Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half-Lobster Scientist Just Going To Hope Coworkers Don’t Notice He Had Mishap With CRISPR

BERKELEY, CA—Admitting he felt self-conscious following a workplace accident involving the highly experimental gene-editing technology, a local half-lobster scientist told reporters Friday he would just have to hope his coworkers didn’t notice his CRISPR mishap. “The main thing I need to do is make sure I don’t slip up and try to shake someone’s hand, because that would be a dead giveaway,” said University of California, Berkeley, microbiologist Steven Lipstadt, using his gigantic claws to put on a novelty sombrero he had purchased on his lunch break in order to hide the long antennae projecting outward from his head. “Luckily my lab coat covers up quite a bit of my tail, so as long as I stay behind my desk, no one should notice that. Maybe people will see my protruding crimson rostrum and think I just have a cold or something? Ugh. If anyone notices I look a little different today, I’ll tell them I got a haircut. I just hope nobody here has a shellfish allergy.” At press time, Lipstadt was reportedly worried the nighttime cleaning staff would discovered that the half-human lobster had been forced to smother with a couch cushion and stuff into a trash can after seeing Lipstadt working late in the lab while listening to the B-52’s. 

(News Update by The Onion)

A08CA570-404A-404A-B0D0-451CAAAB7BA2.jpeg

Edited by Tygerscent

"Chris" and I will be doing an almost 3-week tour of Britain in about 6 weeks. We will have about 6 days in London, and I don't know if we'll get to the Abbey Road Studios. I've never been. Although I've traveled extensively in most western European countries, I have only passing knowledge of Britain, so it will be interesting to get to know this country. So far, I've only visited London, Oxford, Stratford, and Edinburgh. I guess I've been afraid of too much rain, and the fact that I can't drive there. We'll be doing a bus tour, so I won't have to worry about driving.

FRjl2tQVkAEXBX4?format=png&name=small

Edited by Unicorn

1 hour ago, mike carey said:

Lol, I needed a lift!

Reminds me of a 70s commercial....

Edited by Unicorn