Attention! - 15th Annual Palm Springs Weekend, 2019

Oliver
This topic is 1861 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A lapsed poster is like a lapsed catholic, always welcomed into warm, strong, muscular waiting arms and then kissed softly on the neck with the stubble of a manly beard sending chills down into the deep recesses of ones soul.

See you there.

Hmmm... I was never an altar boy though! Thanks purplekow! :D

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if it has been posted about but I read a blurb in the LA Times that the PS aerial tramway from the desert floor into the San Jacinto mountains will be closed until at least April 1st. It is closed in order to do repairs in order to restore electricity after damage due to wind storms on Feb. 14th. The roadway leading to the tram also needs to be cleared of rocks and trees. Last, the small town Idyllwyld on the other side of the mountain is closed to visitors until access is restored.

I am not sure if it has been posted about but I read a blurb in the LA Times that the PS aerial tramway from the desert floor into the San Jacinto mountains will be closed until at least April 1st. It is closed in order to do repairs in order to restore electricity after damage due to wind storms on Feb. 14th. The roadway leading to the tram also needs to be cleared of rocks and trees. Last, the small town Idyllwyld on the other side of the mountain is closed to visitors until access is restored.

The tram has been closed since the deluge of rain on February 14 because the road leading to it washed away in a couple of places. They are repairing the road, but no announcement yet when it will reopen.

A lapsed poster is like a lapsed catholic, always welcomed into warm, strong, muscular waiting arms and then kissed softly on the neck with the stubble of a manly beard sending chills down into the deep recesses of ones soul.

See you there.

Now I'm hard! ?

Hi gang. Good news and bad news. Good news is I will definitely be coming to PS this year. Plans were uncertain until just recently. Bad news is that there are no longer any vacancies at Canyon Club where I liked the social atmosphere. There is at least one room available at InnDulge. Looking to socialize with other members. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi gang. Good news and bad news. Good news is I will definitely be coming to PS this year. Plans were uncertain until just recently. Bad news is that there are no longer any vacancies at Canyon Club where I liked the social atmosphere. There is at least one room available at InnDulge. Looking to socialize with other members. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Several forum members are staying there, but feel free to come hang out with us at Canyon Club if you want! :) Looking forward to seeing you again.

Rob

Very regretfully I had to cancel my room at Hacienda. If you are looking for a room you might check there. Two can definitely share one of the suite. If you want some info about it feel free to PM me.

Sorry to hear that. Thanks, but I got a room at InnDulge.

I'm coming this year - at least to the pool party. I'm all checked in with Oliver. I will drive from LA early Sunday morning and just hang until the party, maybe at the Canyon Club. Perhaps renew a few friendships, make some new ones.:p

Unfortunately, I must return Sunday nite and be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for work on Monday, bright and early.

Truly looking forward to this. Last year's cancellation was a bummer in a whole lot of ways.

See you all there!?

for those interested, I'll be doing morning hikes on Friday the 12th and Saturday the 13th......depending on how hot it is, we can meet up (or I can pick you up) and start the hikes about 8-ish......I'm staying at the Canyon Club and can pick up one or two people staying in the Warm Sands area if needed.....will probably do the Araby Trail if parking is available (close-up views of the former Bob Hope home!) and the Bump And Grind Trail (we might see the shirtless local fireman again!) a ways out in Palm Desert......steady uphill, but my hikes are never a race and we'll try to stay together, taking breaks as needed.....maybe about an hour or a bit more of actual hiking on high-quality trails.....please PM me via the forum here if interested.......thanks

bump-n-grind.jpg

Edited by azdr0710

for those interested, I'll be doing morning hikes on Friday the 12th and Saturday the 13th......depending on how hot it is, we can meet up (or I can pick you up) and start the hikes about 8-ish......I'm staying at the Canyon Club and can pick up one or two people staying in the Warm Sands area if needed.....will probably do the Araby Trail if parking is available (close-up views of the former Bob Hope home!) and the Bump And Grind Trail (we might see the shirtless local fireman again!) a ways out in Palm Desert......steady uphill, but my hikes are never a race and we'll try to stay together, taking breaks as needed.....maybe about an hour or a bit more of actual hiking on high-quality trails.....please PM me via the forum here if interested.......thanks

bump-n-grind.jpg

I'm in for the hike.Messaging you shortly.

Dane