Lube

sincitymix
This topic is 2356 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think there's a chance it could go rancid, but I am tempted to start doing this too. I cook just often enough never to remember to soften the butter!

That's the answer...use it too fast!!! ;) I keep it in the breadbox loosely covered with its own wrapper. Never, ever, gone rancid

Head & Shoulders. No, it was not my idea and he realized it was a bad idea about .5 seconds after insertion, what can I say, we were 17.

My friend told me he used shampoo as lube before, he said it worked well, but I never tried.

I always keep a stick of butter out and at room temp! Good to know it has spontaneous uses:):)

I had a really nice butter keeper that I got at Williams Sonoma some time ago. It was porcelain and it was very heavy and had a heavy cover also. It kept the butter a little lower than room temperature so that it stayed a little bit firm and didn't get rancid. Alas, it got broken.