Christmas Cards

purplekow
This topic is 1192 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes about 20/30. I cut down the list by also sending Rosh Hashanah cards to my Jewish friends. But no cards this year. Don’t get out of rehab until 12/24. Maybe I’ll have to try one of those newsletter things. But with the quarantine and hospital visits it could be a one paragraph missive.

I always send Christmas cards to family and close friends, and they reciprocate. I order from Crane and this year I had my name engraved. I often draw a short line through the name and sign my name. It’s the civilized gestures that add pleasure to life in these turbulent times.

I'll be waiting for mine. ;)

Normally, I only send a few cards that I hand pick from Hallmark to far away family members. But, this year I'm sending out about 25 from a box to friends/family I have not seen due to this damned pandemic. And, I also have a tree up this year, too... and loving it. I needed some sparkle and shine this holiday season and the tree is fun to look at while having a box or two of wine.

Thanks for the reminder - I need to sit down and address them. I bought them weeks ago.

As recently as five years ago, I sent close to 100 cards, including co-workers, those that were associated with the non-profit whose board I was the chair, and neighbors. Once my tenure on the board ended, I reduced the list to college friends and family members. Now that nieces as nephews are moving out on their own, my mailing list has grown to about 50. In some years I've done a brief note including my travels and work events, but haven't so in a few years.

I received my first two seasonal greeting cards today. I have not mailed out cards in years. Anyone here sending out Holiday cards? If you do, do you include an individualized message?

of course I always write something personal below the text besides signing it.

I'll be waiting for mine. ;)

Do you send Hanukkah cards?

Until this year, I have always sent holiday cards, and enclosed a general summary of what has happened in our lives during the past year, sometimes with a brief individualized message as well, to people whom I don't see often. However, since March I have been sending a weekly report about our life in the pandemic to a dozen recipients who would normally be on the card list, so I see no reason to send anything to them this year. I should probably send cards with a brief message to those who are not on the weekly list; the annual list gets shorter every year as the usual recipients die off (most are elderly friends and relations with whom I have no other contact).

No, I send Seasons Greetings cards ... that seems to cover all the bases for me....

I send “Seasons Greetings” and a few Chanukah cards. I always write a hand written note inside of something that would be of specific interest to the reader.

Close friends get Harry and David pears or Wolferman’s English Muffins separately.

Yes, I send cards to friends, family and clients. Especially this year I think it is nice to get some magic and hope in the mailbox. I always write a personal message.

My big question, I have a few clients that I fired - do I send them a card?

I send “Seasons Greetings” and a few Chanukah cards. I always write a hand written note inside of something that would be of specific interest to the reader.

Close friends get Harry and David pears or Wolferman’s English Muffins separately.

My sister-in-law has sent me a basket of Wolferman's goodies every year for a long while now, I try to make those muffins last but they all manage to be eaten in a week or two. I have a Christmas card list of about three dozen, a mix of relatives and school chums. And, yes, the list shortens each passing year, sad to say....

Yes, I send cards to friends, family and clients. Especially this year I think it is nice to get some magic and hope in the mailbox. I always write a personal message.

My big question, I have a few clients that I fired - do I send them a card?

I think sending cards to clients that you have fired would give the impression that you want them back as clients.

For comparison - When I was still in a customer facing role at the bank, we would only send cards to existing customers and top prospects. Customers who we asked to leave did not receive a card.

I usually send out around 40 Christmas cards each year and will do so this year. I usually enclose a short note about significant happenings during the year (this year, not many) and a personal note to a few. Most of them go to relatives in other states and folks who have been important in my life.

Yes, I continue the tradition and send cards every year. I sent Crane cards this year, with a personalized message in each. In this electronic age, I think it is a gracious act and one I plan on continuing.

I don't think it is necessary to send cards to people with whom I am in regular email contact. However, there are many people for whom I have no email contact information, especially elderly relations whom I haven't seen in decades, but I don't want to lose contact with them altogether, so I send the annual cards. Each year some are returned marked "undeliverable," which is often the first notice I get that they are deceased.

I send cards to about 30 friends and relatives - each gets a personal note. I did not want to go out and shop for cards this year so I dug through my Christmas wrapping box and found enough extra cards from previous years to cover the list. I'm going to mix them up and randomly send them off!