Goodbye Betty White better known to younger folks as Rose Nylund! The last of the Golden Girls!

marylander1940

• marylander1940 changed the title to Goodbye Betty White better known to younger folks as Rose Nylund! The last of the Golden Girls!

"If a couple has been together all that time – and there are gay relationships that are more solid than some heterosexual ones – I think it's fine if they want to get married. I don't know how people can get so anti-something. Mind your own business, take care of your affairs, and don't worry about other people so much".

A terrific actress, a fantastic comedian, and an all around good person.  She was larger than life and never let it go to her head. 

I will sincerely cherish all of the laughs she’s given me over the years. 

And I know there’s going to be one hell of a reunion party in heaven tonight. 

3E7BB943-9FB5-4632-AD0C-65692C9681F8.jpeg

1 hour ago, jgoo said:

There was to be a 100 Year's Young - A Birthday Celebration on January 17 in theaters.  I suppose it will now be a Life Celebration instead.  She was one hell of a broad.  Sad for her passing but happy for her long well lived life.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/Betty-White-100-Years-Young

It seems to be a well known fact that many people pass close to their birthday.  I surely thought Betty would reach her 100th milestone especially that she was in good shape for her age.  One never knows when our number is up.  RIP Betty, a truly special lady who remained humbled throughout her remarkable career.  😇

As a kid, regular trips to family in Long Island always included a day-trip into the city. Saw a taping of Password and got autographs at the stage door as she left with her husband. She was beyond gracious and talked to us for longer than necessary. She’s been a constant presence in my life til today, and I love that she had no doubt about how loved she was! 

Betty White wasn't just a nice lady.  People know about her work for humane treatment of animals, but maybe because it was back in the 1950s and 60s, we've forgotten what a trailblazer she was.  Her production company was female led.  Bandy Productions produced her first TV shoe "Life with Elizabeth" when she was only 28.   She was also a supporter of the LGBTAQ+ community even back in the 70s. 

We were very lucky to have her.

2 hours ago, Redwine56 said:

It seems to be a well known fact that many people pass close to their birthday.  I surely thought Betty would reach her 100th milestone especially that she was in good shape for her age.  One never knows when our number is up.  RIP Betty, a truly special lady who remained humbled throughout her remarkable career.  😇

Prince Philip also died at 99 just 2 or so months before his 100th.

4 hours ago, RadioRob said:

A terrific actress, a fantastic comedian, and an all around good person.  She was larger than life and never let it go to her head. 

I will sincerely cherish all of the laughs she’s given me over the years. 

And I know there’s going to be one hell of a reunion party in heaven tonight. 

3E7BB943-9FB5-4632-AD0C-65692C9681F8.jpeg

Am I the only one who wonders if Rue McClanahan fudged her age? She did not look 10+ years younger than her costars....