Holiday sessions

garetheast

I wanted to see if providers considered it rude to ask whether they are available on holidays (Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas Eve and day, New Year’s Eve and day, etc.). Not everyone celebrates the same holidays and I don’t celebrate most of them. I’m happy to pay a premium for holiday services. I just don’t want to offend by asking if this is considered inappropriate. 

I don’t think it rude. As you say not everyone celebrates all these holidays. If I was asked about my availability on a holiday day I’d just say whether or not I was available, no offence taken.

I would say that most sex workers have a high threshold for offence taking so you’re safe asking this question. I’ve had lots of potentially more offensive questions than the one you’re asking, and I really don’t mind. I don’t assume to speak for everyone but I’d guess most are similar to me. 

I wouldn't think it rude to ask, if they have other plans they can decline.  The only thing I'd consider rude is to be difficult setting the time and place.  I can see some guys trying to get a session on some tight schedule or after some event that's likely to run late.  That's true normally, the holidays just makes it more so.

23 hours ago, garetheast said:

I wanted to see if providers considered it rude to ask whether they are available on holidays (Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas Eve and day, New Year’s Eve and day, etc.). Not everyone celebrates the same holidays and I don’t celebrate most of them. I’m happy to pay a premium for holiday services. I just don’t want to offend by asking if this is considered inappropriate. 

I work when customers want to see me.  If a customer wants to see me on Christmas Eve/Day then I'll meet them then.  Getting into this line of work I understand that it's not a 9-5 job but if I want to make money I need to be available when the customers want me.

Keenan

I’d guess Christmas day might be busy. There’s lots of people who are alone at Christmas and they might fancy some relaxation time. I’ve never seen a client on Christmas Day, and I think if I did I’d charge a big premium, because I’m with my family that day…..Oh…. wait….hmmm….actually I might do it free on Christmas Day 😂.

I’ve noticed that immediately after the Christmas period there is usually a spike in demand as people who have had enough of their family over the festive season desperately look for some ‘me time’. Always happy to see clients who need to escape for a bit, especially if they’ve built up a big load! 

1 hour ago, Jamie21 said:

I’d guess Christmas day might be busy. There’s lots of people who are alone at Christmas and they might fancy some relaxation time. I’ve never seen a client on Christmas Day, and I think if I did I’d charge a big premium, because I’m with my family that day…..Oh…. wait….hmmm….actually I might do it free on Christmas Day 😂.

I’ve noticed that immediately after the Christmas period there is usually a spike in demand as people who have had enough of their family over the festive season desperately look for some ‘me time’. Always happy to see clients who need to escape for a bit, especially if they’ve built up a big load! 

I agree with your assessment that there might be a post holiday surge.  I booked a massage on the way to the airport last year after several days visiting family. It felt so good to have some "me" time before getting on the plane home.  I can see that being a pretty common urge.

Edited by DynamicUno

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, socurious said:

Memorial day is coming and I was wondering if we providers get more busy during that time or not.

I typically see a boost on Memorial Day weekend. Most corporate employees in America get 6 paid holidays. Only 2 of those have a chance of being a 3 day weekend; Memorial Day being one. So many people take advantage and hire. 

on the flip side, one year my aunt died and  I had to go home Memorial Day weekend for the funeral. On the drive home I had to turn down about 7 appointments. 

On 12/21/2022 at 3:53 AM, garetheast said:

Its a business by the end of the day. One wouldnt stop sending work email on holidays - well receipient might not respond but email sent anw.

2 hours ago, DrownedBoy said:

As a client, I like hiring on long weekends, but that's me - and I'm not afraid to invite providers to my home.

Big fan of long weekend hiring esp for couple days trip out of city or state. Good for the soul, not so much for bank account lol

7 hours ago, Shawn Monroe said:

I typically see a boost on Memorial Day weekend. Most corporate employees in America get 6 paid holidays. Only 2 of those have a chance of being a 3 day weekend; Memorial Day being one. So many people take advantage and hire. 

on the flip side, one year my aunt died and  I had to go home Memorial Day weekend for the funeral. On the drive home I had to turn down about 7 appointments. 

Even if you travel? Because I will be in a less competitive city for this Memorial Day. I expect to book at least one client to help cover part of my expenses. I was just wondering. A lot of folks go on vacation. 

Backing away from Memorial Day in particular, this thread reminded me that on one desolate Christmas Day in DC, I was walking to a relative’s house late in the afternoon. Who should come jogging down the sidewalk but Mike Gaite. So, asking if someone is available and even traveling on a holiday, you maybe surprised who might respond.

On 5/18/2024 at 7:11 PM, socurious said:

Even if you travel? Because I will be in a less competitive city for this Memorial Day. I expect to book at least one client to help cover part of my expenses. I was just wondering. A lot of folks go on vacation. 

Well two things

1) I started my career in Oklahoma of all places. And the same rules apply there that apply anywhere. 
2) this is why I typically don’t travel for work for holidays - a lot of people are ALSO traveling and it leads to uncertainty. But if you must it might work out. 

I don’t know why it would ever be rude to ask a service provider if they are available, same as you would ask a consultant or landscaper or plumber or any other IC-type profession.  

You can ask rudely but that is a different matter.  

It miiiight be a good idea to schedule ahead if you want to meet on a major holiday (Xmas/Thanksgiving/NY).

Personally, I wonder if there were any providers who were hired to appear under the tree on Christmas morning.

On 5/17/2024 at 11:58 PM, socurious said:

Memorial day is coming and I was wondering if we providers get more busy during that time or not.

With the major influx of visitors cities get for Memorial Day weekend I can easily see why providers get a boost. Last minute tax fliers as well will have tax refunds to spend.

On 5/21/2024 at 1:49 PM, Shawn Monroe said:

Well two things

1) I started my career in Oklahoma of all places. And the same rules apply there that apply anywhere. 
2) this is why I typically don’t travel for work for holidays - a lot of people are ALSO traveling and it leads to uncertainty. But if you must it might work out. 

…Oklahoma seems a different market than it used to be that’s for sure. 

I’m debating if I want to travel this Memorial weekend, however last year I was in Houston and Dallas for two days each, but it was so quiet and most people were either out of town or had plans. So yeah, I feel sometimes these holidays are better to stay local however…I’m tired of waiting around for bookings in my current location. 

If I go anywhere, it will definitely be a less competitive city this time. 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut