35 - and feeling so worn out.

Merboy
This topic is 1222 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 97k WOULD be worth it IF I came out looking like an older version of the Mr Nicolas avatar.... I Seriously DOUBT that ! ?

$97k to look this slutty? Pssssh... C'mon.

You know as well as I do that all it takes is starving yourself, a box of red hair dye and some duct tape.

You know as well as I do that all it takes is starving yourself, a box of red hair dye and some duct tape.

Well, I usually DO starve myself, have wigs in Every color, and duct tape is a staple, But I still look like Hell warmed over...... I guess only the knife and some strong suction will fix this mess ?

AcrobaticAdorableDobermanpinscher-max-1mb.gif

I have the opposite problem. I wish I was older. I’m in my early 30s, but I wish I was in my 40s. I don’t care about looks fading with age. I wish I was more established. With a house, money in the bank, and a more established work history. I remember my twenties being like hell. It’s only now that I feel like my life is starting to plateau and even out. Anytime I have a car problem or emergency I still have to call mom or dad for support or money. It sucks being a millennial. And with the cost of living rising where I live, it’s difficult to be completely independent.

I know what you mean. I'm in my late 30s now and I felt that way back in my early 30s. I hope it gets better for you. For my friends in their early 40s, a good number are more established but some still live paycheck to paycheck or maxing out cards or are unable to keep a stable job. I think part of it may be the industry you work in or the economy or simply luck. It's also taking advantage of the opportunities given to you at the right time (thing is we don't really know until later if we missed an opportunity or took advantage of one.) I feel we hear a lot of the positive stories in life but in reality there are also a lot of depressing stories out there as well. The longer I live the more I realize what Forrest Gump said was indeed true.... life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna git.

Hang in there though and enjoy your early 30s!

When I was 20, I thought of folks who were 25 as old... when I turned 35 I thought of them as young.

When I turned 40 I was happy to see so many younger men available., I also looked around and realized I looked better than most guys my age and since then that has been my appreciation of aging.

When I turned 40 I was happy to see so many younger men available., I also looked around and realized I looked better than most guys my age and since then that has been my appreciation of aging.

So you're as old as Methuselah, but you age like Benjamin Button or Dorian Gray.

It must be something in the water in Maryland. :eek:o_O??:cool:?:p

Okay, young'uns, I will tell you from my experience that after years of fighting the skin sagging, paying for Botox and moisturizers, I finally reached the point where I just don't care anymore. It's kind of like fighting your gayness when young, once you just accept it life gets much better! Now isn't that a wrinkle?

yes, aging is inevitable but food, lifestyle, exercising, etc. are things we can control and it helps us living longer, healthier and more active.

Okay, young'uns, I will tell you from my experience that after years of fighting the skin sagging, paying for Botox and moisturizers, I finally reached the point where I just don't care anymore. It's kind of like fighting your gayness when young, once you just accept it life gets much better! Now isn't that a wrinkle?

At some point, I probably will try a touch of Botox and some filler. @Funguy doesn't seem to be around these days, but he's who I would go to for this. I would be happy to make the trip to LA, after the pandemic starts to ease up.

At some point, I probably will try a touch of Botox and some filler. @Funguy doesn't seem to be around these days, but he's who I would go to for this. I would be happy to make the trip to LA, after the pandemic starts to ease up.

L.A. yes. I wanted to see Dr Terry Dubrow, but traveling cross country now didnt seem feasible.

When I was your age, I remember thinking that the fun part of life was over, and it was all going to be downhill from there. I was too heavy, I smoked, I had an abusive boyfriend, I was dissatisfied and disappointed that I hadn't accomplished more at my age and I was stuck in a rut that I couldn't seem to get my self out of. At the time, my father's health was failing and I picked up and moved across country back home to help him out.

It was the best thing that ever happened to me. We came from an industrial city in the the Northeast with a large blue-collar population and everybody worked - there wasn't any tolerance of somebody who didn't work full-time. In moving back there I rediscovered my work ethic and got a job and stayed on it. I stayed there for almost two years. When my father died, I realized I had one of those openings in life where I was free to do whatever I wanted. I was 37. Friends in San Francisco had been urging me to move there, and I thought, "Why not?" I loaded my car up and hit the road for California. That was 31 years ago.

The last 31 years have been a whirlwind - I don't know where the energy comes from. I have owned two properties, I have gotten two professional degrees, I have spent my entire career working with tech companies in Silicon Valley, I have my own business, I'm respected in my profession. I met the love of my life and we've been together for 29 years, and I am a competitor in masters' bodybuilding. It hasn't been all roses - I have a couple of semi-serious health conditions that I have to be mindful off. Between age 50 and 60, I was hospitalized four times. I barely squeaked through the financial collapse and now the present sorry state of affairs.

My whole point in telling this story, is that it's not too late for you. You have a lot of life left in you. Start now.

You made my day with this post!!!

Thank You!!! ❤️

I have been unhappy with my looks for years. When I look in the mirror, i dont think I look that bad for my age (70 on Oct 29th), BUT when I see myself in photos or on Zoom, I'm horrified. My face is drooping and sagging, and looks like its melting... :eek:

And also, for years I've had a "pooch", and no diet or excercise gets rid of it, although if I lose weight, it goes away everywhere BUT in my belly....

So, today I had a consultation with a highly recommended plastic surgeon at NYU Langone about full face, eye and neck lift, AND liposuction of the belly and flanks.....He happens to be the chairman of the department there, as well as a pioneer of the very first FULL face "transplant".....

Now, its just a matter of deciding whether I should allow myself to spend $97,000 at my age 70, or just try to live with myself as the few years I might have left ???

Now @samhexum , that's a REAL dilemma ! ???

Wow $97k?; is that typical or is it because he is a well know plastic surgeon? I had no idea plastic surgery was so expensive

Wow $97k?; is that typical or is it because he is a well know plastic surgeon? I had no idea plastic surgery was so expensive

I think you can get it done much cheaper in some foreign countries. And the results are just as good. But since I ‘m not interested I‘ve never looked into it further.

It's not only the cost of the procedure, but you have the cost of the hospital time (8 hrs) plus anesthesia , overnight home care nurse , and misc fees. The shit adds up..... The EYE lift alone is 10k PER EYE.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAOiN9CvDlg:39

But seriously, a friend had a nose job because he felt his nose was too big. Even after the surgery he fretted about his nose. The issue wasn't his nose, it was his poor self image and a lack of self acceptance. A cosmetic surgeon can't help with that, but a therapist might.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAOiN9CvDlg:39

But seriously, a friend had a nose job because he felt his nose was too big. Even after the surgery he fretted about his nose. The issue wasn't his nose, it was his poor self image and a lack of self acceptance. A cosmetic surgeon can't help with that, but a therapist might.

Nah, I just think I need to buy a new MIRROR ?

Not positive - but I think a full facelift from a top surgeon can cost $20K or more. A female friend, several years ago, got a full facelift from a top guy here in the Bay area. She looked amazing afterward - she said it cost her $17k.

Life is what you make of it. My mid 30’s were some of the best years of my life. I finally learned to let down my guard and have fun. I worked with a trainer regularly and got in good shape, which helped me feel more confident. I moved to a new city and made several quality friends who I remain close with today. I also found my true calling career wise. The best part of being in your mid 30’s is that many younger guys see you as experienced but not old, and older people no longer view you as a kid.

Life is what you make of it. My mid 30’s were some of the best years of my life. I finally learned to let down my guard and have fun. I worked with a trainer regularly and got in good shape, which helped me feel more confident. I moved to a new city and made several quality friends who I remain close with today. I also found my true calling career wise. The best part of being in your mid 30’s is that many younger guys see you as experienced but not old, and older people no longer view you as a kid.

No matter what you "make it", gravity has a mind of its own, and will kick your ass. You'll go to bed, and wake up the get day, look in the mirror and say "WTF" happened ?