Introducing Achivevements

RadioRob
This topic is 946 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

With the newest version of Invision Community that was applied this morning, there is a new feature that replaces ranks with what is called Achievements.  

As you perform certain types of activities on the site, you earn "points".  These build on the old rank system where points can be awarded for more things than just new posts.  

An example of points being awarded:

• Content Item Followed = 2 points
  • Following a Member = 2 points
  • Node (forum, album, etc) Followed = 2 points
  • Content Item Posted = 10 points
  • Comment/Reply Posted = 5 points
  • Reaction Given = 1 point (for person given and a separate point for the person recieving)

Based on the number of points that are received, this determines a person's "rank".

Rank

• Newbie = 0 points
  • Rookie = 40 points
  • Apprentice = 90 points
  • Explorer = 185 points
  • Contributor = 250 points
  • Enthusiast = 400 points
  • Collaborator = 800 points
  • Community Regular = 1,300 points
  • Rising Star = 1,950 points
  • Proficient = 2,600 points
  • Experienced = 3,900 points
  • Mentor = 5,200 points
  • Veteran = 9,100 points
  • Grand Master = 13,000 points

Achievements

Outside of ranks, when certain activities happen, the system will recognize it and award a badge noting it as a personal milestone.  We can define new badges, but some of the default ones that exist include:

• First Post - 1 comment/reply
  • Collaborator - 10 comments/replies
  • Posting Machine - 500 comments/replies
  • Well Followed - 10 people follow you
  • Conversation Starter - 1 new topic posted
  • Reacting Well - 5 new reactions received
  • Very Popular - 100 new reactions received
  • One Week Done - Been a member of the site for 7 days
  • Dedicated - Signed into the site for 7 consecutive days
  • One Month Later - Been a member of the site for 30 days
  • One Year In - Been a member of the site for 365 days

The system is in the process of calculating everyone's ranks, achievements, points, etc.  There are literally hundreds of millions of records to process.  It's about 2% done, so everyone can enjoy being a newbie for a bit.  The ranks will work themselves out as it parses everything.  :)

EDIT:

While the system is regenerating this info, ranks and achievements have been set to hide during the recount.  They'll automatically display again as soon as the counting finishes! 

Just now, HotWhiteThirties said:

@RadioRob, appears it must also reduce, recalculate, alter, or calculate differently what was "positive reaction" points as well? It's not a big deal, but I noticed mine changed. I assume others did as well. 

Reaction points did not change from this morning.  It's been the same since we moved to IPB.  

Like, Thanks, Haha, and Applause are considered "positive" reactions and are worth 1 reaction point.  All other reactions (verbose, sad, confused) are considered neutral and do not add or subtract reaction points.  

Since moving to IPB, we have not had any reactions assign negative points.  

5 minutes ago, lonely_john said:

Then @jjkrkwoodwon't like it.

@marylander1940@jjkrkwoodand @WilliamM now make up our top 3.  

Remember...  the system is counting oldest to newest, so those that have more of their content later will move more as the counting completes.  This isn't the 2000 election, it's playing out more like the 2020 election.  

15 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

Remember...  the system is counting oldest to newest, so those that have more of their content later will move more as the counting completes.  This isn't the 2000 election, it's playing out more like the 2020 election.  

You have completed lost me here.

We aren't in competition

37 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

Reaction points did not change from this morning.  It's been the same since we moved to IPB.  

Like, Thanks, Haha, and Applause are considered "positive" reactions and are worth 1 reaction point.  All other reactions (verbose, sad, confused) are considered neutral and do not add or subtract reaction points.  

Since moving to IPB, we have not had any reactions assign negative points.  

Mine did. I had over 800. Again, it's not a huge deal, but it did reduce mine and I noticed. I know, and I hate to even acknowledge knowing this, but it was more than twice what my comment contributions had been. Had been that way for a long time, so when I checked that to be sure, that's how I knew it changed. 

I hate I even brought it up. Just was trying to figure out what all was going on and I noticed that change. 

Edited by HotWhiteThirties

24 minutes ago, HotWhiteThirties said:

Mine did. I had over 800. Again, it's not a huge deal, but it did reduce mine and I noticed. I know, and I hate to even acknowledge knowing this, but it was more than twice what my comment contributions had been. Had been that way for a long time, so when I checked that to be sure, that's how I knew it changed. 

I hate I even brought it up. Just was trying to figure out what all was going on and I noticed that change. 

Your reputation score is different than the achievement points.  I just checked and even had the system actually recount your score for you.  I show it as 700 with 402 posts.  You can see exactly how this was calculated from your profile page:

https://www.companyofmen.org/profile/3337-hotwhitethirties/reputation/

You'll see how many of each reaction you've received.  As you click through each of the various types of content (topics, posts, status updates, etc), you'll see the exact what triggered each individual scoring decision.  

If there was a different number listed before, it was inaccurate so I apologize if there was a misunderstanding.  

45 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

Hun you missed the point. It's an inside joke 😆

1 minute ago, easygoingpal said:

@RadioRob can we cash in the points when it ends tallying the count?  I would like to get a hot man for the night with all my points...  Would that be possible?  🙃

If that is the case, I'm manually adding a million points to my own score!!  We've got some hot guys here I would not kick out of my bed for eating crackers.  

29 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

Your reputation score is different than the achievement points.  I just checked and even had the system actually recount your score for you.  I show it as 700 with 402 posts.  You can see exactly how this was calculated from your profile page:

https://www.companyofmen.org/profile/3337-hotwhitethirties/reputation/

You'll see how many of each reaction you've received.  As you click through each of the various types of content (topics, posts, status updates, etc), you'll see the exact what triggered each individual scoring decision.  

If there was a different number listed before, it was inaccurate so I apologize if there was a misunderstanding.  

No apologies necessary and it was consistent with the previous positive post reactions of the previous site prior to conversion, so it wasn't inaccurate.  It was consistent with those numbers. It changed today after the update. 

Don't worry anymore about it. Like I said, I regret bringing it up. 

Thanks for all you do, @RadioRob!!! All love here! 

Edited by HotWhiteThirties

The rebuild has completed and the new achievements and ranks are showing.

On any post you view, you'll notice the a person's rank next to their avatar.  

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 1.53.11 AM.png

In addition, if you click your own name on the upper-right side of the screen, it will show your own rank info.

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 1.50.31 AM.png

If you hover over anyone's name such as on a mention (@RadioRob) or the online list, you'll see their profile card with details.

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 1.50.59 AM.png

Finally if you view a profile page itself (such as https://www.companyofmen.org/profile/3085-radiorob/) you will see details there as well.

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 1.52.30 AM.png

There is no special benefits that come from achievements.  @WilliamM put it best...  "We aren't in a competition."  This is not meant to encourage people to spam the forums or do anything other than what you would do as part of your normal visit.  This is simply a fun way to recognize some of you who spend way too much time here with us.  Thank you all for your contributions and participation!