Dog or cat person?

Mjonis
This topic is 772 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

8 hours ago, FreshFluff said:

And reputation notwithstanding, they can be very affectionate. Even Persians. 

I'm reading this with one cat planted on my lap and the other sitting on the arm of the chair with his head resting on my arm. This is after waking up with one cat on my right side and the other curled up between my legs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A North Carolina dog has been abandoned after his owners saw him humping another male pooch and feared he might be gay, animal rescuers said.

Fezco was dropped off at the Stanly County Animal Protective Services, a shelter in Albemarle, which is seeking a foster home and a new family for the 50-pound dog, WCCB reported.

The shelter claimed his owners were aghast when they saw Fezco mounting another male dog — a common canine behavior that is not necessarily sexual in nature, the outlet reported.

The black and brown dog, who is believed to be about 4 or 5 years old, is friendly to other animals and people, the shelter said.

The dog, "Fezco," was dropped off at Stanly County Animal Protective Services after humping another male dog.

I have NEVER been a cat fan.  When I was a young child my maternal grandfather had a mean old tabby which I was afraid of and hated.  For fourteen years I had a female black American Cocker Spaniel named Whoops who I absolutely adored.  We definitely had a mutual love affair.  She has been gone for over ten years and I still miss her. 

7 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Not true, cats can be very friendly. I got my cat Stella from a shelter. Not interested in dogs because I was bitten by two dogs as a child

Do the dogs have good taste? Or do you taste good?

image.png.31817e31430a6a06b0459bb9bee59dfa.png

On 3/22/2022 at 5:52 PM, samhexum said:

A North Carolina dog has been abandoned after his owners saw him humping another male pooch and feared he might be gay, animal rescuers said.

Fezco was dropped off at the Stanly County Animal Protective Services, a shelter in Albemarle, which is seeking a foster home and a new family for the 50-pound dog, WCCB reported.

The shelter claimed his owners were aghast when they saw Fezco mounting another male dog — a common canine behavior that is not necessarily sexual in nature, the outlet reported.

The black and brown dog, who is believed to be about 4 or 5 years old, is friendly to other animals and people, the shelter said.

The dog, "Fezco," was dropped off at Stanly County Animal Protective Services after humping another male dog.

Gay couple adopted this dog.   It is terrible if it is true story.  It would be a smart advertising method to get the dog adopted if the story was fabricated.

The story about the couple abandoning their dog because they feared it might be gay brought a long forgotten episode in my early university life to mind.  As a sophomore I took a class in cultural anthropology.  The prof showed a film on the daily life of rhesus monkeys.  The film's narrator was constantly calling the viewers attention to the fact that male rhesus moneys where more than willing to "hump" other males as well a females. The prof made it very clear, before the film started, that there was to be ABSOLUTELY NO snickering by members of the audience.  He spent the entire film glowering at us as if he were daring someone to snicker.  

Edited by Epigonos