Any feedback on Tesla Model 3 automobiles?

Antonio1981

I'm in the market for a new car. I have been a fan and owner of Lexus for 10 years, but not completely excited about any of the 2020 models.

I've been interested in Tesla for a year now but unsure what the pros and cons are with an electric vehicle. I drive a lot - about 25,000 miles a year. I live in a complex and shared garage so I would not be able to "charge overnight at home".

I live in LA so charging stations are not hard to find. My concern is if I happen to be in an area that doesn't have charging stations? Atleast wth vehicles run by gasoline, there are gas stations pretty much everywhere.

Are Teslas reliable as well?

I hope you purchase the car. I bought my Model 3 about 3 months ago and I love it. I even drove it from LA to Palm Springs recently and had a great time driving the car during the whole trip.

Edited by Caliboy95

I'm in the market for a new car. I have been a fan and owner of Lexus for 10 years, but not completely excited about any of the 2020 models.

I've been interested in Tesla for a year now but unsure what the pros and cons are with an electric vehicle. I drive a lot - about 25,000 miles a year. I live in a complex and shared garage so I would not be able to "charge overnight at home".

I live in LA so charging stations are not hard to find. My concern is if I happen to be in an area that doesn't have charging stations? Atleast wth vehicles run by gasoline, there are gas stations pretty much everywhere.

Are Teslas reliable as well?

Recent/new Model X owner here.

Most Americans wouldn't fit or will find it too tight.

lhd-model-3-social

• 7 months later...

Tesla drivers say they have been locked out of their cars after an outage struck the carmaker's app.

Dozens of owners posted on social media about seeing an error message on the mobile app that was preventing them from connecting to their vehicles.

Tesla chief executive Elon Musk personally responded to one complaint from a driver in South Korea, saying on Twitter: "Checking."

Mr Musk later said the app was coming back online.

The Tesla app is used as a key by drivers to unlock and start their cars.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-59357306

6 hours ago, FrankR said:

It is hard to argue with the convenience of a Tesla as a second car. A vehicle that you can charge at home and does not require annual or routine servicing at a dealership…. 🚘

But it is hard to argue for a Tesla as a second car at the price, especially if you don't have charging capability at home.

47 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

we need to be demanding SD cars ASAP...millions of lives saved, pollution and gas usage greatly diminished, and a new lease on life for elderly people.

While I'm all for progress, I think Tesla is a company who throws shit against the wall to see what sticks.

Using a multitude of drivers on public roads as beta-testers will remain problematic.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/12/22778135/tesla-full-self-driving-beta-crash-fsd-california

Edited by Benjamin_Nicholas

I'm just curious as to what if you are on the road and can't find a charging station and run out of power.  Does Tesla or AAA tow you to one or do they bring you a quick charge?  I've had my eye on the new electric Mustang but not in a rush.

24 minutes ago, LIguy said:

I'm just curious as to what if you are on the road and can't find a charging station and run out of power.  Does Tesla or AAA tow you to one or do they bring you a quick charge?  I've had my eye on the new electric Mustang but not in a rush.

Here in eastern Riverside county, I-10 runs through a long stretch of desert in which there are no other roads. A few years ago, a flash flood took out a bridge, and traffic heading west got stuck there for a very long time, because there were no exits and no way to turn around. A guy in a Tesla wasn't watching his charge, and ran out of battery power. Once things got cleared out, Tesla sent a truck to get the car and take it to their nearest charging station, which was miles back near the Arizona border.

9 hours ago, thedanNYC said:

It reminds him he's rich.

LOL, I asked @MikeBiDude why he likes his Tesla so much because I've seen a big increase in their numbers on my local streets.  5 years ago, spotting a Tesla was like seeing a Rolls-Royce.  Today, I see them all the time.  Obviously people like them.  I was just curious about why exactly.