Gender reveal party fire death, charge them with manslaughter!

Otto
This topic is 1041 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Re-reading this thread reminded me of friends who wouldn't tell anyone the gender of their child until the baby was born. They told me the gender prior to the baby's birth because I was moving cross-country days before the due date.

Their son just turned twenty.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New York dad-to-be killed by exploding gender reveal device

A dad-to-be in upstate New York was killed when a device he was building for a gender reveal party exploded, state police said Monday.

Christopher Pekny, 28, was working on the device for his child’s gender reveal party in the Catskills town of Liberty when it blew up just before noon on Sunday, cops said.

The blast killed Pekny and injured his brother, 27-year-old Michael Pekny, who was treated for his injuries at the Garnet Medical Center in Middletown, according to police.

The Robin Hood diner in Livingston Manor, which has been owned and operated by the Pekny family since the 1980s, mourned the loss of Christopher in a statement.

“We are deeply saddened and must inform you all of the loss of our dear and beloved Christopher,” the family wrote on Facebook.

“We appreciate the overwhelming display of love and support that you all have shown.”

Police said the incident remains under investigation.

It’s just the latest in a string of tragedies caused by faulty gender reveal devices in recent years.

Earlier this month, a 26-year-old Michigan man died after he was struck by shrapnel from a malfunctioning cannon being used at a baby shower.

Another gender reveal pyrotechnic device sparked a massive wildfire in Southern California in September 2020, burning thousands of acres.

New York dad-to-be killed by exploding gender reveal device

A dad-to-be in upstate New York was killed when a device he was building for a gender reveal party exploded, state police said Monday.

Christopher Pekny, 28, was working on the device for his child’s gender reveal party in the Catskills town of Liberty when it blew up just before noon on Sunday, cops said.

The blast killed Pekny and injured his brother, 27-year-old Michael Pekny, who was treated for his injuries at the Garnet Medical Center in Middletown, according to police.

The Robin Hood diner in Livingston Manor, which has been owned and operated by the Pekny family since the 1980s, mourned the loss of Christopher in a statement.

“We are deeply saddened and must inform you all of the loss of our dear and beloved Christopher,” the family wrote on Facebook.

“We appreciate the overwhelming display of love and support that you all have shown.”

Police said the incident remains under investigation.

It’s just the latest in a string of tragedies caused by faulty gender reveal devices in recent years.

Earlier this month, a 26-year-old Michigan man died after he was struck by shrapnel from a malfunctioning cannon being used at a baby shower.

Another gender reveal pyrotechnic device sparked a massive wildfire in Southern California in September 2020, burning thousands of acres.

• 1 month later...

Two killed when plane used for gender reveal crashes in Cancun

A gender reveal in Mexico went tragically wrong when a plane streaming a sign about a baby girl plunged into the waters off Cancun – killing two people on board while the parents-to-be and their guests watched in horror from a boat, according to reports.

The expecting couple, their family and friends were watching the flyover in glee in the Nichupte Lagoon off the coast of the resort city about 3:30 pm Tuesday, The US Sun reported.

“It’s a girl!” the guests are heard screaming as the single-engine Cessna 206, which was rented from a company called Xomex, flew overhead and performed a series of stunts, according to the outlet.

One person on the boat even made a chilling joke, saying, “It’s all good as long as it doesn’t end up crashing into us!”

Moments later, the prescient comment almost ended up happening when the aircraft nosedived into the lagoon, turning what had been a joyous celebration into an abject nightmare.

“Surely this can’t be happening!” one shocked attendee shouted.

Local media reported that there had been between two and four passengers aboard the plane, which took off from Holbox, about 40 miles from Cancun.

One of the people died while the rescue operation was underway, Francisco Fernández Millán, president of the Nautical Association of Quintana Roo, said in a statement, according to La Prensa Latina.

The other person died while receiving first aid by first-responder, the outlet reported.

It was not immediately clear if the victims included the pilots.

The Federal Civil Aviation Agency has launched an investigation into the tragedy.

• 4 weeks later...

That ship sailed when fathers were allowed into delivery rooms.

And in this morning's Boston Globe:

Explosion in Kingston, N.H., linked to gender-reveal party, police say

Police in Kingston, N.H., say a mysterious explosion that shook and rattled nearby homes Tuesday night was linked to a gender-reveal party.

The party was held in a quarry where officers discovered the source of the explosion was 80 pounds of Tannerite, an over-the-counter explosive target used for firearms practice and sold as a kit, police said in a statement.

The explosion included blue chalk, according to the New Hampshire Union Leader, indicating a baby boy was on the way. Nobody was injured, police said.

The baby is not even born and is already killing people. Shouldn't they do this stupid gender reveal parties at the hospital where the doctor tells them whether they have a girl or a boy? I've been invited numerous times to this kind of parties, and I've denied every single one. I don't attend baby showers either. I won't spend a single dime on a baby until it's his or her first birthday. I've been asked to be the godparent as well. I only say yes if they can guarantee I would have god-like powers of some sort.

• 3 weeks later...

A father-to-be proved himself the biggest baby at his future child’s gender reveal.

A viral TikTok video from this spring has captured the moment a dad learned that his unborn kid will be a girl — a fact he seems not very happy about.

While the rest of the crowd present erupts in cheers as a pregnant woman pops a balloon covered in question marks — that proves to be filled with smaller pink balloons, revealing that the woman will be having a daughter — the father has quite a different reaction. “Son of a bitch,” he appears to scream, throwing down the balloon’s strings in frustration and turning away from the party guests, all smiling but him. I can't wait until the daughter sees the video.

The video, which was posted on April 25, has racked up over 566,000 views on the platform.

SEE ALSO

The biggest gender reveal fails ever: 10 parties gone terribly wrong

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 6:32 PM, MassageDrew said:

The baby is not even born and is already killing people. Shouldn't they do this stupid gender reveal parties at the hospital where the doctor tells them whether they have a girl or a boy? I've been invited numerous times to this kind of parties, and I've denied every single one. I don't attend baby showers either. I won't spend a single dime on a baby until it's his or her first birthday. I've been asked to be the godparent as well. I only say yes if they can guarantee I would have god-like powers of some sort.

I don't mind baby showers, especially for less well-off parents-to-be. New babies involve a lot of expense. I get quite offended by "wedding showers," though, which are basically a rude way of saying "You're not important enough to be invited to our wedding, but give us presents anyway!". 

Guest Justin7402
5 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I don't mind baby showers, especially for less well-off parents-to-be. New babies involve a lot of expense. I get quite offended by "wedding showers," though, which are basically a rude way of saying "You're not important enough to be invited to our wedding, but give us presents anyway!". 

When I was younger I used to joke I was going to throw a "still single" party so all my family and friends could buy me towels, dishes, and coffee makers I would never use for my house.

21 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

What is the problem with having the gender reveal like we always did? They used to call it birth.

”But we need to register for gender specific gifts!!!”

No you do not. For your baby’s first ten months (at least) it eats shits and sleeps. Any color that’s washable works. Idiots.

BTW I am not admonishing couples who announce pregnancy. Or even sharing the zygote’s alleged gender when and if they want to. Mazel tov. 

They absolutely have the right to do all that!  And…

That right stops where the process of announcement can injure or kill people and/or destroy property. 

It is clearly a biproduct of rebellion of cis-het fathers-to-be, weary of being overrun by pastels and cute baby kitcsh. It’s their mighty penis seed-cannon that’s to be exalted, and that means blowin’ shit up.

No need to punish mother and child by removing one parent from a household. 
Forced vasectomy is the only deterrent. 

On 7/21/2021 at 8:19 AM, jeezifonly said:

What is the problem with having the gender reveal like we always did? They used to call it birth.

”But we need to register for gender specific gifts!!!”

No you do not. For your baby’s first ten months (at least) it eats shits and sleeps. Any color that’s washable works. Idiots.

The problem is that a baby popping out of a vajayjay can't be shown on Instagram, but a pink cloud blasting out of a cannon can be shown. Gotta have them likes!

Edited by thedanNYC