RIP - Gone Too Soon.

Larstrup
This topic is 2020 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate DSL. I want regular time year round. I remember many years ago the US tried DST year round but it didn't last thankfully. Country school children are waiting for the bus in the doctor and drivers don't see them.

I only have two clocks. When I got up this morning I changed the one in the bedroom. And before I go to bed I'll change the one on the radio in the living room.

If I resided in any of the states that split time zones, I'd go berserk for sure.

Oregon and Idaho are split between the Mountain and Pacific time zones.

Nebraska, Kansas, Texas, North and South Dakota are divided between Central and Mountain time zones.

Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee are split between Eastern and Central time zones.

Alaska is split between the Alaska time zone and the Hawaii-Aleutian time zone.

https://www.plansponsor.com/friday-post/trivial-pursuits-many-states-one-time-zone/

If I resided in any of the states that split time zones, I'd go berserk for sure.

Nebraska, Kansas, Texas, North and South Dakota are divided between Central and Mountain time zones.

Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee are split between Eastern and Central time zones.

https://www.plansponsor.com/friday-post/trivial-pursuits-many-states-one-time-zone/

Thank-you for sharing that. I was unaware of that. I only knew of Indiana at one time but they changed it.

I do know that Hawaii and Arizona do not keep DST.

I think it interesting that all of China is only one time zone despite the country being so large. It's because the majority of the population live near the coast.

Growing up in Indiana we didn't have it. Working as I did in a role that I interacted with colleagues across the country, it was always fun trying to remember whether Green Bay was an hour behind us or on the same time. I loved that AZ was always two hours behind. Then I had to move to Ohio and remember that my mom in Indiana was an hour behind Ohio during the summer.

I tend to be a person who awakes with the sunrise. These last couple of weeks are really tough getting out of bed. (During the summer, I'm up well before the alarm goes off at 6:00, even on the weekends.)

No need to go berserk over Texas-at least not due to Time Zones:p Texas is barely into the Mountain Time Zone. It's basically just El Paso and the surrounding area. The rest of the state is in the Central Time Zone.

http://gm-tza.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/img/us_tx_std.png

Gman

No need to go berserk over Texas-at least not due to Time Zones:p Texas is barely into the Mountain Time Zone. It's basically just El Paso and the surrounding area. The rest of the state is in the Central Time Zone.

http://gm-tza.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/img/us_tx_std.png

Gman

With my luck, I know where I would be. :rolleyes:

Indiana used to recognized DST in the central time zone but not in the eastern time zone.

The state always had split time zones, but this meant that half the time there was a difference and half the time there wasn’t. It taught me the difference between CDT, CST, EDT, and EST

I was chatting with someone over dinner a couple of days ago, and mentioned the Indiana time zone thing. I got this glazed look and, 'How the fuck do you know this shit?'

Half Australia has DST (basically the south/east) and half doesn't (the north/west), so we go from three time zones in winter to five in summer. At least everywhere that changes now does so on the same days in April and October [the first Sunday in both cases].

I was chatting with someone over dinner a couple of days ago, and mentioned the Indiana time zone thing. I got this glazed look and, 'How the fuck do you know this shit?'

Half Australia has DST (basically the south/east) and half doesn't (the north/west), so we go from three time zones in winter to five in summer. At least everywhere that changes now does so on the same days in April and October [the first Sunday in both cases].

I wonder how many Americans can name the Australian states and their capitals? I can. I understand that the Northern Territory is to become a state in a couple of years.