United: from dragging a passenger and now asphyxiating a dog.

marylander1940
This topic is 2255 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

United flight attendant who forced dog into overhead bin 'lying,' owner's daughter says

Woman with 2 young kids was forced to put the dog in the carry on overhead bin instead of under the seat.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/03/14/dog-dies-on-united-flight-after-flight-attendant-allegedly-forced-passenger-to-put-carrier-in-overhead-bin.html

United flight attendant who forced dog into overhead bin 'lying,' owner's daughter says

Woman with 2 young kids was forced to put the dog in the carry on overhead bin instead of under the seat.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/03/14/dog-dies-on-united-flight-after-flight-attendant-allegedly-forced-passenger-to-put-carrier-in-overhead-bin.html

How truly awful. It sounds like a nightmare but unfortunately happened in real life. Once the family recovers somewhat, they should file suit and throw the book at United and the totally uncaring flight attendant.

TruHart1 :cool:

How truly awful. It sounds like a nightmare but unfortunately happened in real life. Once the family recovers somewhat, they should file suit and throw the book at United and the totally uncaring flight attendant.

TruHart1 :cool:

Sometimes common sense ain't common. Those bins are almost hermetic, animals need air... is not rocket science or is education so bad that we have to put a sign about it?

What's next freezing a dog to death with the check in luggage?

OMG !

you watch Fox

United is really one of the worst majors in the country, while Delta has really stepped up its game and American remains the same. 20 years ago I was a United regular at platinum; but now I can’t remember the last time I flew with them.

The Harris County DA is considering filing criminal charges in this case pending investigation. It's not clear if that only applies to the airline or the flight attendant or both.

Apparently, United transports more animals than any other domestic airline. Of 24 animal deaths in transit last year, United was responsible for 18 of them. Seriously? Three fourths of animal deaths on one airline? There's a serious problem with United's animal handling procedures.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/15/dogs-death-on-united-flight-could-lead-to-criminal-charges/

While United and the flight attendant should pay very very dearly for this, the puppy's owner is not without responsibility here. I would never put my pet in the overhead bin. I'd get off the flight and immediately request to speak with a superior or stay on the flight and request to speak to the purser or the captain.

While United and the flight attendant should pay very very dearly for this, the puppy's owner is not without responsibility here. I would never put my pet in the overhead bin. I'd get off the flight and immediately request to speak with a superior or stay on the flight and request to speak to the purser or the captain.

Part of the problem was that the mother apparently didn't speak much English, and depended on her little girl to do the communicating with the attendant.

United is really one of the worst majors in the country, while Delta has really stepped up its game and American remains the same. 20 years ago I was a United regular at platinum; but now I can’t remember the last time I flew with them.

United went to shit when they merged with CO. It also didn't help that they let go the best management from Continental in the process.

American is going downhill quickly.: Their CEO is a holdover from US Airways who's turning the legacy carrier into a discount joke.

Delta is stepping it up. Agreed totally. I hope they continue to offer more than their competitors.

Part of the problem was that the mother apparently didn't speak much English, and depended on her little girl to do the communicating with the attendant.

I'm sure this added to the confusion. Plus, relations and cooperation between flight crew and passengers is probably at an all-time low. We've all seen the cell phone videos of both parties acting very inappropriately, but it seems that no matter who is at fault, the passenger ends up getting booted off the flight. That said, it would take a very dim-witted person to allow their animal to be put into the overhead compartment. I certainly would have thrown a cell-phone-video-worthy hissy fit before ever doing so. Hell, I would have pulled out the cell phone myself and started recording.

United went to shit when they merged with CO. It also didn't help that they let go the best management from Continental in the process.

American is going downhill quickly.: Their CEO is a holdover from US Airways who's turning the legacy carrier into a discount joke.

Delta is stepping it up. Agreed totally. I hope they continue to offer more than their competitors.

I had two trips on Delta in February: BOS-ATL then ATL-HNL.

They were the two best flights I've ever been on ... good food; incredible service. Flying both Alaska airlines and Hawiian Airlines on this trip were disappointments.

And a nod to JetBlue's Mint service. If you haven't tried it, it's really the way to fly, especially in the private compartments.

Back in the 90's I flew United, First Class, LA to London. Not a short flight. It left LA at about 4 PM so about 2 hours later it was time to serve a meal, one of several. The woman next to me told the flight attendant she was allergic to cheese and every choice, appetizers to entry was full of cheese. She said she ordered a special meal - Kosher - and it was of course, milk/cheese instead of meat! She asked if she could then just have a meal from Economy and the attendant said they were not allowed to do that! So she had a dessert for dinner, fruit for a snack, and since breakfast was cheese omelets, fruit for breakfast. No accommodation at all! No compassion at all.

Last time I flew United.

Back in the 90's I flew United, First Class, LA to London. Not a short flight. It left LA at about 4 PM so about 2 hours later it was time to serve a meal, one of several. The woman next to me told the flight attendant she was allergic to cheese and every choice, appetizers to entry was full of cheese. She said she ordered a special meal - Kosher - and it was of course, milk/cheese instead of meat! She asked if she could then just have a meal from Economy and the attendant said they were not allowed to do that! So she had a dessert for dinner, fruit for a snack, and since breakfast was cheese omelets, fruit for breakfast. No accommodation at all! No compassion at all.

Last time I flew United.

I hope there were public complaints and the airline was changed their policy.

Sen. John Kennedy, Louisiana loon, tweeted “I will be filing a bill tomorrow that will prohibit airlines from putting animals in overhead bins. Violators will face significant fines. Pets are family.”

Sen. Kennedy opposes all firearms restrictions. Nice FU to dead Parkland kids.