Clothing optional resorts with older/mature men (55+) in PSP/FTL/KWEST

howdyFolks

Hi - I want to make a trip to Palm Springs/Ft. Lauderdale/Key West soon and I am looking to stay in a gay clothing-optional resort, I prefer men 55+, s&p/silver/white hair, dad-bod/in-shape/belly etc.

I've never been to a CO resort before, so looking for some recommendations where older men frequent more often or if there are some specific events soon where older men will be in bigger attendance. Any suggestions? It can be in other places than these 3, but has to be in US.

Thanks!

I've stayed at or visited on day passes several different clothing optional resorts in all three locations.  I am approaching 60.  

In Palm Springs, I think you can pretty much be comfortable in any of the locations as long as you are picking the level of slutiness you are looking for.  For me, based on stories I've heard from others, All Worlds is probably too much about the hook up and I've not visited there.  

In Fort Lauderdale, I would recommend Cabanas or Pineapple Point and have stayed at each several times - room availability often dictating where I stay.  I've also heard good things about the Grand from friends over 50; however, I have not personally stayed there.  

In Key West, you should be fine at any location.  

Good luck in your exploration.

4 hours ago, howdyFolks said:

Hi - I want to make a trip to Palm Springs/Ft. Lauderdale/Key West soon and I am looking to stay in a gay clothing-optional resort, I prefer men 55+, s&p/silver/white hair, dad-bod/in-shape/belly etc.

I've never been to a CO resort before, so looking for some recommendations where older men frequent more often or if there are some specific events soon where older men will be in bigger attendance. Any suggestions? It can be in other places than these 3, but has to be in US.

Thanks!

I'll take Key West here...

Island House, Equator and New Orleans House are the only male-only B&B's left on the island.

Island House skews older, as their nightly rates have gotten quite high ($350+ night).  With that comes a nightly open bar, 24 hour restaurant, decent gym, steam/sauna, a large compound and lots of nooks and crannies to play in public.  

Equator is much smaller and seems to attract a younger crowd.

New Orleans House is basically sleeping at the gay bar.  I don't recommend it.

I didn't mention Alexander's, as it's now co-ed and not exclusively gay.  

I've been to Cathedral City Boys Club(CCBC) and will be staying there in April to attend my first spring gathering of this group. Like Palm Springs itself, it definitely skews older. In fact, I was initially amused by, but later came to have a certain level of respect, for an elderly gent who cruised the play area using a walker! 

I’m so confused by this topic as I’m heading to Palm Springs with my younger friend.  He seems to want to check out these clothing optional places.  I’m like, they all look like me.  50 something dad bods.   Plus they all look gross and dirty. 

Am I missing something?  Do I need to experience the maze?

31 minutes ago, Thelatin said:

I’m so confused by this topic as I’m heading to Palm Springs with my younger friend.  He seems to want to check out these clothing optional places.  I’m like, they all look like me.  50 something dad bods.   Plus they all look gross and dirty. 

There's a sleaze factor at play with many of these places. 

To be honest, you're either going to enjoy it or probably never go back. 

7 hours ago, sam.fitzpatrick said:

I've stayed at or visited on day passes several different clothing optional resorts in all three locations.  I am approach 60.  

In Palm Springs, I think you can pretty much be comfortable in any of the locations as long as you are picking the level of slutiness you are looking for.  For me, based on stories I've heard from others, All Worlds is probably too much about the hook up and I've not visited there.  

In Fort Lauderdale, I would recommend Cabanas or Pineapple Point and have stayed at each several times - room availability often dictating where I stay.  I've also heard good things about the Grand from friends over 50; however, I have not personally stayed there.  

In Key West, you should be fine at any location.  

Good luck in your exploration.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if my post was misunderstood, but I was looking for older folks in the places for cruising etc as I find older men more attractive. Based on few other comments here I might plan for PSP as that seems to be attractive older folks, same with online searches. I might look for some that have the day passes, perhaps local folks can then go? haha

3 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

I'll take Key West here...

Island House, Equator and New Orleans House are the only male-only B&B's left on the island.

Island House skews older, as their nightly rates have gotten quite high ($350+ night).  With that comes a nightly open bar, 24 hour restaurant, decent gym, steam/sauna, a large compound and lots of nooks and crannies to play in public.  

Equator is much smaller and seems to attract a younger crowd.

New Orleans House is basically sleeping at the gay bar.  I don't recommend it.

I didn't mention Alexander's, as it's now co-ed and not exclusively gay.  

Thanks for the info on Key West. Island House sounds like it might be the place to be. I might plan that for later in the year, based on the research and some comments here, PSP might be closer to what I am looking for.

2 hours ago, Snbrd said:

I've been to Cathedral City Boys Club(CCBC) and will be staying there in April to attend my first spring gathering of this group. Like Palm Springs itself, it definitely skews older. In fact, I was initially amused by, but later came to have a certain level of respect, for an elderly gent who cruised the play area using a walker! 

Hmm that didn't come up in my searches or I completely missed it, I will check it out for sure. Love that story about the gent with the walker ;)

Let's hope the, gross and dirty" reference was to the facilities. 😏

In a world full of trade-offs, don't over value new and fancy. I miss some of the older and randier venues of happy memory. Flamingoes in Provincetown and the guest rooms at the A-House would never have been featured in an issue of House Beautiful but they offered an (occasional?) alternative to the upscale places that now prevail. Their like will not be seen again. As our crowd ages out, and today's Fort Lauderdale gay resorts go straight, we'll be left with just memories and stories.

Inndulge in Palm Springs has a good mix of people and is a nice way to ease into clothing optional since it's basically around the pool.  Gay campgrounds that are exclusively men only are an affordable way to dip your toe in the water so to speak.  Most are very body positive and have a mix of people depending on the resort and are clothing optional through out the properties.

• 4 months later...
On 2/7/2023 at 6:49 PM, Thelatin said:

Well, you are the same guy who thinks that Pride parades are gross. Grain of salt and all that.

5 hours ago, Lucky said:

Well, you are the same guy who thinks that Pride parades are gross. Grain of salt and all that.

There’s a time and place for everything.  The Palm Springs activities were behind closed doors for adults only.   Not in the street.

On 2/7/2023 at 9:49 PM, Thelatin said:

Plus they all look gross and dirty. 

Tom Hanks Fancy GIF

I think you’re missing the whole point.

grin

To answer the question….

I’ve stayed at Island House in Key West. I agree that the price point is driving out the younger/cuter crowd. They used to have give always in other cities where younger guys would get the "less desirable" rooms for free. It was basically stocking the pond, so to speak. I always thought it was a smart business decision. The ages used to run 20’s-50’s. Not sure if that’s still true though. I haven’t been since before the pandemic. The rooms are very nice and at night the scene is very sleazy (in a good way). 

I’ve also stayed La Hacienda in Palm Springs. Not nearly as sexy as Island House. The rooms are huge and very nice, but a bit "sterile" for my taste. Beautiful but boring. There were several very attractive men in their 40’s-60’s staying there though. So it might be right up your alley. 

I’ve only seen the pool area and breakfast at INNdulge. It looked nice, clean, and fun. For the record, none of you whores (and I don’t mean just the professional ones) invited me to see your rooms…..grin. 

On 6/28/2023 at 8:00 AM, nycman said:

I’ve stayed at Island House in Key West. I agree that the price point is driving out the younger/cuter crowd. They used to have give always in other cities where younger guys would get the "less desirable" rooms for free. It was basically stocking the pond, so to speak. I always thought it was a smart business decision. The ages used to run 20’s-50’s. Not sure if that’s still true though. I haven’t been since before the pandemic. The rooms are very nice and at night the scene is very sleazy (in a good way).

Ah, those were the days.  The prime time of Island House.

Once John died (the former longtime owner), the property is now being run with bottom-line in mind and they haven't been putting in the needed money to keep the property looking fresh and clean.  The last time I visited, everything felt like it needed a good scrubbing.

Alexander's in Key West is now considered the 'luxury' LGBT property (as it's mixed, male and female).

Equator, across the street from Island House, had a fire about a year back and it was the cause for a much-needed renovation.  The property looks good, remains all-male and has the vibe of the old Island House without the grime.