NYC - Massage Parlors w/ Older Masseurs

Hello -- this is my first time posting on here.  I've so appreciated everyone's comments and topics, so hopefully I can find some help here!

Seems like a lot of guys on here (and I'm not trying to say this in a judgmental way, its more of an observation) are really into classically "hot" guys.  Younger, smoother, more toned, boyish features, etc.  Which is great, but my experience with a lot of those guys is that they're usually a) pretty inexperienced and/or b) kind of checked out, which leads to a really, really subpar massage.  

I'm into guys of all ages, but I really like getting massages from older men.  They're more experienced, more present during the massage, and ultimately leave me feeling like I actually got work done.  I *know* getting a good massage isn't always the #1 reason people choose a masseur, but all-around, I love getting worked on by an older guy (of any race and nationality).  

I know I can find some of these guys on the obvious websites (rentmasseur, masseurfinder, rentman, etc.)., but I like going to an actual parlor.  However, it seems like most of the parlors in NYC are only staffed with young guys and never older ones.  I know this may be laughable to some of you ("Uhm, why is this guy wanting to not get touched all over by a hot young guy?!" lol), but if any of you know of any parlors in NYC that have guys 40+, that would be great.  Like I said, I'm open to any type of guy - Asian, Middle Eastern, African, White, but I do prefer them to be from a different country. 

Thanks for reading!

4 minutes ago, thelovebroadcast said:

Yea, I don't agree with that analogy.  It's gross and ageist.  

Massage parlors not serving a menu item that you're searching for is neither gross nor ageist. It's just not what they're selling. There are many very skilled masseurs around who are in their fourth or fifth decade. They don't work at massage parlors. You do occasionally find them at Hotel Spas.

Just now, pubic_assistance said:

Massage parlors not serving a menu item that you're searching for is neither gross nor ageist. It's just not what they're selling. There are many very skilled masseurs around who are in their fourth or fifth decade. They don't work at massage parlors. You do occasionally find them at Hotel Spas.

But some parlors *do* offer masseuses who are older. I have had them in other cities, just not in NYC.  Which is why I'm asking *which* parlors do.  You know?  
Here's a more adequate analogy: Just because you can't find pho at most restaurants doesn't mean some restaurants don't serve it, you just have to know where to go. 

And it is ageist to compare people who are older to old food. Old food is gross, hazardous, unwanted, and actually shouldn't be served.  It's not nice to compare people to things that should be in the trash.  

Just now, pubic_assistance said:

There's lots of things that exist in other cities that don't work in NYC.

Sweetie, I grew up here.  New York has everything.  You just need to know where to look.  And whom to ask.  Obviously you're not one of those people who knows, so... why even say anything?  If you're not going to be helpful, best to just keep your opinions to yourself.  Also, there have already been two different guys who have messaged me personally with recommendations.  😂

I believe pubic assistance, with whom I disagree almost daily, is mostly right here. (Btw if you believe you already have info to the contrary, why don’t you share it instead of crowing that you know a secret).  
Chicago has a spa that employs older masseurs. 
I have not come across this in the MANY gay spas I’ve patronized in NYC where I live. Why? Probably because the rents are high and they need to keep the boys busy and there just isn’t a sufficient market to keep older guys busy. 
If you (or others) know differently, prove me wrong by letting the cat out of the bag but I believe I and pubic assistance are right. It’s not us trying to be ageist (though I have accused him of such things in the past, lol), I think it’s the marketplace at large in this instance. 

Edited by LookingAround

8 hours ago, LookingAround said:

believe pubic assistance, with whom I disagree almost daily, is mostly right here. (Btw if you believe you already have info to the contrary, why don’t you share it instead of crowing that you know a secret).  

@LookingAround You and I tend to disagree philosophically. This however is a fact, not an opinion. You are correct in your observations.

I am equally confused about why "sweetie" is insistent I am wrong but simultaneously can't seem to find what they are looking for.

13 hours ago, thelovebroadcast said:

Hello -- this is my first time posting on here.  I've so appreciated everyone's comments and topics, so hopefully I can find some help here!

Seems like a lot of guys on here (and I'm not trying to say this in a judgmental way, its more of an observation) are really into classically "hot" guys.  Younger, smoother, more toned, boyish features, etc.  Which is great, but my experience with a lot of those guys is that they're usually a) pretty inexperienced and/or b) kind of checked out, which leads to a really, really subpar massage.  

I'm into guys of all ages, but I really like getting massages from older men.  They're more experienced, more present during the massage, and ultimately leave me feeling like I actually got work done.  I *know* getting a good massage isn't always the #1 reason people choose a masseur, but all-around, I love getting worked on by an older guy (of any race and nationality).  

I know I can find some of these guys on the obvious websites (rentmasseur, masseurfinder, rentman, etc.)., but I like going to an actual parlor.  However, it seems like most of the parlors in NYC are only staffed with young guys and never older ones.  I know this may be laughable to some of you ("Uhm, why is this guy wanting to not get touched all over by a hot young guy?!" lol), but if any of you know of any parlors in NYC that have guys 40+, that would be great.  Like I said, I'm open to any type of guy - Asian, Middle Eastern, African, White, but I do prefer them to be from a different country. 

Thanks for reading!

Hello. Welcome to the forum. I can only speak for my experience. The massage parlors I've been to in NYC are more full of young masseurs who look exactly as you describe them. I myself, prefer people who are not in their 20s. Here are my thoughts:

Yes, it's possible to find a masseur who is more mature. However, that doesn't guarantee a great experience. One of my worst experiences getting massages was with a mature man who was quite unprofessional (though not at a massage parlor).

It's possible to make a request when calling. I went to the East Men Spa recently, and I got a masseur who was in his 40s, and I got a great experience with him (massage only, didn't offer extras, and I didn't ask for extras). I didn't ask for a masseur of a certain age at that time, but they had him, and he was great.

The other Spas I've been to have offered young (or young looking) men. As masseurs, I have received a range of experiences in terms of the quality of the massage. That means that you can get a good massage experience with a young, well-trained man, and you can get a horrible massage from an older man.

My suggestion is to just call and ask. So far when I've made specific requests they have been able to accommodate (though sometimes it has taken time). So some places are willing to work with your requests and accommodate within reason.

I forgot which facility had this gentleman, who is in his mid 40s, provides a great massage, provides extras (and as a side note, if you are into men's size, he will not disappoint you). I booked him in private, but I saw him listed as part of the staff in one of the places, (but now I can't remember or find it).

It is not a black-and-white thing. No one can't tell that it's not possible to find a masseur who can fulfill your requirements. It is a matter of more likeliness. In my opinion, you can just reach out and inquire. There's nothing to lose by just asking. Those are places of business, and I'm sure that they want to cater to all clients who they can make money of.

If you find what you're looking for, I'd be interested to know.

Edited by soloyo215

3 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

@LookingAround You and I tend to disagree philosophically. This however is a fact, not an opinion. You are correct in your observations.

I am equally confused about why "sweetie" is insistent I am wrong but simultaneously can't seem to find what they are looking for.

I think you're more confused by the notion of someone asking for recommendations. 😂  You know if someone asks for something, it doesn't mean that thing they're asking for doesn't exist, right?  They're just asking where/how they can get it?  And I wasn't suggesting that you're wrong, I'm just telling you that just because your understanding or experience of something is contrary to what I'm looking for, it doesn't mean you're right (or that I'm wrong). It just means that you don't know. 

Anyway, thanks to the *actually helpful* people who have written to me privately.
W Man Spa
Ocean Bodywork in Brooklyn
East Men Spa 
Yeah Man Spa (LES)
27 Men Spa 
Time's Square Men's Massage
Bonus suggestion was Russian Turkish Bath House, but a) I already knew about them and b) I don't find the guys who work there are as fun as they used to be pre-pandemic.  

So, there you go.  Less than 24 hours and seven suggestions.  If any other *helpful* people want to chime in or write to me, I'm happy to post any updates.

12 hours ago, LookingAround said:

I believe pubic assistance, with whom I disagree almost daily, is mostly right here. (Btw if you believe you already have info to the contrary, why don’t you share it instead of crowing that you know a secret).  
Chicago has a spa that employs older masseurs. 
I have not come across this in the MANY gay spas I’ve patronized in NYC where I live. Why? Probably because the rents are high and they need to keep the boys busy and there just isn’t a sufficient market to keep older guys busy. 
If you (or others) know differently, prove me wrong by letting the cat out of the bag but I believe I and pubic assistance are right. It’s not us trying to be ageist (though I have accused him of such things in the past, lol), I think it’s the marketplace at large in this instance. 

Update!

W Man Spa
Ocean Bodywork in Brooklyn
East Men Spa 
Yeah Man Spa (LES)
27 Men Spa 
Time's Square Men's Massage
Bonus suggestion was Russian Turkish Bath House, but a) I already knew about them and b) I don't find the guys who work there are as fun as they used to be pre-pandemic.  
*NEW*
Renew on 8th Ave and 48th St  
Rainbow Spa on 49th St between 8th & 9th

So now we're at 9 places.  All ya gotta do is ask, I suppose!

7 hours ago, soloyo215 said:

I forgot which facility had this gentleman, who is in his mid 40s, provides a great massage, provides extras (and as a side note, if you are into men's size, he will not disappoint you). I booked him in private, but I saw him listed as part of the staff in one of the places, (but now I can't remember or find it).

FYI: There are [at least] two Sergey’s. The wonderful “Ssergey” linked by @soloyo215 is independent and works out of his studio just south of Chinatown. He’s everything as described above.

The other “SergUA”, positively reviewed in this forum (and on my must try list), works at 27 Men and HK Men. You can also hire him directly:

RENTMASSEUR.COM

View my profile on RentMasseur.com

I could be wrong, but many "older" massage therapists in NYC prefer to be self-employed, especially if they lean toward sensual work. Once you have a solid client base, why work on commission for someone else? Some older guys like the stability and ambience of a high-end spa, tips are great too, but those guys will not be doing HEs. There are some hot men doing massage at certain gyms, but I doubt they would last long if they got caught doing anything sensual. If you're looking for "sensual," there's only one place to find that, and it's online, at very specific places. There are a few over-40 guys who are well reviewed in this forum, and several of them are worth seeking. I know from experience.

16 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

It’s because your delivery is atrocious (and you know it) 
You enjoy being trite. 
You also enjoy acting surprised when someone calls you out on it. 

7 hours ago, Monarchy79 said:

It’s because your delivery is atrocious (and you know it) 
You enjoy being trite. 
You also enjoy acting surprised when someone calls you out on it. 

Interesting viewpoint. But no.

Doesn't matter. Some of the others found some stale bread to recommend.

I personally have never seen anything but young twinks.at those locations. Apparently they hide the old men in the back. Must be a special request as a fetish.

5 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Interesting viewpoint. But no.

Doesn't matter. Some of the others found some stale bread to recommend.

I personally have never seen anything but young twinks.at those locations. Apparently they hide the old men in the back. Must be a special request as a fetish.

Ummm….

it does matter. How one delivers his message usually determines how the receiver accepts that message, if it’s correct/incorrect, true/false. 

The issue with your statement is not that it’s incorrect, because I agree with you.  

It’s  that you are an arse in your delivery. 

You can’t present caviar on a pile of cow dung, and expect people to eat it. 

Edited by Monarchy79

@thelovebroadcast you need to decide for yourself what is most important to you - the mature masseur experience or the massage parlor experience,  It is not likely that you will find both at the same time in NYC.  Clients are used to have access to the finest masseurs at all times  and competition among providers is exceptionally keen.  An aging provider, I am sorry to say, is not likely to last long at a commercial parlor.  Demand for them is very limited indeed.

From what you write here, you are into mature masseurs.  Rentmasseur IS your friend.  Although I have never looked for it, I believe there are choices in the 35 year+ segment,  A few masseurs, while solo practitioners at their own place, sometimes offer sessions at a parlor.   Is this guy too immature for you? I know he works out of a massage parlor:

Gay Massage & Male Masseur vipmomentsnyc in New York City, NY (rentmasseur.com)

I hope you will have a good time participating on this forum and wish you much success finding the masseur of your dreams!

Edited by BaronArtz