When the provider shows up in my social media...

alrajee

On 5/19/2023 at 6:52 PM, tassojunior said:

gotta say, following Colin Simpson's been a hoot this year with his fights with wife. Now that they're back he's deleting several but he kept me on one (he'll be back). It got viciously worse for four days then they made up next day. Of course that was April.....

Colin is one of my big crush. Definitely would love to have a taste :D

I'm more concerned that if Meta can easily match folks up and they (and google) freely give info to companies and governments through companies, how long before governments start coming after or banning from entrance to US clients as well as providers? CBP at airports is already banning through facial recognition men and women who have ever listed as providers as immoral. Why the guys are all putting their cellphone in front of their face on ads now or going headless. Imagine when one gets tagged as a client (ie: sexual predator in today's world.)

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not great at the tech aspects of socmed apps. 

Some contacts with whom I interacted show up spontaneously and the profile pic clues you in, but are “private” with option to request to follow. They may have a gazillion contacts and that seems counterintuitive. I assume they are always tied up vetting follow requests. I assume that these slipped past the ether firewalls into my suggestion feed. If they are not private, of course I looky look.

Group email remains the most popular  (ersatz?) social media platform for most of my longstanding connections.

I once joined a WhatsApp group. Very unwieldy even for a very circumscribed science topic.

Edited by SirBillybob

• 2 weeks later...

It's all harmless until your friend changes his handle to Monster Dick or his photo to a sexual one and he's sent to your friends as having you as a mutual friend. My family doesn't know why I know so many Czech bodybuilders.

Btw- Colin Simpson is back in the flesh market.