Justin Bieber Paralyzed

Lucky

When he canceled several shows this week for health reasons, it was unclear what the specific problem is. Now Bieber himself reveals that his face is paralyzed on the right side, precluding him from performing.

Excerpt:

“I wanted to update you guys on what’s been going on. Obviously, as you can probably see from my face, I have, a, this syndrome called Ramsay Hunt syndrome and it is from this virus that attacks the nerve in my ear and my facial nerves and has caused my face to have paralysis,” the pop star, 28, said in an Instagram video posted Friday. 

Apparently he can work his way out of this with therapy. Here's hoping.

justin-bieber-face-paralyzed-disorder_10

Edited by Lucky

I have no interest in Bieber and his girlfriend du jour and his nudes and what-have-you......

but this little Instagram he posted seems remarkably sincere and open......good for him for this.....

and that seems to be a badass closet he's in.....see how high that ceiling is??.....and the little display shelving for the shirts or whatever those are!!.....nice!

Edited by azdr0710

A British expert on the news tonight said the condition is brought on by an activation of the dormant chickenpox virus which can also cause shingles. If it occurs in the area of the ear hearing can be affected and paralysis in the face can occur. Treatment includes steroids. He said around 75 percent recover fully. 

So cause for concern obviously. He seems to be young to have this happen. Shingles tends to appear in middle to late middle age to most people I know who have contracted it.