Shower time: AM or PM

purplekow
This topic is 2260 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I recently read an article that indicates that night time showers are better for your health. A warm shower promotes restful sleep and washes away possible allergens that may cause issues during the night.

I usually shower in the morning. The shower helps to wake me and to ease me into the day. On the other hand, I am usually pressured for time in the morning and I am considered changing to a PM shower, but as that is not my routine, I have not found this to be an easy transition.

In the morning, after a nighttime shower, I do feel more rested but I feel as though I need a morning shower as well. As a result, I have not eased my morning schedule by showering at night.

So Showers AM PM or both?

On a side note, showers before sex, after sex or both?

I shower all the time. It’s my favorite place to be

and my favorite times of day. Morning, noon,

and night. Before, after, and during sex. Before

and after the gym. Anytime is cool with me.

Sometimes, if I’m having trouble sleeping I’ll

even get up and take a quick hot shower in the

middle of the night. It calms my nerves and helps

me instantly drift off to sleep.

Any hotel with a crappy shower....is somewhere

that I will never stay twice.

Both.

The one at night is long and leisurely and very relaxing. I love the feeling of getting into bed perfectly clean. That's also when I wash my hair and shave my neck. I do find it helps me sleep better.

The morning is really just a rinse to wake up and get rid of the Bed Head.

There is a third shower if I'm hooking up or going out for the evening.

I recently read an article that indicates that night time showers are better for your health. A warm shower promotes restful sleep and washes away possible allergens that may cause issues during the night.

I usually shower in the morning. The shower helps to wake me and to ease me into the day. On the other hand, I am usually pressured for time in the morning and I am considered changing to a PM shower, but as that is not my routine, I have not found this to be an easy transition.

In the morning, after a nighttime shower, I do feel more rested but I feel as though I need a morning shower as well. As a result, I have not eased my morning schedule by showering at night.

So Showers AM PM or both?

On a side note, showers before sex, after sex or both?

Please keep showering before heading out even if you're pressure by time. Showering at night is a good thing to do but I'd rather a warm glass of milk before going to bed.

PM shower type.

Older here. Skin is getting thin and dry and I was having some skin issues.

A dermatologist gave me advice to help improve the situation.

Said it’s not necessary to shower every day. That can actually be counterproductive since it can remove needed protective skin oils.

Shower as needed.

But I can’t stand getting in bed with smelly feet.

So I always do at least a modified “Navy Shower” that wash, at a minimum, pubic areas and feet before going to bed. Maybe also just a very quick once over rinse, with no soap, of other skin areas.

On my “real” shower days I use a body soap and shampoo a little earlier than bedtime. When finished I oil myself down, while still wet, with a body oil. While I’m waiting for the oil to soak in I will squeegee down the shower. In the few minutes that takes I will have pretty much drip dried. So I only have to pat dry (not rub dry) the remaining moisture off. The multi-tasking here leaves me with a better protected skin and a clean shower. Only use the towel twice before laundering. Second time end by using the towel to wipe down the chrome. Then I lounge around awhile in my soft flannel PJ’s to let any remaining oil soak in before going to bed.

I’ve definitely noticed positive results since following his advice.

PM shower type.

Older here. Skin is getting thin and dry and I was having some skin issues.

A dermatologist gave me advice to help improve the situation.

Said it’s not necessary to shower every day. That can actually be counterproductive since it can remove needed protective skin oils.

Shower as needed.

But I can’t stand getting in bed with smelly feet.

So I always do at least a modified “Navy Shower” that wash, at a minimum, pubic areas and feet before going to bed. Maybe also just a very quick once over rinse, with no soap, of other skin areas.

On my “real” shower days I use a body soap and shampoo a little earlier than bedtime. When finished I oil myself down, while still wet, with a body oil. While I’m waiting for the oil to soak in I will squeegee down the shower. In the few minutes that takes I will have pretty much drip dried. So I only have to pat dry (not rub dry) the remaining moisture off. The multi-tasking here leaves me with a better protected skin and a clean shower. Only use the towel twice before laundering. Second time end by using the towel to wipe down the chrome. Then I lounge around awhile in my soft flannel PJ’s to let any remaining oil soak in before going to bed.

I’ve definitely noticed positive results since following his advice.

I tried taking high-dose niacin to control my cholesterol. In some people, it causes dry skin. it usually resolves after a period of time. I was one of those people. I kept taking niacin, waiting for my skin to get better and it never did. I stopped taking the niacin and my skin returned to normal in a few weeks' time. I did all of those things that you did. I even cut my showering to one time per week, but I did a whore's bath every morning. I ended up looking forward to my daily whore's bath. It was sort of erotic, sitting on a towel thrown over a stool in the bathroom, nothing on, with the heat blasting, washing in the sink and getting oiled up, sitting and waiting for the oil to dry. It was good practice for the stage of life you are at.

All my adult work life, I showered before getting ready for work. Morning if worked day shift, midmorning if worked afternoons, and evening, when I worked midnight shift. On days off, showered before going out.

Now that I don't work, and I don't have anything planned for the next day, I prefer to shower before bed. Feels great to get into bed with a clean body, especially if sheets were just changed. Maybe a throwback to my childhood, when us kids were put in the tub before bedtime.

I used to shower in A.M.s before work. Thank god that monotony is gone. So if I am not going to the gym I might just forgo a shower. On the days I am going to the gym (probably 3 days a week) it is usually in the late afternoon. Once finished there, I come home, watch my Rachel, and shower. Saves a lot of hot water.

I shower all the time. It’s my favorite place to be

and my favorite times of day. Morning, noon,

and night. Before, after, and during sex. Before

and after the gym. Anytime is cool with me.

Sometimes, if I’m having trouble sleeping I’ll

even get up and take a quick hot shower in the

middle of the night. It calms my nerves and helps

me instantly drift off to sleep.

Any hotel with a crappy shower....is somewhere

that I will never stay twice.

You are a NYCman who is always squeaky clean and ready for action at any time. You must always smell good . . . And have a lot of towels. Once in the morning for me and then I'll freshen up at bed time. As for sex time, whenever that may be, it would depend on the spontaneity of the action. o_O

I go to the gym early in the morning (5 a.m.) and afterwards have coffee with friends

(6 a.m.). I return home at about 7 a.m. to shave and shower. If for some reason I don't go to the gym I might skip both showering and shaving for a day.

Many years ago a dermatologist told me two showers a day, on a regular basis, was a major no no as it removed needed body oil which prevented the skin from drying out and scaling.