Gung Hay Fat Choi

Lucky

Happy Chinese New Year! i note that we can now use short foreign phrases, so it's often written Gung Hay Fat Choi, although that, I am told, is a Cantonese version.

https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/special-report/chinese-new-year/happy-new-year-in-chinese.htm

Edited by Lucky
hei hay

Happy New Year~!😃 Good fortune in front of you as you move forward. Good family to the left of you to cheer you on. Good friends to the right of you to walk with and a pillow behind you tied to tour butt as the future pushes you into the new year~ 😛🥰 

Jai Sun WuKong~! 
 (Jai means Victory in Hindi and Sun WuKong is the Monkey King found in many Asian Cultures… depicted as Hunaman in India). The Pussy Cat is Dr. willful Baggins Michael “Buffins” Temujin “push-pins” panda cat Jackson… and he is always good luck~)

89DF1315-34AA-4DC0-AF61-16309032D466.jpeg

9C6E808F-0082-47E2-8FB9-D247C6C13B36.jpeg

D81AB44E-7E51-4022-8253-50E79D890F4E.jpeg

89EEAA70-4FD1-49B1-A4EB-11709BDE6715.jpeg

Edited by Tygerscent

I had no idea what that meant! 😂 

I love the Chinese zodiac myth story. It’s a shame more westerners don’t delve into eastern history and lore. So rich…Just last night I watched a YouTube documentary about cats in Japan down through the ages. So fascinating…and different from my own experience. 

• 11 months later...

Sunday the 22d is Chinese New Year, this year the Year of the Rabbit. You may have seen the hordes of Chinese people taking trains to the provinces to meet up with family. Family is a big part of a good new year. I have celebrated Chinese New Year for decades as the hubby is Chinese. We try to do a family dinner, but always have a big spread on the day before as it is New Year's Eve.

This year the LA Chinatown will be holding a parade and we hope to be there on October 28th in the afternoon.

New York parade is January 29th as is Chicago's. Seattle and Vancouver will also have parades.

image.jpg

th?id=OIP.U3mdTTi3t95r0esYYfRSQQAAAA%26p

Edited by Lucky
sp

Yes, we're leaving Vietnam today, just in time to avoidTết or the Vietnamese new year. As they say in Vietnam, Chúc mừng năm mới! We got to see all of the preparations for the festival without having to suffer the crowds and prices during the first week of the new year....

On 1/20/2023 at 10:52 PM, Unicorn said:

Yes, we're leaving Vietnam today, just in time to avoidTết or the Vietnamese new year. As they say in Vietnam, Chúc mừng năm mới! We got to see all of the preparations for the festival without having to suffer the crowds and prices during the first week of the new year....

I don't remember much about 1969  tet

Perhaps that's when Martha Raye  entertained  in a fishnets factory

On 1/20/2023 at 10:52 PM, Unicorn said:

Have fun! Apparently, most Asians observe a similar zodiac as the Chinese, but in Vietnam, this is the year of the Cat as opposed to the Rabbit. Apparently, in the race to determine the zodiac order or animals, the cat pushed the rabbit out of the race... Interestingly, the Vietnamese also eat bitter melon at this time of year to signify that bitterness has passed and happy times ahead. Whereas, the Chinese would only eat auspicious foods and anything bitter would be shunned. 

• 1 year later...

Happy Chinese New Year!
Wishing you a prosperous and fulfilling New Year ahead. May the dragon's wisdom and bravery inspire you to achieve your dreams this year. May the year of the dragon bring you happiness and success.

The dragon is the only animal on the Chinese zodiac that is a mythical creature. In Chinese culture, dragons symbolize good luck, strength and power. They control the weather and water.

Chinese New Year 2024: Year of the Wood Dragon horoscope predictions for all 12 zodiac signs. Pic Credit: Freepik

BTC