"Studly" actors that you wouldn't look twice at.

Merboy

2 hours ago, MscleLovr said:

We were both a little shocked that he’s even better-looking in person than on film. He kept his clothes on all evening, but he moves well and looks to have a very nice body. 

The camera is funny that way. Living in NYC, in the Greenwich Village neighborhood, I see celebrities all the time...and yes. It's weird how some look so plain in person (Sarah Jessica Parker , Gwenyth Paltrow) and others sparkle even brighter than they do in film  (Orlando Bloom, Charlie Carver)

Women are helped greatly by makeup.  I notice both of your "sparkly" celebrities are men and both the ordinary-looking ones are women.  Post-pandemic, I have noticed quite a few women going without makeup and lots of others wearing less.  Maybe women are realizing they don't need to paint themselves up beyond recognition.   And I read recently that the mask-like look women achieve from foundation  is on the way out  and a more natural look is taking its place.

38 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

Women are helped greatly by makeup.  I notice both of your "sparkly" celebrities are men and both the ordinary-looking ones are women. 

A good point for sure

Since both these women live and/or have lived around the corner from me, I probably have more opportunity to catch them without makeup. Both of them are quite plain ( even rather ugly in the case of Sarah Jessica) without their hair and make up.

3 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

A good point for sure

Since both these women live and/or have lived around the corner from me, I probably have more opportunity to catch them without makeup. Both of them are quite plain ( even rather ugly in the case of Sarah Jessica) without their hair and make up.

I have seen photos of Gwyneth Paltrow without makeup . She's unrecognizable.

50 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

I have seen photos of Gwyneth Paltrow without makeup . She's unrecognizable.

Same for Sarah Jessica.

I was literally sitting next to her in a restaurant and until her husband  (Matthew Broderick) arrived to their table I wouldn't have recognized her. (I used to see Matthew all the time when they had the dog...some him I know.)

On 9/8/2022 at 1:32 PM, pubic_assistance said:

The camera is funny that way. Living in NYC, in the Greenwich Village neighborhood, I see celebrities all the time...and yes. It's weird how some look so plain in person (Sarah Jessica Parker , Gwenyth Paltrow) and others sparkle even brighter than they do in film  (Orlando Bloom, Charlie Carver)

I have seen Keanu Reeves in person twice, but I was checking out his butt not his face.