What area of the body do you want touched first for a massage?

I would say that approximately 80% of the time, my back is the first spot that masseurs begin, and presume this is normal for nearly all providers. 

I've had but just one reach for my glutes at the very start, and honestly, because of this, he because my out-of-town regular for years. I forever long ago gave up traditional therapeutic office massages due to laws in place prohibiting touch there completely. 

My now retired "hard sensual" regular would spend a significant amount of time on my rump - I deliberately initially hired him because he only advertised in a gay-friendly business newspaper, and was incredibly handsome (and came to discover in time he was big in multiple places).

I've had one (and only one) masseur begin with me on my back, working from top and bottom to center and the happy ending in the first part of the massage.  Then with that great relaxation in effect, over and onto the back etc.  Although very unusual, it makes sense in that the effect is to produce an almost coma-like state.

1 hour ago, robear said:

I've had one (and only one) masseur begin with me on my back, working from top and bottom to center and the happy ending in the first part of the massage.  Then with that great relaxation in effect, over and onto the back etc.  Although very unusual, it makes sense in that the effect is to produce an almost coma-like state.

I go to a provider that brings on the happy ending 30 minutes into a 90 minute session, then we have some hot playtime and a great massage.  Then the second happy ending happens.  Love it!

I typically start with neck and shoulders face down, then back, arms, and work my way down the body to legs and turn the client over. Lots of long, full body strokes along the way. I do feet for a longer massage or when specifically requested. Not everyone appreciates their feet being massaged, but those that do really enjoy it.

I like the face up approach. I’ve had this once before and the masseur said it was to minimize time getting a stuffy nose face down. I still start face down.

5 hours ago, robear said:

I always enjoy incorporating what I like to call a “happy middle”. Sometimes followed later by a happy ending. Happy middle is often face down. Depends on the client though. Not everyone wants that, and some can only cum once…and want/expect it to happen at the end, face up, like every other masseur they’ve ever been with. I try to open up their horizons a bit, but some people are stuck in their ways and upset when something is unexpected and different.

I do a lot of traditional face-up-at-the-end style happy endings as well. At least with those it’s never mechanical or boring. I take pride in giving a powerful, memorable, and pleasurable finale experience. Usually some edging play involved.  Sometimes some ass play as well, balls, other erogenous zones. There are so many ways to make it fun, interesting, and interactive. I’m amazed at how many men have never been properly edged before and it blows their mind!

Sometimes there is another “happy” moment in the shower afterward. It doesn’t have to be confined to the table. Once in a while a client gets off the table for a minute or two to enjoy being on their knees…

One of the important aspects is a sense of building connection, and then building up erotic energy over the course of the session. Sometimes I start off with a naked hug.

A minority of clients either can’t or don’t want to cum, and that’s fine. I incorporate whatever level of eroticism the client wants. At a minimum, with me you always receive an excellent therapeutic massage.

Reading and communicating with your client is important.

1 hour ago, Simon Suraci said:

I typically start with neck and shoulders face down, then back, arms, and work my way down the body to legs and turn the client over. Lots of long, full body strokes along the way. I do feet for a longer massage or when specifically requested. Not everyone appreciates their feet being massaged, but those that do really enjoy it.

I like the face up approach. I’ve had this once before and the masseur said it was to minimize time getting a stuffy nose face down. I still start face down.

I always enjoy incorporating what I like to call a “happy middle”. Sometimes followed later by a happy ending. Happy middle is often face down. Depends on the client though. Not everyone wants that, and some can only cum once…and want/expect it to happen at the end, face up, like every other masseur they’ve ever been with. I try to open up their horizons a bit, but some people are stuck in their ways and upset when something is unexpected and different.

I do a lot of traditional face-up-at-the-end style happy endings as well. At least with those it’s never mechanical or boring. I take pride in giving a powerful, memorable, and pleasurable finale experience. Usually some edging play involved.  Sometimes some ass play as well, balls, other erogenous zones. There are so many ways to make it fun, interesting, and interactive. I’m amazed at how many men have never been properly edged before and it blows their mind!

Sometimes there is another “happy” moment in the shower afterward. It doesn’t have to be confined to the table. Once in a while a client gets off the table for a minute or two to enjoy being on their knees…

One of the important aspects is a sense of building connection, and then building up erotic energy over the course of the session. Sometimes I start off with a naked hug.

A minority of clients either can’t or don’t want to cum, and that’s fine. I incorporate whatever level of eroticism the client wants. At a minimum, with me you always receive an excellent therapeutic massage.

Reading and communicating with your client is important.

Love the happy middle.  My guy does that the same way face down.  Feels amazing!

I have a regular provider where we start off talking with each other and catching up on what is going on in our lives...out of genuine interest and caring...all while we are getting undressed. Then we continue standing, arms around each other, naked body against naked body, talking, playing, caressing, doing what we know stimulates the other. And at some point we each know when it is time to get on the table for the massage. The orgasm is something like three-quarters into the 90 minute massage, giving time to wind down, relax and begin the rest of the day totally at peace. Works for me. 

Back shoulders. Most of my therapists spend a great deal of time on my lower back, which I'm fine with, but I believe that some spend too much time on that part of my body.

My favorite masseur is in PV, MX. He starts from the neck and he does stretches, and twists my neck. Nothing sensual or erotic about his massage, but it's a great massage.

Edited by soloyo215

I'd question the guy's training if a masseur started off by pummeling my bum, unless I had specifically requested they focus on it.  Most times they start with my shoulders and neck, or work along my extremities.

A sensual/erotic massage that begins with the scalp and light feather touches along the body before transitioning to deeper pressure work can be a fantastic experience.

Edited by DynamicUno

Although having said I start with the scalp I realise that actually I don’t start there. When my client is laid on the table, for sensual massage I start in their head.. mean in their brain.

That’s where a lot is going on especially if they’re anxious or they just arrived after a day at work or after a long journey. So I start by leaning in, whispering in their ear some words (come for a massage and find out what I say 😉) …and then I ask them to breathe deeply for a few long slow breaths where we coordinate our breathing. Only then, once my client is calm does any pressure touch begin. If they’re not relaxed the muscles are too tense so I find the best place to work on first is their mind. Get in there and you’re going to give a great massage 🙂

Actually, repeat business wise. it's best to end by working on the back because in a non-erotic massage, or an erotic massage that is also professional, the back is what most clients remember, because God didn't make the spine right, and it always hurts. 

Edited by Rod Hagen