Reno Gold’s Christmas Present

KrisParr

Some masters degree recipients form Harvard University are social workers and are choosing to make that little money. It's not that they are incapable of making more in a different field. Some fields just do not pay well.

And many suburban police departments pay quite handsomely. But remember too that these other jobs often have a physical component that not all can meet either. I'm not yet 50 and I would not be able to do a job that required me to go up and down ladders, for example. Nursing is a physically demanding job as well in many cases.

As someone with a Master's in Social Work, as well as Masters in three other (non-lucrative) academic domains, I know this first-hand.

Then why waste the money going to Harvard?

The same could have been accomplished, going to a cheaper institution.

Getting a degree from a “presitigious”, institution, just for the validation of educational-snob-appeal, but not getting the appropriate ROI from it, makes absolutely no sense to me.

But to each his own.

Then why waste the money going to Harvard?

The same could have been accomplished, going to a cheaper institution.

Getting a degree from a “presitigious”, institution, just for the validation of educational-snob-appeal, but not getting the appropriate ROI from it, makes absolutely no sense to me.

But to each his own.

Aren't there families that attend the same college/university from grandparents to parents to children? The college could be private (Ivy, Catholic, Protestant) or public.

Legacy students.

That may account for an English major at Notre Dame or Princeton becoming a second grade teacher.

Aren't there families that attend the same college/university from grandparents to parents to children? The college could be private (Ivy, Catholic, Protestant) or public.

Legacy students.

That may account for an English major at Notre Dame or Princeton becoming a second grade teacher.

Don’t forget to add that Legacy Students basically get automatic admissions....

In Europe the French speaking gays use the term “salop”.

Thanks. Found interesting stuff online. For example, Urban Dictionary claims the "slut" meaning is from French Creole and "is predominantly used as an expletive in many former french colonies", whereas interglot translates it as (among others) "dickhead", "asshole", "piece of shit", etc. Something I found in wikipedia which I think I once knew and forgot: "Salop is an old name for Shropshire, historically used as an abbreviated form for post or telegrams...."

Thanks. Found interesting stuff online. For example, Urban Dictionary claims the "slut" meaning is from French Creole and "is predominantly used as an expletive in many former french colonies", whereas interglot translates it as (among others) "dickhead", "asshole", "piece of shit", etc. Something I found in wikipedia which I think I once knew and forgot: "Salop is an old name for Shropshire, historically used as an abbreviated form for post or telegrams...."

That makes sense. I can see how salop drifted into slut by the French Creole speakers. I used to talk with the Haitians who worked as checkout clerks in Miami supermarkets and as I speak French I could understand about half of what they were saying, so I got the drift. I expect they understood me completely as French is spoken in Haiti by everyone and the better educated speak a nice French. I once hooked up with a nice Haitian who was living in Montreal some 30 years ago. He was divine but not a slut. I was the slut. LOL