411 Anthonydane NYC

Coolwave35
Message added by mike carey,

Gentlemen, a Moderator's Note to remind you that this is a thread about a provider. At the moment we have more posts here about the efficacy of PrEP than about him. There are other threads on PrEP (which have already canvassed most of the points raised here) so any further comments on that issue need to be posted in one of them.

https://rentmen.eu/AnthonyDane

I hired him Friday night. 

He was supposed to come at 1am after finishing a massage client. 

He got there at 2am. He left at 5am. 

I wouldn’t hire him again BUT! 

He came over after agreeing to what I wanted to do and neither of us had lube. 

It was now 3am and I was losing interest. He said he’d go on Grindr, see what friends were awake, and have them Uber lube to us. AND HE DID!!! 

It only took 20 minutes from when he signed on Grindr until the lube was at our door in a plastic bag. 

only in New York. 

15 minutes ago, Coolwave35 said:

It was now 3am and I was losing interest. He said he’d go on Grindr, see what friends were awake, and have them Uber lube to us. AND HE DID!!! 

It only took 20 minutes from when he signed on Grindr until the lube was at our door in a plastic bag. 

only in New York. 

Would make a great screenplay! 👏😁😂

1 hour ago, Coolwave35 said:

only in New York. 

Can I ask why you wouldn’t hire him again, apart from having showed up late? Sounds like he made amends & was accommodating.

1 hour ago, Brosnan said:

Can I ask why you wouldn’t hire him again, apart from having showed up late? Sounds like he made amends & was accommodating.

He was very late. He was unprepared. There was too much preliminary talking when I asked if we could get started several times, turning what should have been an hour into 3. It wasn’t the level of transactional I was expecting. His RM health status wasn’t updated and he didn’t share that until after. 

7 hours ago, Coolwave35 said:

He was very late. He was unprepared. There was too much preliminary talking when I asked if we could get started several times, turning what should have been an hour into 3. It wasn’t the level of transactional I was expecting. His RM health status wasn’t updated and he didn’t share that until after. 

Did he charge for 1 hour or 3?

9 hours ago, DWnyc said:

Did he charge for 1 hour or 3?

3, which was annoying. 

1 hour ago, BaronArtz said:

That would freak me out.  Care to elaborate?  

I hope you are OK.

Thank you. I don’t want to elaborate beyond what I’ve posted. I take prep and went to get a prescription for PEP but was told it wasn’t necessary because I haven’t missed doses. I do have to be celibate for a while which I’m not super pleased about. 

1 hour ago, nycman said:

It’s still incorrect.

I find that to be evil on a level that is hard to comprehend. 

He’s definitely not the only one among providers I’ve come across (not necessarily engaged). And I’ve likely missed others - it’s not an easy question to ask, while some handle it very professionally in tone (even then who knows if it’s accurate or they’re telling the truth) others can get extremely annoyed, convey they feel insulted etc.

The misrepresentation can’t be justified … but maybe there’s warped logic for them in their interpretation of “equivalence” of their actual status to that they list … in terms of public health implications.

And there’s the obvious point that they may lose some business based on people using that as a selection criteria.

(And I’m not singling out providers here - I think it occurs frequently in online hookup profiles as well).

2 hours ago, Coolwave35 said:

3, which was annoying. 

I have mixed feelings about this - it has happened to me frequently though perhaps not on this scale.

on the one hand we are donating for providers time - regardless of what goes on.

but there’s an element of liberty taking if choose to extend time (separate from if extra time is needed because of client choice or approval)

I try to clarify why we are going over whenever it happens and nip it in the bud when it’s clear there is expectation of extra $. happily there have been many occasions where we have gone over because the provider said something like “I have nothing else, let’s keep going” or “I’m enjoying this as well” or most graciously “we lost time because I did xyz so let me make it up to you” - but I don’t expect it to be the norm 

On the whole “neither of us had lube” - am I the only one wondering why the client didn’t don’t have any himself? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’ve had friends (both fellow hobbyists and non-hobbyists) say the same - “he didn’t have / didn’t bring lube / condoms”. As I have said to them, I say here:

As a sexual active man, you make sure they’re in your nightstand at home, and in your Dopp kit when you’re traveling. Period.

34 minutes ago, BtmBearDad said:

On the whole “neither of us had lube” - am I the only one wondering why the client didn’t don’t have any himself? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’ve had friends (both fellow hobbyists and non-hobbyists) say the same - “he didn’t have / didn’t bring lube / condoms”. As I have said to them, I say here:

As a sexual active man, you make sure they’re in your nightstand at home, and in your Dopp kit when you’re traveling. Period.

That’s a separate issue from assessing a providers professionalism on whether or not - for a premium product they are offering - they have taken care of the basics

I’d be fine if a provider texted as I was on my way (or he was on his way) and said “this is really embarrassing , but I’m  out of lube and don’t have time to go get more before you get here … could you bring some / do you have some?” - at least it would mean they had thought through the experience they were responsible for.

11 minutes ago, DWnyc said:

taken care of the basics

I purposefully did not address any other point in the OP’s post, as I think they were all valid reasons to decline another engagement. I remarked on the lack of lube contretemps as it is as you say, basic to the whole thing undertaking, I was shocked neither was prepared (tho to me, the his has the greater burden here). It shouldn’t be just down to the provider or the client. Both should always be prepared, period. As you said, this is a “premium service”, so as much as the provider needs to take care of basics, the client needs to confirm those basics are taken care of as well. 

This is probably the most “no brainer” part of this entire hobby, so it’s always amusing to me to read posts bemoaning providers for failing to bring, have, supply lube, condoms. It just boggles my mind that grown, adult men aren’t making sure themselves that these basics are taken care of, rather than relying on strangers to do so. 

22 hours ago, Coolwave35 said:

His health status wasn't updated? 

1 hour ago, BtmBearDad said:

It just boggles my mind that grown, adult men aren’t making sure themselves that these basics are taken care of, rather than relying on strangers to do so. 

For a hookup - yes I agree.

For a paid encounter with a provider I would expect the provider to have everything needed for what is mutually understood to be the experience. And yes the client should have back-up but failing that the hierarchy of responsibility is on the one who is paid.

I wouldn’t go see my doctor, lawyer, dentist etc expecting to have the same field knowledge in my brain or equipment they need for the appointment in my backpack.

8 hours ago, nycman said:

It’s still incorrect.

I find that to be evil on a level that is hard to comprehend. 

This is a fine example of why I just assume everyone is HIV positive and never fuck without condoms.  It's completely irresponsible behavior but you can't prevent this in other people, you can only control what you do to protect your health.

6 hours ago, BtmBearDad said:

As I was packing for my hotel stay in NYC, I grabbed my lube and it was sticky. I attempted to wash it and it felt into the sink I had just shaved in. Now it was sticky and covered in hair. I attempted to wash it and as I was doing so it opened. I was annoyed and said fuck it and threw it out.

I went to my sex room and as I was opening the nightstand remembered I have that, poppers and a doosh to my let early 20’s hook up. 

I then went looking for a fresh bottle. I didn’t have one so I said alright, I guess no fucking on this trip, I’ll just get head.  I wasn’t planning to fuck. I did buy a new brand Sunday morning from a sex shop in Chelsea. Hope that clarifies. 

5 hours ago, DWnyc said:

I’d be fine if a provider texted as I was on my way (or he was on his way) and said “this is really embarrassing , but I’m  out of lube and don’t have time to go get more before you get here … could you bring some / do you have some?” - at least it would mean they had thought through the experience they were responsible for.

And I would have used the THREE hours I waited from my initial text to track some down. one of my texts said “are you prepared to bottom.” And he said emphatically always. I get that could have been interpreted as “fresh”. I am more enthralled that he was able to get the lube so this issue is the least of my worries. 

2 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

This is a fine example of why I just assume everyone is HIV positive and never fuck without condoms.  It's completely irresponsible behavior but you can't prevent this in other people, you can only control what you do to protect your health.

I’m on prep and tested every three months. I now have to abstain from sexual activity for a month which sucks because I have a big trip planned for colombia in 5 weeks. 

On 2/12/2023 at 2:00 PM, Coolwave35 said:

Very "Waiting for Godot"😉