Happy Pride Month! Patt Robertson is dead!

José Soplanucas
Message added by rvwnsd,

Folks,

As a result of political commentary and personal attacks being posted, despite three moderator's warnings and having rules against posting such content, the moderators have decided to lock this thread.

Let's do a better job of keeping the political commentary and personal attacks out of The Company of Men. 

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I'm genuinely dumbfounded because usually you're one of the more intelligent posters here

I am equally dumbfounded at that statement, as I have twice said very clearly: I HAVE ALWAYS IGNORED THE MAN. So why would I know what he said about gays ? I never took any interest in ANYTHING he said

For whatever reason, he never registered as important to my world.

I keep hearing about all these horrible comments about gays but no one seems to have shared one. Where are they / what are they  ?
So far he said they wear rings and they were somehow responsible for 9/11. I would be interested to understand the actual words and the context of the statement.

These bible-bashers are often full of shit. Nothing new there. The Southern Baptists ( which I assume he is associated with) are always Holier-than-thou.  What makes him special ?

37 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

I am equally dumbfounded at that statement, as I have twice said very clearly: I HAVE ALWAYS IGNORED THE MAN. So why would I know what he said about gays ? I never took any interest in ANYTHING he said

For whatever reason, he never registered as important to my world.

I keep hearing about all these horrible comments about gays but no one seems to have shared one. Where are they / what are they  ?
So far he said they wear rings and they were somehow responsible for 9/11. I would be interested to understand the actual words and the context of the statement.

These bible-bashers are often full of shit. Nothing new there. The Southern Baptists ( which I assume he is associated with) are always Holier-than-thou.  What makes him special ?

but you and your lifestyle was important to him and he kept you in his heart and mind 24/7. 

Edited by marylander1940

1 hour ago, marylander1940 said:

And how does that make your point any stronger by posting a  a clip from the podcast of the Young Turks?   
Though, If there is anyone that knows about hate, it is The Young Turks. They spew out more of it in 5 minutes than Pat Robertson did in a lifetime.

So now we have the Robertson haters backing up their lies and hyperbole by posting videos and articles from Trevor Noah, The Advocate and The Young Turks. It really doesn't get any more bizarre.

But as the old saying goes, you know you have lost the argument when you have to resort to posting silly memes and videos. Just look at the last 4 pages. It speaks for itself.

BoZo

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

31 minutes ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

And how does that make your point any stronger by posting a  a clip from the podcast of the Young Turks?   
Though, If there is anyone that knows about hate, it is The Young Turks. They spew out more of it in 5 minutes than Pat Robertson did in a lifetime.

So now we have the Robertson haters backing up their lies and hyperbole by posting videos and articles from Trevor Noah, The Advocate and The Young Turks. It really doesn't get any more bizarre.

But as the old saying goes, you know you have lost the argument when you have to resort to posting silly memes and videos. Just look at the last 4 pages. It speaks for itself.

BoZo

It was a video that included his own words.

I guess you missed the fact that he was anti-Semitic, right? 

Since when posting sources, facts, statements, arguments, and his own words was a sign of losing an argument? 

You know deep inside Pat Robertson hated we and our lifestyle, right? Considering he disliked out of wedlock sex and I doubt he thought paying for company was a religious behavior. 

Edited by marylander1940

36 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

I guess you missed the fact that he was anti-Semitic, right? 

"Over the decades, he led millions of his followers in supporting the Jewish state," 
"his warmth and steadfast friendship which stood the test of time and circumstance."

Benjamin Netanyahu on the death of Pat Robertson

https://www.israelhayom.com/2023/06/11/netanyahu-deeply-saddened-by-death-of-pat-robertson-a-great-friend-of-israel/

"Throughout his career Robertson has been a staunch supporter of Israel and has raised millions in funding, giving to dozens of pro-Israel projects and organizations throughout his career. In recognition of his steadfast support for the nation of Israel, Robertson received a Lifetime Achievement Award for Support of Israel in 2008 by the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. In July 2002, Robertson was presented with The State of Israel Friendship Award by the Chicago chapter of the Zionist Organization of America."

ISRAELALLIES.ORG

M. G. "Pat" Robertson has achieved national and international recognition as a religious broadcaster, philanthropist, educator, religious leader, businessman...

"Here's what the Bible says in Genesis, talking about Abraham," he said, "'I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families in the earth you shall be blessed.' Genesis 12:3 NKJV. Now, I think the Jews have been God's messengers. They have been entrusted with the oracles of God, and to see this rise of antisemitism which mirrors what was done in the Nazis... This is satanic."

pat-robertson.webp?w=1600&h=900&q=88&f=6
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

"If the United States of America stopped supporting Israel...if you listen to what [the squad] is saying, and if the Democratic Party swings in that direction, and if the...

Pat Robertson was one of the greatest friends of the Jewish people and the state of Israel in America. He received numerous awards from Jewish and pro-Israel groups for his steadfast support of the Jewish state.

Any more wild accusations you wanna hurl?

BoZo

11 minutes ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

"Over the decades, he led millions of his followers in supporting the Jewish state," 
"his warmth and steadfast friendship which stood the test of time and circumstance."

Benjamin Netanyahu on the death of Pat Robertson

https://www.israelhayom.com/2023/06/11/netanyahu-deeply-saddened-by-death-of-pat-robertson-a-great-friend-of-israel/

"Throughout his career Robertson has been a staunch supporter of Israel and has raised millions in funding, giving to dozens of pro-Israel projects and organizations throughout his career. In recognition of his steadfast support for the nation of Israel, Robertson received a Lifetime Achievement Award for Support of Israel in 2008 by the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. In July 2002, Robertson was presented with The State of Israel Friendship Award by the Chicago chapter of the Zionist Organization of America."

ISRAELALLIES.ORG

M. G. "Pat" Robertson has achieved national and international recognition as a religious broadcaster, philanthropist, educator, religious leader, businessman...

"Here's what the Bible says in Genesis, talking about Abraham," he said, "'I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families in the earth you shall be blessed.' Genesis 12:3 NKJV. Now, I think the Jews have been God's messengers. They have been entrusted with the oracles of God, and to see this rise of antisemitism which mirrors what was done in the Nazis... This is satanic."

pat-robertson.webp?w=1600&h=900&q=88&f=6
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

"If the United States of America stopped supporting Israel...if you listen to what [the squad] is saying, and if the Democratic Party swings in that direction, and if the...

Pat Robertson was one of the greatest friends of the Jewish people and the state of Israel in America. He received numerous awards from Jewish and pro-Israel groups for his steadfast support of the Jewish state.

Any more wild accusations you wanna hurl?

BoZo

Many anti-Semites have quoted him over the years...

Even if you truly think he never help the spread of anti-Semitic beliefs I guarantee you he never liked you and me because we're gay.

Going to have superb with friends, I'll get back to you later! 

giphy.gif

FyI0ya8WYAEbgUF?format=jpg&name=900x900

Pat-Robertson-YouTube.jpg
WWW.JNS.ORG

The televangelist spread absurd antisemitic libels. But he also loved the Jewish people and did more than anyone to secure U.S. support for Israel than many politicians.
GettyImages-74220070-scaled.jpg
FORWARD.COM

Televangelist Pat Robertson, who has died at 93, engaged with antisemitic tropes even while promulgating philosemitism.
eric-tauber-3.jpg
WWW.SDJEWISHWORLD.COM

By Eric George Tauber CINCINNATI, Ohio — Pat Robertson, the founder of CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network), has died at the age of 93. Why write about a...

Edited by marylander1940

• rvwnsd locked this topic