marylander1940
This topic is 2361 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A New Jersey family is desperately searching for their puppy — after it was stolen at gunpoint while out on a walk.

Melanie Costa, 22, of Newark, said her father Luis was walking their teacup yorkie Munchkin Friday night when three armed men demanded he fork over his cash.

When he told them he didn’t have his wallet, they snagged the dog instead, Costa wrote in a Facebook post.

Tiny Yorkshire terriers can fetch anywhere from $800 to upwards of thousands of dollars,according to Yorkiemag.com, but Munchkin is chipped and will register if purchased.

“I walked in my house the other day and felt empty,” Costa told local channel News 12. “I kept looking in each room for him.”

The heartbroken Caldwell University grad said the family reported the theft to police and are hopeful their three year old pup will be returned home.

Newark police did not respond to a request for comment.