Nureyev

friendofsheila
This topic is 832 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's interesting that his tastes ran to late 19th century renditions of the male nude as opposed to classical Greek or Roman art. Like his taste in furniture was of a similar or a bit later period. 

I remember Architectural Digest did a piece on his home on the Greek isles. Similar eccentric tastes there except I recall lots of dark tiles.

Edited by Luv2play

On 1/23/2022 at 6:45 AM, Whitman said:

Nureyev was an avid collector of lots of things--paintings, sculpture, textiles, carpets and much more--including a large collection of portraits of male nudes. You can see some of these portraits in pictures (from the 1980s) of one of the rooms of his Paris apartment ...

sc01aea237.jpg

sc01ad9ac4.jpg

Thank you, Whitman.  I can see where someone would think he collected butts after seeing this.

4 hours ago, MscleLovr said:

I have no opinion on your preference @WilliamM but Nureyev certainly had an impressive cock. I encountered him naked, twice in a sauna (once in London, once in Paris).

I never saw Nureyev naked, but saw him dance several times in long roles at Lincoln Center in New York. Circa 1970s 

Edited by WilliamM

I only saw him dance a couple of times. (Baryshnikov was my favourite, “must-see” dancer)

I spoke to Nureyev in the sauna, just ’small talk’, but he seemed happy to engage. Strangely both times, he was sitting alone. He had a good body and was well-hung so I didn’t understand why he wasn’t approached more.

6 hours ago, MscleLovr said:

I only saw him dance a couple of times. (Baryshnikov was my favourite, “must-see” dancer)

I spoke to Nureyev in the sauna, just ’small talk’, but he seemed happy to engage. Strangely both times, he was sitting alone. He had a good body and was well-hung so I didn’t understand why he wasn’t approached more.

I danced with Nureyev once, though not exactly "on stage": it was at a disco in London. He seemed to be alone there, too. Others obviously recognized him, but I think they were nervous about approaching him, whereas I had already started dancing with him before I realized who it was. He just smiled after we stopped, but he didn't speak.

I’ve seen the portraits that Jamie Wyeth has done of Nureyev.  The nudes do show him largely endowed. The Kemper Art Museum in KC did a huge show of these portraits.  Amazing works.

There is a play based on the friendship of Wyeth and Nureyev that out of his sitting for the portraits.

https://mfastpete.org/exh/jamie-wyeths-portraits-rudolf-nureyev-images-dancer-brandywine-river-museum-art/

On 1/28/2022 at 11:26 AM, Charlie said:

I danced with Nureyev once, though not exactly "on stage": it was at a disco in London. He seemed to be alone there, too. Others obviously recognized him, but I think they were nervous about approaching him, whereas I had already started dancing with him before I realized who it was. He just smiled after we stopped, but he didn't speak.

How many people can say they danced with Nureyev? What were his moves like on the dance floor as opposed to the stage?

10 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

All male ballet butts are of extraordinary proportion and symmetry. No doubt Nureyev included. His choosing art featuring the male posterior at a point when he wasn’t seeing the real thing in class and rehearsal anymore seems normal. 

I've been to bed with two classically trained male ballet dancers and can attest to their firm muscular butts. 

Even as a bottom, I luv such butts.

1 hour ago, Luv2play said:

I would hazard a guess they were admiring Nureyev and envious of you.😁

Don’t be so sure. 

Towards the end, Nureyev was pretty tired and a well known habitué of the grungier corners of gay society. 

They may have been thinking…."who’s the cute kid dancing with the worn-out ballerina?"

Things are not always as they seem….especially in retrospect.

31 minutes ago, nycman said:

Don’t be so sure. 

Towards the end, Nureyev was pretty tired and a well known habitué of the grungier corners of gay society. 

They may have been thinking…."who’s the cute kid dancing with the worn-out ballerina?"

Things are not always as they seem….especially in retrospect.

When I responded to Charlie's post, I was thinking that the scene in a London disco happened sometime before Nureyev's decline towards the end of his life.