For clients seeking non-smokers, do you view vaping just as bad?

jusmeinbr

Just curious.  For clients who screen prospective providers seeking non-smokers, do you view the massive craze among younger folk toward vaping to be just as problematic for your own taste?

I ask because I recently hired a provider who responded "no" to smoking.  Then, after what was an otherwise gratifying session, he proceeded to vape in MY apartment without even asking if I minded.  I most certainly did mind and, furthermore, doing so violates the terms of my lease agreement!

Since I knew he would be gone within five minutes (which he was), I peacefully let him exit without knowing that he and I were done ever meeting again.  We used to meet regularly years ago, but he didn't vape back then.  I know he wondered how soon our next session would be and, while I didn't tell him why, I informed him soon after that meeting that I had no intention of rehiring him.

I also contacted Rentmen and asked if they could modify the question on "Smoking," to "Smoking/Vaping," especially given the exponential rise in vaping among the younger generation.  They responded that they would take my recommendation under advisement.

I'm just curious if others who have a strong preference for non-smoking providers may view vaping as equally unappealing, or for me, even worse than smoking.

Thanks.

Yes, I mind vaping.

When vaping was relatively new, a couple of co-workers near me started vaping.  I really wasn't paying attention to it, but after a while I started wondering why it so frequently smelled like an acrid cleaning solution was being used in the area.  It not only smelled bad but was bothering my eyes in a similar way as cigarette smoke, though obviously a lot less severely.  Fortunately the problem was nipped in the bud when management clarified to staff that the non-smoking ordinance also applied to vaping, meaning that people needed to go outside if they wanted to vape.

I honestly don't understand how someone can inhale that stuff and not realize it's toxic, but I guess if you're used to worse (tobacco and all of its additives) it doesn't seem so bad.

Thanks for all the feedback!  I disagree with it not smelling and, a minute after he left, I opened my rear patio door, placed a large powerful fan at the furtherest left, turned it on to the highest level and let the fan run for three hours (in mid-July with stifling heat so out went cool A/C air too).

As I indicated, as much as I detest smoking, I’ll take that over vaping for damn sure!

On 10/31/2023 at 12:30 PM, jusmeinbr said:

while I didn't tell him why, I informed him soon after that meeting that I had no intention of rehiring him.

Why didn’t you simply tell him what you feel about his vaping? If you used to meet him regularly, I assume a certain kind of intimacy-trust-friendship-relationship developed that might warrant an explanation. Just my opinion. 

22 hours ago, liubit said:

Why didn’t you simply tell him what you feel about his vaping? If you used to meet him regularly, I assume a certain kind of intimacy-trust-friendship-relationship developed that might warrant an explanation. Just my opinion. 

It’s very simple.  The mindset of me being “inferior” to my ideal match for this is CRITICAL for it to work for me.  I have zero interest in anal or kissing but VERY much enjoy spanking, feet worship, and rimming (all subservient acts) to a provider who can utter the right words of “superiority” as these acts transpire.  Once he commenced with the vaping act, that mindset was 100% T-totally DESTROYED, and there’s no way I’ll ever be able to get it back.

My ideal partner for this would have the preppy and clean-cut appearance and not have tattoos or more than minor ear piercings and be a non smoker.  Those types are practically nonexistent in the present market even though they were in big supply 20 years ago!

8 minutes ago, Coolwave35 said:

I equate them equally. A provider was blowing me recently and stopped to hit his vape. It killed it for me and I asked him to leave. 

At strip clubs I won’t go for lapdances with the guys sucking on the vape all night. It’s just a turn off for me. 

I agree. Although with cigarette smoke the issue is the lingering smell and taste of his breath or kiss.  With vaping, the issue is these kids are so addicted to it they stop in the middle of what they're doing to hit the vape.  I can only imagine the scenario of a masseur who stops the massage mid-hour to vape with one hand, but I'm sure I'll experience it someday soon if the vaping trend continues.

I've only encountered two providers who vaped after having sex with me. One was in Toronto 4 years ago and it was in my hotel room. I didn't know what to say, never having encountered it before. It didn't smell like cigarettes or anything much to me so I let it go.

The next time was this summer and it was one of two providers and we had just finished a threesome and one of them started to vape. It was the other provider's hotel room and he didn't object so I said nothing. I couldn't smell it though.