Do you think current controversies with the transgender movement are making being gay more socially acceptable?

caramelsub

Well, we asked posters to avoid a certain tangent in discussing this topic. I'm now adding discussion of drug use which I hadn't seen coming, and I've hidden a few posts that went down that tangent. This doesn't mean going off topic in ways that haven't been mentioned yet is okay.  OK? Discussing pizza is fine!

8 hours ago, mike carey said:

Well, we asked posters to avoid a certain tangent in discussing this topic. I'm now adding discussion of drug use which I hadn't seen coming, and I've hidden a few posts that went down that tangent. This doesn't mean going off topic in ways that haven't been mentioned yet is okay.  OK? Discussing pizza is fine!

I love a drop of sense of humor in the admins' reminders.

On 6/6/2023 at 9:36 PM, Unicorn said:

There's a huge difference between being gay and trans. I liked to play with my sister's Ken doll as a young-un, but I definitely never wanted tits. Interestingly, some trans are also gay or Lesbian. I've hired gay trans men who've definitely orgasmed from my fucking them, and, of course, there's the famously Lesbian Caitlyn Jenner. 

Free Moving Ken | Vintage barbie dolls, Barbie dolls, Beautiful barbie dolls

I do not want this thread to die; it is a meaningful conversation. Let's try to stay on topic.

No one is saying that gay and trans are the same or trying to erase differences. When we advocate for joining the fight for trans rights, we are not blurring diversity (by saying we are the same) but embracing and celebrating diversity (by saying our fight is the same).

Perhaps one of the oldest principles of political strategy is that your enemy's enemies are your friends. I have no doubts that the entire LGBTQ+ collective should be united now. 

On 6/11/2023 at 8:32 AM, José Soplanucas said:

Perhaps one of the oldest principles of political strategy is that your enemy's enemies are your friends. I have no doubts that the entire LGBTQ+ collective should be united now. 

And I will point out that strategy backfired when the gays tried this with the blacks back in the 90s.

Not every social justice movement is compatible.

As much as I might agree that ones heart is in the right place when you want to want to help every disenfranchised group....but.... when you have your own battle to fight, on-boarding a bigger problem is going to negatively impact your own mission.

You can support Transgender rights without making it your own battle. ( Which is my personal position in the matter ). I don't need MY civil rights dragged into a battle over where a cross-dresser can pee.

• Cooper locked this topic