"Studly" actors that you wouldn't look twice at.

Merboy

I know I'll get some heat for this one but I never saw the fascination with Channing Tatum.  Magic Mike was a good movie but when you put Channing next to Joe.....really....there is no comparison.  Don't get me wrong...Channing has a cuteness to him but when he was made to be People's sexiest man alive I didn't understand why.  He just looks average, Joe on the other hand is strikingly good looking.  If Channing walks into a room I wouldn't do a backwards glance, but if Joe walked into a room.....damn.....

channing tatum mike GIFchanning tatum funny movie GIFfeel better joe manganiello GIF by chuber channel

On 7/31/2021 at 10:50 PM, Merboy said:

Who is marketed as breathtakingly gorgeous and hunky when you absolutely have zero interest in their physical appearance?

For me, it's a lot.

Ryan Gosling, Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise, George Clooney... none of them are attractive to me.

And yet who's more attractive?  Someone like Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

style-2012-08-joseph-gordon-levitt-jgl-c

Not at all considered one of Hollywood's sexiest hunks but gorgeous imo.  I'd rather go out with him than Ryan Gosling.

Agreed: Enjoy lovingly so many things about JGL~

Edited by Tygerscent

19 hours ago, rustyrex said:

I know I'll get some heat for this one but I never saw the fascination with Channing Tatum.  Magic Mike was a good movie but when you put Channing next to Joe.....really....there is no comparison.  Don't get me wrong...Channing has a cuteness to him but when he was made to be People's sexiest man alive I didn't understand why.  He just looks average, Joe on the other hand is strikingly good looking.  If Channing walks into a room I wouldn't do a backwards glance, but if Joe walked into a room.....damn.....

channing tatum mike GIFchanning tatum funny movie GIFfeel better joe manganiello GIF by chuber channel

This just goes to show that we all have our tastes.  I'd take Channing before Joe, and I'd take Alex Pettyfer before either of them. And I'd definitely throw them all aside for Matt Bomer (was he in the first Magic Mike, or just the sequel?)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by maninsoma

I find Ryan Gosling and Tom Cruise facially attractive but I'm not wild about their builds.  I'm more of a body guy than a face guy so that rules them out for me. I think George Clooney is one of the best-looking men ever.  I have a mental list of celebrities I would like to have lunch with and George Clooney is right at the top.

21 hours ago, maninsoma said:

And I'd definitely throw them all aside for Matt Bomer

I agree. My brief encounter with MB was this…

Just over 3 years ago, at a film festival screening of “Papi Chulo”, I’d chosen seats in the first row but to the side where 4 seats were separated. The other two seats were empty but just as the lights dimmed, Matt Bomer came through the exit door and sat next to us. I was shocked that in reality MB is much better looking than he seems to be on film. 

Brenton Thwaites, who plays Dick Grayson on "Titans".  Very attractive face and he does a respectable number of shirtless scenes, on paper he checks all my boxes but in reality, just doesn't do it for me.  Curran Walters, who plays Jason Todd, and Joshua Orpin, on the other hand...damn.  

On 8/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, maninsoma said:

Jason Momoa after his Baywatch days.  I don't get the appeal at all. 

Joe Manganiello after he grew his hair out.

Yes, I hate long hair on men, particularly if they also have scruffy beards. 

Both of these men exhibit a primal authentic masculinity that is not manufactured. Alot of gay men seem to gravitate to performative masculinity like body hair or men in leather dressed as a hells angels. I must say i couldnt disagree more about Jason n Joe.

Edited by studchaser

On 2/6/2022 at 7:36 AM, maninsoma said:

This just goes to show that we all have our tastes.  I'd take Channing before Joe, and I'd take Alex Pettyfer before either of them. And I'd definitely throw them all aside for Matt Bomer (was he in the first Magic Mike, or just the sequel?)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Lol your list is mine in reverse. Matt Bomer can go. Alex is meh. Channing is good looking. Joe M is everything!!!!!!

8 hours ago, studchaser said:

Both of these men exhibit a orimal authentic masculinity that is not manufactured. Alot of gay men seem to gravitate to performative masculinity like body hair or men in leather dressed as a hells angels. I must say i couldnt disagree more about Jason n Joe.

I like Joe, but the appeal of Jason Momoa escapes me entirely.  To me, he looks like he literally smells. And not in a good way.

20 hours ago, Boink said:

I like Joe, but the appeal of Jason Momoa escapes me entirely.  To me, he looks like he literally smells. And not in a good way.

Jason Momoa in 2022 is a bit past peak. However Jason Momoa in Game of Thrones is everything!!!! He has been thru a divorce recently abd has let himself go. No one loojs their best when depressed overweight and unkempt. But that doesnt erase what he looked like at his best. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 11:23 PM, xyz48B said:

I doubt I’ll ever, in my lifetime, be afforded the opportunity to meet Keanu Reeves in person.

He was goodlooking in the first Matrix. I’ll say that.

Keanu performed with the band Dog Star in small bars. I saw him twice in Philadelphia, here it wasn't a gay bar. He is a shy guy, who didn't talk to anyone. But stunning looking

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, caramelsub said:

So many actors keep coming to mind. I never found Ashton Kutcher to be attractive. Also Tom Holland, Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds.

Different strokes, as they say.

Even though I'm annoyed that YouTube keeps serving up Ryan Reynolds' cell phone company ads to me, I never tire of looking at Ryan Reynolds.

8 hours ago, caramelsub said:

So many actors keep coming to mind. I never found Ashton Kutcher to be attractive. Also Tom Holland, Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds.

I've got to disagree on Tom Holland.  Totally not my type, but something about him.  Maybe him saying he wanted a nude scene in Spider-Man, or Jacob Batalon's comment when they were rooming that Tom was often naked at home.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:23 PM, xyz48B said:

I doubt I’ll ever, in my lifetime, be afforded the opportunity to meet Keanu Reeves in person.

He was goodlooking in the first Matrix. I’ll say that.

When I was an FO on the S80 (waaaay back when), we had Reeves on a flight to Nashville once.  I think he was touring with his band and he was scruffy looking as hell.  I don't think I recognized him right off, but the captain did.  As he got off the plane, the CA asked him why didn't sit in first, and Reeves said something to the effect that he wouldn't unless his whole band was sitting there.  He did come off as a normal Joe kinda guy.

A guy doesn't have to be "handsome" for me to think he's totally hot.  I thought Jason Momoa was over the top hot in Game of Thrones.  Ryan Gosling is forgettable. Chris Pine, totally forgettable.  I never liked Johnny Depp.  Tom Cruise is facially attractive, but that build - he should never appear shirtless.  Chris Helmsworth is not bad facially, but again, the build is a liability. 

My current fave is a Spanish star - Miguel Angel Silvestre - he's the male lead in a Spanish series we've been binge-watching on Netflix called "Velvet." 

Different strokes for different folks.

So many comments here that are the mirror image of my own tastes. Complete upside down likes and dislikes lists.

Matt Bomer is probably the first person who comes to mind when you ask what Hollywood A-lister is a mystery to me.

Does absolutely nothing for me. Yet he comes up as the super hottie on other's lists.

Beauty is, indeed in the eye of the beholder

53 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Matt Bomer is probably the first person who comes to mind when you ask.…Does absolutely nothing for me.

Interesting. My partner and I met him one evening in London (pre-pandemic so 2018?).

We were both a little shocked that he’s even better-looking in person than on film. He kept his clothes on all evening, but he moves well and looks to have a very nice body.