How would you proceed?

Go to solution Solved by Thique,

I'm seeking feedback and, I guess, confirmation that I should follow my gut.  I reached out to a provider via text inquiring about availability and rate.  It was a provider who was well reviewed here.  I was excited at the prospect of meeting him.  But he took 3 days to respond, and when he did, this was his ambiguously worded response:

"Hey.  I might not want to take any more work in xxx, but...".   He then goes on to give me his rate structure.  What am I to even make of that?  It seems a half-hearted response at best.   My gut tells me plenty of other fish in the sea and to just move on.  What say you all?  Has this happened to anyone?

16 hours ago, DrownedBoy said:

Agree vote here too. If a provider acts like he's doing you a favor, he needs some life lessons. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses the "but" line to justify a higher rate table.

(I'd ask what "xxx" means here, but probably not relevant)

I believe 'xxx' meant his location. So it would be 'I might not want to take any more work in Boston, but...'.  He's being honest, I think. If he's really booked in a certain city, then he doesn't want to over do it.