House of Gucci

samhexum
This topic is 850 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It’s horrible. Everybody’s just ACTING in capital letters. I didn’t believe for any second these people are real Italians . Just American and English actors with bad wigs and ridiculous accents doing SNL type impersonations. I’ll be very insulted if I was Italian. Jared Leto is the worst!

1 hour ago, tchm said:

It’s horrible. Everybody’s just ACTING in capital letters. I didn’t believe for any second these people are real Italians . Just American and English actors with bad wigs and ridiculous accents doing SNL type impersonations. I’ll be very insulted if I was Italian. Jared Leto is the worst!

The funny thing is Lady GaGa is of Italian ancestry. 

14 hours ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

I just came here to find out what level of scenery chewing Pacino was doing in this film.

Like, are we talking a low-level simmer Heat kind of thing or was he going full tilt Devil's Advocate.

He didn’t just chew. He masticated. At least, in those movies, there was a semblance of character development. Here, it’s just Pacino doing that Pacino thing.

I can only imagine what Martin Scorsese or even Baz Luhrman (Gatsby) could have done with this story. It is a very rich intriguing story.

Edited by tchm

Accents were only a problem because audiences today are more realistically inclined so you either shoot the movie in Italian (all the characters are Italian so clearly they would speak Italian to each other, or you shoot in English with no accent). My main issue with the movie is that it's just bad and super boring: the 2 main characters are pretty despicable with no true motivation for most of their actions. I thought Gaga was actually good as was Adam Driver, considering. No idea what Paolo Gucci was like in real life but I can't imagine he was as grotesque and dumb as Jared Leto made him out to be. Thought Pacino was just phoning it in. Just a pointless film with nothing interesting to say and not even entertaining. Other than that it was great 😜

a good film that gave me positive emotions after watching and made me reconsider my goals in life. I think this movie is worth seeing for everyone. don't worry, you don't need to buy movie tickets to watch this movie. you can watch this movie at home with your family on 123movies.net. I am sure that this is the best solution during the quarantine period

Edited by vasilievnaaaa

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe "Chris" and I were among the few that liked it. "Chris" is a bit of a fashion aficionado, so maybe that's why he liked it so much. He thinks Gaga should get an Oscar nomination. Before we watched the movie, we'd only seen the previews. From the previews, he said "We should see it! Jared Leto's acting is really transformative!". I answered "You can say that again. He looks just like Adam Driver!". 😜