Will Corona curtail your hiring?

Ajac
This topic is 1490 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is intriguing new research into why Italy may be seeing such rapid spread. It fits into everything I've heard and learned about the importance of self isolation and social distancing especially between the young and old given the probability of community spread in much of the developed world.

https://www.wired.com/story/why-the-coronavirus-hit-italy-so-hard/

hate to say this, but masseurfinder and rentmasseur should be suspending the sites until the crisis has passed.

I agree. my masseur told me about a new site FINDM4M where they are not charging him to keep his business profile online. He is not getting any work and he cant afford to advertise. Im sure he is not having any more success but he doesnt want to disappear.

I'm not hiring any time soon.

I don't want to get infected but what's more important is I don't want to get infected AND spread this virus around unknowingly during the asymptomatic stages. If you can get it by sheer proximity and the possibility of inhaling or getting infected saliva on you just in public, imagine the risk you take being naked for an hour with a masseur, moreso if any oral or kissing activities take place (Especially since the masseur himself takes that risk by dealing with how many clients he may have). Right now we have the responsibility to other people, not just for our own wellbeing, to stop this disease from spreading.

I hope these guys have some reserves, scary thought if they were spending all they were making. I feel for them, I just can't schedule a massage any time soon.

What do you do if you can't get unemployment benefits, any forthcoming help from the Small Business Administration (most probably don't have a registered business), and any of that "check to all Americans" package they are talking about because you are not a citizen?

Edited by Capitano

What part of social distancing do we not understand? This would be very irresponsible. We all need to take a break and see how this all unfolds in the next weeks.

stay safe.

Agreed.

Do we need the government to step in and shut this all down, perhaps for good?

Or can we manage affairs responsibly?

Guest fm0322

Facts: COVID-19 is airborne, it persists on surfaces for hours and up to days. We all know now that it is passed in part through droplets - coughing, sneezing - from one person to another. An infected client coughing, sneezing, or who has a runny nose will leave droplets on the table/towel. We're stuck with the cleaning practices for the towels/sheets at a spa. Spraying surfaces with disinfectants will reduce any virus, but it needs to be thorough. In short, going to a spa is AYOR. Having a massage in your own place, is the safest, IMHO. Anyone who has any risk factors really needs to consider social distancing and isolation, regardless of how inconvenient.