"Will and Grace" is back

deej
This topic is 1883 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R.I.P. ROSARIO

If anyone is following the revamp of Will and Grace, you will know they resurrected the main cast and most of the supporting players. We've already seen Harry Connick Jr, and Leslie Jordan... But the iconic maid and nemesis to boozy Karen has never appeared, although they did make reference to her in the background....

This week we said Goodbye to feisty Rosario, she died of a sudden heart attack, and the episode forces Karen to deal with her own feelings and grieve in her own way.

R.I.P Rosario. - we hardly knew ya....THIS time !

Supposedly during the show's run the rest of the cast and Shelly Morrison had some sort of falling out, I think over her spilling the beans about Megan Mullally's engagement. I wonder if that was part of the reason she didn't come back. Even if she wasn't well I'd think she could have recorded some lines to have been delivered from offstage.

I don't know...the themes are a bit serious and morose this time around (with a bit of humor sprinkled on top). I'd rather more comedy without the long moral lessons.

Kipp

Dont you think its a reaction to the World we currently live in ? Perhaps a little more Morality wouldnt hurt us ?

WOW!

I know the battle for ratings is fierce, and the networks are desperate for anything that will give them an edge, but what CBS is doing with MOM next week to try to win the 9PM Thursday ratings battle is just… I don’t know what! To have Christy sleep with Jack McFarland’s son!?!?!?

And don’t forget, Elliot’s mother is Bonnie’s former carpet muncher.

This is all a little TOO incestuous! Even for a Chuck Lorre show.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've always wondered... Do you think Will is a top, bottom, or versatile? I thought of this again this week when he & Grace were boffing Megan Mullally's hubby.

The character of Will is so insecure and non-assertive, that one would think he would be a bottom. But, once the bedroom door closes, who knows what might be going where. Grace on the other hand, is a top.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I read a gushing comment, I think to myself really??? I find the quality to be roughly equal to the last few seasons of the original, when everyone thought the show was tired and past its prime. Yes, there have been some great moments here and there, but I think people are letting nostalgia and the admittedly-still-amazing chemistry color their impressions with rose-colored glasses. I’m still watching, but then again I’m the one who holds on to the past as long as possible, & I don’t have premium channels or netflix/amazon etc. from which to find new programs to watch. But I’m glad everyone else is enjoying it so much. As for returning guest stars, if they manage to bring back Karen’s mom I’ll be impressed.

Every time I read a gushing comment, I think to myself really??? I find the quality to be roughly equal to the last few seasons of the original, when everyone thought the show was tired and past its prime. Yes, there have been some great moments here and there, but I think people are letting nostalgia and the admittedly-still-amazing chemistry color their impressions with rose-colored glasses. I’m still watching, but then again I’m the one who holds on to the past as long as possible, & I don’t have premium channels or netflix/amazon etc. from which to find new programs to watch. But I’m glad everyone else is enjoying it so much. As for returning guest stars, if they manage to bring back Karen’s mom I’ll be impressed.

It's a bit old fashioned and repetitious, but they try to make it relevant with references to current pop culture. The chemistry is what makes the show, not new earth shattering ideas.....

The show works for the audience for one major reason and it's not the script...

W&G is like that old pair of well-worn, comfortable leather loafers you stuck in the back of your closet and didn't wear for 5 years. One day, you actually decide to vacuum the ENTIRE room (including the damned closet) and you stumble upon them again. You slip them on and they feel like you've rediscovered an old friend you haven't seen in ages.

That is the allure of W&G. Never underestimate the power of nostalgia.