Happy Pride Month! Patt Robertson is dead!

José Soplanucas
Message added by rvwnsd,

Folks,

As a result of political commentary and personal attacks being posted, despite three moderator's warnings and having rules against posting such content, the moderators have decided to lock this thread.

Let's do a better job of keeping the political commentary and personal attacks out of The Company of Men. 

Thank you

4 hours ago, wsc said:

To imitate what Bette Davis said on learning of Joan Crawford's passing, speaking only good of the dead: Pat Robertson is dead. Good.

He was no friend of me or mine. He specialized in cloaking his hate in his religious point of view. (I don’t hate gay people, God hates gay people etc). Speaking only for myself: he will not be missed. 

Edited by FrankR

I can't bring myself to celebrate someone's death, and I find it very sad that someone could hold such hateful and ignorant beliefs for almost a century of life.  I can only imagine the damage he has done to so many people over the years.  If he is now standing before his maker I think he is realizing the horrible errors of his ways.  At least I would hope so, for his sake.  

13 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

...If he is now standing before his maker I think he is realizing the horrible errors of his ways....

If I believed in an afterlife, I'd believe he'd be standing before someone else:

Farewell to Pat Robertson, Enemy of Gays and Friend of Warlords – Skepchick

pat robertson enjoying his time in hell, greg | Stable Diffusion | OpenArt

Edited by Unicorn

8 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

I can't bring myself to celebrate someone's death, and I find it very sad that someone could hold such hateful and ignorant beliefs for almost a century of life.  I can only imagine the damage he has done to so many people over the years.  If he is now standing before his maker I think he is realizing the horrible errors of his ways.  At least I would hope so, for his sake.  

I can, and the ones I do it for deserve it.

Clarence Darrow said [although frequently wrongly attributed to Mark Twain] I have never wished anyone dead, but have read several obituaries with great satisfaction.

I have done both - for the likes of Falwell and Robertson - and will do so again for other figures of our day when they're laid to rest at Mar-a-Lardo or under the bluegrass of that old Kentucky home.

And as a Virginian, I am appalled and mystified that the Commonwealth was infected with both of these religious vermin, and breathe a little easier today in spite of our current Canadian Haze. 

Listening to the hateful and ignorant spewing's posted above reinforces the vile heads and hateful hearts of this horrible man and all his ilk.

1 hour ago, augustus said:

I have no particular interest in Pat Robertson but once again, I shake my head over the deep anger of some people in the community.  Lots of bitter, imperfect and miserable people here.  It will all come back at them!

Agree 1000%.

Despicable comments celebrating the death of someone with beliefs different than their own.
The hypocrisy of using such vile and odious comments towards someone they criticize for being ornery does not go unnoticed by fair minded people. 

haters gonna hate....

BoZo

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

2 hours ago, augustus said:

Apparently so many members can't take the high road.  Say all these hateful things and still claim to be oppressed? Rubbish. 

A bit hypocritical talking about taking the high road... after mocking the dead, disabled, POW, women menstruating, etc. has been applauded SO MANY times by cult followers. 

back to subject, he loved to punch down on others, demonizing our lifestyle choices while enriching himself. 

2 hours ago, augustus said:

Apparently so many members can't take the high road.  Say all these hateful things and still claim to be oppressed? Rubbish. 

1 hour ago, augustus said:

I have no particular interest in Pat Robertson but once again, I shake my head over the deep anger of some people in the community.  Lots of bitter, imperfect and miserable people here.  It will all come back at them!

Pat Robertson's vile acrimonious attacks extended well beyond the LGBTQ+ community, however, the LGBTQ+ community was one of his favorite "hunting grounds."  The following link reviews only some of it:  

pat-robertson.jpg?id=34004467&width=1200
WWW.ADVOCATE.COM

The televangelist, who died Thursday, had a long history of blaming LGBTQ+ people for everything bad, including 9/11.

Your stance against ill feelings towards the legacy of Pat Robertson is misplaced.

34 minutes ago, sync said:

Pat Robertson's vile acrimonious attacks extended well beyond the LGBTQ+ community, however, the LGBTQ+ community was one of his favorite "hunting grounds."  The following link reviews only some of it:  

pat-robertson.jpg?id=34004467&width=1200
WWW.ADVOCATE.COM

The televangelist, who died Thursday, had a long history of blaming LGBTQ+ people for everything bad, including 9/11.

Your stance against ill feelings towards the legacy of Pat Robertson is misplaced.

And the Advocate is your source?  There's a fair minded outlet that is certain to present a balanced approach.  lol.  Right? 

And as one reads the Advocate article, it cherry picks quotes, takes them out of context, and then surrounds the quote with biased, hateful opinion.

Pat Robertson was clearly not a supporter of gay rights. He was a mainstream Southern Baptist with conservative views based on Bible teachings. Unlike his detractors, Robertson was not a closed-minded idealogue. He supported the legalization of marijuana, back when it was not popular, especially in his circles. He also broke ranks with his fellow fundamentalists in 2008 by endorsing Rudy Giuliani, a gay rights proponent, pro-gun-control, pro-immigration Republican for President.

BoZo

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

4 minutes ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

And the Advocate is your source?  There's a fair minded outlet that is certain to present a balanced approach.  lol.  Right? 

And as one reads the Advocate article, it cherry picks quotes, takes them out of context, and then surrounds the quote with biased, hateful opinion.

Pat Robertson was clearly not a supporter of gay rights. He was a mainstream Southern Baptist with conservative views based on Bible teachings. Unlike his distractors, Robertson was not a closed-minded idealogue. He supported the legalization of marijuana, back when it was not popular, especially in his circles. He also broke ranks with his fellow fundamentalists in 2008 by endorsing Rudy Giuliani, a gay rights proponent, pro-gun-control, pro-immigration Republican for President.

BoZo

Nice try, but I'm old enough to remember his TV vitriolic diatribes.