Face Cradle for Bed Massage

Just now, shadowcatzxxx said:

I use one of those U-shaped travel pillows.  It ain't perfect, but it works in a pinch.

I’ve brought mine a few times.  I often forget to ask about the massage set up.

Posted (edited)

I put a small pillow under their head and have them look to one side. I've not had complaints yet. I do the same when I'm getting the massage. It's not a sleeping pillow, mind you, but a very thin throw pillow I got originally for my sofa. 

Edited by Wolfer

9 minutes ago, Wolfer said:

I put a small pillow under their head and have them look to one side. I've not had complaints yet. I do the same when I'm getting the massage. It's not a sleeping pillow, mind you, but a very thin throw pillow I got originally for my sofa. 

Having my head turned to one side gives me a stiff neck pretty quickly. 

24 minutes ago, Trick said:

Having my head turned to one side gives me a stiff neck pretty quickly. 

If I have no pillow then yeah me too. But with the pillow I don't have that.

13 minutes ago, JamesB said:

You can actually get a face cradle that attaches to the bed for like $100 on Amazon.

I actually really dislike face cradles, even on a table. They give me major cramps in my neck muscle.

13 hours ago, Trick said:

My one wish for face cradles on massage tables is that they provide a better view, especially if the masseur is nude. 😜 

Hahaha.  I remember one massage where all I could see was the masseur's feet, and a tiny bit of cheese he'd missed when cleaning up after eating.

6 hours ago, poolboy48220 said:

Hahaha.  I remember one massage where all I could see was the masseur's feet, and a tiny bit of cheese he'd missed when cleaning up after eating.

I’m always afraid my optic nerves and muscles would be pulled while trying to “scan” the view.

Posted (edited)

I don't want to make you feel like shit, but unless the masseur states he prefers massage done on a bed, or simply doesn't have a table,  bed massages, instead of table massages, are a crippling strain on the masseurs back and general body.

It would surprise me when, occasionally, a client would prefer to not use the cradle.   OUCH!

Edited by Rod Hagen

33 minutes ago, Simon Suraci said:

Or…invest in hiring a masseur who provides a real, purpose built, high quality, full size massage table for you - a sign he takes his job seriously.

I live in a provider wasteland, I can’t be choosy.😜

I much prefer to use a table but on out calls some clients simply don’t have space for the table or they specifically want to use the bed. If they’re paying then I think it’s their prerogative to choose but I always suggest it’s a better massage experience on the table. Some people aren’t too bothered about the massage experience though and are more interested in other aspects…