Madonna postpones Celebration World Tour

EZEtoGRU

Modonna's  Celebration World Tour will be postponed due to a bacterial infection and visit to the ICU over the weekend.  More details forthcoming.

230628155801-madonna-bacterial-infection
WWW.CNN.COM

Madonna is taking time to heal after a health scare, which will postpone at least some of her Celebration world tour that had been set to commence next month.

4 hours ago, LostUpstate said:

The article I read said that she became “unresponsive.” Could be cover-up by her P.R. team for too many prescription drugs. Never was a fan of her or her music. 

Exactly. You don’t suddenly become "unresponsive" from a bacterial infection.

Accidentally overdosing on Fentanyl?….yes. 

Bacterial infection?…yeah, no.

I love when stupid people try to concoct medical excuses….lol

On 6/30/2023 at 5:02 AM, LostUpstate said:

The article I read said that she became “unresponsive.” Could be cover-up by her P.R. team for too many prescription drugs.

It’s like the very common late 20th Century PR statement release: “Artist / Actor X checked into Cedar Sinai Hospital due to exhaustion.” 

I want to like Madonna.  I really do.  I feel oddly indebted to her for all the support she's given the community over the years.

But...  She's just so fucking joyless.  Her shows are packed to the hilt with beat-you-over-the-head social messages, but i f she'd stop trying so hard for just a second, she might actually allow her audience to have some fun.  I hope she can/does.

It's why my pop princess of choice has always been Kylie Minogue.  She's genuinely kind, doesn't take things too seriously, leans into the camp factor and puts on a superb production.

1 hour ago, nycman said:

For the record….overwhelming bacterial infection WAS the issue.

Not drugs.

Don’t ask me how I know. 

Well, that begs the question of how one gets an overwhelming bacterial infection. In my over 3 decades as a physician, I've never seen someone just get that out of the blue.