Is John Travolta about to come out of the closet?

marylander1940
This topic is 769 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

4 hours ago, Unicorn said:

How can one know that someone isn't having any sex?

Correct.

I can't KNOW that.

What I do know is that his non-disclosure agreement deals a lot with not discussing their sex life. ( Or lack-thereof ). Story goes that he grew up with an abusive mother and older sisters and has some serious emotional baggage about sex. That comes from more than one reliable source Whether he's ever diddled with a dude....I can't know. But I've yet to hear a reputable source speak of it.

8 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Correct.

I can't KNOW that.

What I do know is that his non-disclosure agreement deals a lot with not discussing their sex life. ( Or lack-thereof ). ...

Well, if a man doesn't want to have sex with his (apparently attractive) wives, I see two possible explanations. One is that he doesn't want to have sex with anyone. The other, more likely in my opinion, is that he prefers sex with another gender. Scientology's hostility to homosexuality complicates matters. 

19 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Well, if a man doesn't want to have sex with his (apparently attractive) wives, I see two possible explanations. One is that he doesn't want to have sex with anyone. The other, more likely in my opinion, is that he prefers sex with another gender. Scientology's hostility to homosexuality complicates matters. 

You are not alone in your speculation about Cruise's possible homosexuality. The problem in that theory is there are no legitimate accounts of trysts ( unlike the many accounts of John Travolta getting frisky with attractive masseurs).

Edited by pubic_assistance

6 hours ago, BSR said:

Can you actually "come out" if the whole world already knows you're gay?

That depends on what you characterise 'the whole world' knowing to actually mean. Mostly, the whole world doesn't know (it's not the whole world anyway, it's the developed Anglosphere and some others), it usually just suspects. More broadly, I'd say you can come out regardless of how widely your sexuality is or is suspected to be. If you choose to come out you have a target audience you are thinking about, no matter how large or small that audience may be. I've heard it said that you have to come out again every time you meet someone.

2 hours ago, mike carey said:

That depends on what you characterise 'the whole world' knowing to actually mean. Mostly, the whole world doesn't know (it's not the whole world anyway, it's the developed Anglosphere and some others), it usually just suspects. More broadly, I'd say you can come out regardless of how widely your sexuality is or is suspected to be. If you choose to come out you have a target audience you are thinking about, no matter how large or small that audience may be. I've heard it said that you have to come out again every time you meet someone.

It was meant as a joke.  But if you don't know Brian Boitano, you won't get it.

16 minutes ago, BSR said:

It was meant as a  joke.  But if you don't know Brian Boitano, you won't get it.

I don't know him, so that is an explanation, but there is an inherent joke in asking if yo can reveal something that is already revealed. But even if it's a joke it still poses a serious question. Perhaps a question I didn't need to answer.

6 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

You must be a lot of fun at a party .

No...a joke is a joke

It was funny

It's only serious if you make it so ...

I get the joke, less so perhaps than if I'd known who BSR was talking about. And yes, a joke is a joke. I didn't say it wasn't funny, I simply said that there was a serious point there as well. As I said above, the serious point might have been one best not commented on.

And yeah, at a party I'm boring AF, a complete Debbie Downer, as a number of people on the forum can attest!

12 hours ago, mike carey said:

I don't know him, so that is an explanation, but there is an inherent joke in asking if yo can reveal something that is already revealed. But even if it's a joke it still poses a serious question. Perhaps a question I didn't need to answer.

Here is a clip of a Brian Boitano interview.  Before hitting play, you might want to put a lead apron over your gaydar just in case.

Edited by BSR
Wording

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2022 at 3:17 PM, marylander1940 said:

Is John Travolta about to come out of the closet?

Not yet, but...

John Travolta is ready to “Grease” the landing. among other things?!?!?

The “Saturday Night Fever” star revealed via Instagram on Sunday that he upped his aeronautical credentials and is now licensed to fly a 737 airplane.

“A very proud moment in my aviation history,” Travolta, 68, said in a video.

“To add to my 747 and 707 licenses, I just received my 737 license, and it went very well, so just sharing my moment with you.”

Travolta’s famous friends were quick to congratulate him on his achievement in the comments section, with Mötley Crüe rocker Tommy Lee writing, “Ata boy captain.”

“So very cool,” added Donnie Wahlberg.” 

Travolta, who learned how to fly a plane when he was just 15 years old, received his first pilot license in 1978.

He owns at least seven planes including a Boeing 707, Bombardier Challenger 601, Boeing 727 and three Gulfstream jets.  Not a bad outcome for a sweathog!

Aviation has always served as an escape for Travolta, who even has a private runway for his planes at home in Florida.

“Aviation has always bailed me out of anything in my mind that is blue,” Travolta told CBS News in 2008. “I can look through an airline schedule and brochure and cheer up.”

Additionally, Travolta has been an ambassador for Qantas since 2002.

He regularly celebrates “National Aviation Day” by sharing selfies – taken from 30,000 feet up – with his 3.8 million followers.

image.thumb.png.f42f152ae68c5afeec9fc5b71e16217c.png

image.thumb.png.30dde730290670651e01ee05083cdd59.png

He should've embraced his baldness years ago; he looks great!

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

I knew a publicist’s ass’t in the early 80’s who was a regular event beard for Travolta, and she knew that he was into men. (And vice versa…) He fathered children over a span of years which qualifies him as bi, I guess.
I do get suspicious when a stunning/smart/talented/funny male star reaches mid30’s with no significant other.  For a straight famous man, relationships (dating, traveling, canoodling, engagement, marriage and family) in any form, with women are never bad PR, so long as there are no police reports. Does not have to be serious, but nothing??

Ricky Martin, from a culture that prizes machismo, objectification of women, and big families if you can afford them, he arrived for backstage for benefits and shows with a couple pretty but unclingy girls, and a very handsome polite male posse. It was his choice to keep under wraps til safe for him, but things like that are clues. Straight stars will always show off tail they’re actually getting…

Travolta likes guys?

So sue me.

Nothing wrong with that.

I just watched the movie Sweet Smell of Success which points out to be mindful of underlying agendas of entertainment news.

So I don't get too worked up about these stories about Travolta, Hammer and so on.

I do have empathy when there is pain caused by it.

Edited by OCClient

How many women has Travolta been linked with vs how many men?  I think he might be bisexual, but he sure seems to "round up to gay." given you never hear about affairs with women. At least one of his kids were in vitro IIRC...

He could be homosexual and heteroromantic even.

2 hours ago, sniper said:

He could be homosexual and heteroromantic even.

There's a lot of gray area in human sexuality.

I wish people would stop looking for a box to check and just accept that people don't always fit into a box.

Seems like Travolta has the money and experience to follow whatever pathway(s) work for him.

I know LOTS of men who LOVE their wife, but still like a little dirty fuck on the side. Women tend to be less jealous when their husband is banging a bro, than when he's off with another woman. So...yeah if you need a box to stick that in...hetero-romantic and homosexual fun time, is far more common than most people realize.