Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/26/2022 at 11:57 PM, mike carey said:

Someone tweeted a pic of a menu notice sign that listed the 'spesial' as salmon served with mashed potatoes and Aspergers, to which someone replied with:

FYk34KAUcAAU1c5?format=jpg&name=large

I once saw a seasonal sign in a store window in York, England that read: "Now is the winter of our discount tents."

Apologies to the Bard.

It seems that another Australian Government twitter account is trying to engage the public. Not everyone can be convinced that statistics are cool. Also, not sure the Twitter demographic and the 'I know who George Jetson is' cohort overlap by too much, but for those of us who do both ...

FY8kpDwWAAIwNfX?format=jpg&name=medium

On 7/28/2022 at 10:01 PM, mike carey said:

My twitter feed delivers again!

FYsoYfTXgAE6N0R?format=jpg&name=900x900

What is Cottaging in British slang?

(kɒtɪdʒɪŋ ) uncountable noun. Cottaging is homosexual activity between men in public toilets. [British, informal]

What does Cottaging mean in Canada?

going to the cottage

Cottaging has a very different meaning in Canada. Here it means going to the cottage. Nothing else. And it really is glorious!Aug 30, 2019
Edited by Unicorn

16 minutes ago, mike carey said:

This is a somewhat unusual example of British slang that is not commonly used in Australia.

I've tried to look up "bumsex" in French, but this seems to be British slang as well. I've never heard it used as a French word. Since the signage was in English and French, I assumed this to be either a British/French or a Canadian boat line, and it looks like it's British. 

9 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I've tried to look up "bumsex" in French, but this seems to be British slang as well. I've never heard it used as a French word. Since the signage was in English and French, I assumed this to be either a British/French or a Canadian boat line, and it looks like it's British. 

99% sure it's a (P&O) Channel ferry. Who needs it to be real French!?

Yes, I know it isn’t Friday. Ahem. Anyhow, I guess I’ve been under a rock or I’m getting really old.  There’s a hilarious dude on TikTok and Youtube who has some terrific 60 second-or-so videos. He’s gay, smart, and hip. Below is a link to an article about him which I read before I ever watched him. Granted, the article is a bit long, but worth the read.  His YT name is B. Dylan Hollis  - 

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/BDylanHollis

Waddaya know? I'm actually posting here on a Friday.

Well, a new café has opened in the Canberra industrial suburb of Fyshwick in premises formerly occupied by a brothel. And what, I hear you ask, have they named the café? They have called it 'Happy Ending', because of course they would!