am ready to discard them, I can do so at a profit, so for me, that is my justification for collecting them....

As well, I also have a big collection of vintage "figural head" cookie jars.....And NO, they dont hold any cookies.... I much prefer a nice slice of cake.

I have a huge collection of "lady head vases" from the 1950's..... They make me smile and are keeping me company during this quarantine.... However, I know that when I am ready to discard them, I can do so at a profit, so for me, that is my justification for collecting them....

As well, I also have a big collection of vintage "figural head" cookie jars.....And NO, they dont hold any cookies.... I much prefer a nice slice of cake.

Andy Warhol was a big collector of cookie jars (a bit of trivia).

I have a few of those 50’s figural heads (didn’t know they were called that). They go with a couple of mid century lamps I have kept. I sold a few when I got rid of my Miami house. I had a lot of Art Deco stuff there which didn’t fit in my pre Confederation (1867) house in Canada.

So many personal questions are being asked here that I thought I would ask this one. Toenail collecting may be a weird behavior. It depends on your perspective.

Here's the world's biggest collection:

And here a man explains why he kept his clippings in a jar for five years: https://medium.com/@MarcCalderaro/why-i-kept-my-nail-clippings-in-a-jar-for-5-years-495fab620039

A search for toenail clippings will give you even more stories!

So, go on! Tell us about your collection. In case you wonder, I don't collect them.

I do just the opposite. I make sure that I've gathered every fragment and flush them. I remember all those CSI episodes where they sweep a crime scene for DNA. I want to be sure nobody gets hold of my DNA who shouldn't have it.