Montreal - last minute updates?

12is12

On 11/10/2023 at 6:31 PM, john4112nola said:

Expose has just announced on their Facebook page that they will be changing their name to Red Diamond.  They have also removed the elevated stage and replaced it with chairs.  They are trying to be a mix of a dance club/occasional dancer , upstairs privates will still be available.  Not sure how this will work out. 

image.png.e1e836a1638f5e050f96f3fbbdce9710.pngimage.png.a1d563bac981674a9d525a4fe55163d2.png

It's just a front, the whole business. So it's gonna be there regardless. 

There is important part of the GI Joe fire that people are ignoring. If you read the news report at the bottom it says this:   Three street corners away, police officers were also spotted in the evening Wednesday night at Sauna Oasis. An employee on site contacted us to inform us a dumpster fire had been extinguished before it spread. An investigation has reportedly been launched.

So the same night, another fire was started at the other bath house in the village. This can't be about a landlord trying to get someone out, or just an accident with a heater. This is nefarious. 

NEWS.DAYFR.COM

Trois personnes ont été blessées, dont une grièvement, dans un incendie survenu mercredi soir dans le bâtiment commercial où se trouve le sauna GI Joe, dans le Village...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 7:27 AM, muscmtl said:

I have good friend here in Montreal in the police. He tells me that most of the street gay beatings at 4 am are by hetero dancers at Campus.

He just got back from an international Police convention in San Diego and it turns out that this is very common, especially in the US.

So you know, giving money to straight muscle guys who hate f..gs, we'll trash talk you backstage, and might beat you up at 4:00 a.m.

Just saying

That sounds like a lot of baloney. They would be jeopardizing their gigs if they were recognized beating up their customers. And what customers hand around the streets at 4am, an hour after the bars are closed.

• 3 months later...

I was at Campus several months ago and had lapdances from 4 different dancers.  2 of them asked me if I wanted to go back to my hotel room.  This was my 2nd visit to Montreal and not sure of the rules so I turned them down.  While I was enjoying the club with my friends, I did see 2 of the strippers fully clothed and leaving with clients.  Is this normal at Campus?  Stockbar too?

29 minutes ago, specific25 said:

I was at Campus several months ago and had lapdances from 4 different dancers.  2 of them asked me if I wanted to go back to my hotel room.  This was my 2nd visit to Montreal and not sure of the rules so I turned them down.  While I was enjoying the club with my friends, I did see 2 of the strippers fully clothed and leaving with clients.  Is this normal at Campus?  Stockbar too?

not really, you prob should have taken the offer cause it may never happen again. It's not a brothel. Or just go on rent and look for certain dancers who may offer on there as well. 

Edited by gn233

9 hours ago, specific25 said:

It's always hard to say what's "normal" based on a few visits each year.  But I can say for sure that it's much more normal now than it was in the past.  Back then,  dancers were very wary about going back to the hotel with customers they didn't know well (and many just didn't do hotel privates, period).  Typically it would take multiple evenings of lap dances before the question would get a "yes".  (This is making me nostalgic about my first such experience...after asking and getting turned down on night 1,  suddenly on night 3 the dancer, without any prompting from me, told me he'd be willing to go back to my hotel.  When I asked what had changed, he said "now I know you.")

Nowadays,  I am often offered hotel visits by dancers I'm chatting with at the bar, even before we've done a private lap dance.

Edited by newatthis

On 2/27/2024 at 3:38 AM, specific25 said:

What night of the week was this on? Whether it was busy or not may have been a factor?

• 3 weeks later...

Thursday - Saturday will also be "Stock HARD" from May:

WWW.STOCKBARMONTREAL.COM

Enter a world of passion and desire with Stockbar's all-new STOCK HARD evenings, presented every Thursday, Friday and Saturday starting in May 2024. This new...

From the moment you walk through the doors of Stockbar, you are greeted by an electrifying ambiance, one loaded with promises of sensual pleasures to come. The Stockbar troupe in show offers you continuous performances that will transport you into a whirlwind of intoxicating sensations. You will be fascinated by solo, duo and even trio shower shows, where the raw beauty of naked bodies mixes with the grace and agility of movements.

But the surprises do not stop there. Prepare to be dazzled by a Flexing show, where the strength and flexibility of the dancers will leave you speechless. The stool events will invite you to explore the limits of sensuality, while the Fluo show will light up the dance floor with vibrant colors and hypnotic movements.

And of course, how can we forget the unmissable Jock Strap and Fleshjack competitions.

Edited by LD19847

It means little IMHO. If it’s going to be worthwhile in May it will already be good currently. I rarely bother to walk over even though when at home in Montreal I certainly don’t lack the time or financial resources. 

On 3/23/2024 at 5:59 PM, EZEtoGRU said:

Well I wonder what all this means?  I guess we'll have to wait and see.  So what happens on the other nights?  More drag is my prediction.

It's only a matter of time before it becomes the next Flash bar. Drag brings in much more money than strip now, it's just the way things are.

Hi, I am going to be in Montreal in mid-April.  Wondering if Stock Bar and Campus are still a good place to go for male strippers and lap dances.  I was going to go to either place on a Friday or Saturday night.  Looking for more muscular jock type guys.  any insights are appreciated.  Also, curious if it is like Adonis or Monster in NYC in terms of protocol for lap dances, etc. 

i am glad i was never too attached to Stock Bar, even tho, was my first stripper bar ever; i met this wonderful blond boy there, SB doesnt have that type of boy anymore. 

I will keep going to Campus since they have exactly what i am looking for. plus, i keep in touch with most of the dancers i like.  

i have reservations for June and July, i will report as alwasy but if Stock Bar is a drag bar, i will definitely skip that

3 hours ago, NYCguy123 said:

Hi, I am going to be in Montreal in mid-April.  Wondering if Stock Bar and Campus are still a good place to go for male strippers and lap dances.  I was going to go to either place on a Friday or Saturday night.  Looking for more muscular jock type guys.  any insights are appreciated.  Also, curious if it is like Adonis or Monster in NYC in terms of protocol for lap dances, etc. 

My most recent visits to Stock and Campus were in 2017, and Monster in New York City was in 2022.  They were very similar with the following noticeable differences:

1. Full nudity is allowed on stage in Montreal.  About half of the dancers get naked on stage, although maybe not until the end of their set.

2.  There wasn't an employee hosting the private lap dance area to explain the rules.  So ask the dancer in advance if you have questions.

3. Unlike Monster, there's no digital clock in private booth to keep track of time.  Until you're used to determining when one song ends and another begins, tell the dancer up front "let me know when we've reached 2 songs...or 3, 4, etc."

4.  Compared to my experiences in NYC, dancers at Campus and Stock tended to offer a little more in Montreal, especially after the 4th or 5th song.  I successfully brought several dancers (one at a time) back to my hotel room after asking around song #5.

5.  Because Montreal's clubs are open for longer hours than the stripper events in New York, there may be a shift change.  Several posters have commented on a change in dancers around 8 or 9 pm.  Keep that in mind if you visit early in the evening and don't see your type, you should try again later in the evening.

6.  About a third of the dancers spoke only French or otherwise very little English.  That's good enough for a dance, but makes it harder to discuss issues of the day.