RIP Guy Fawkes/daddy

Cooper

5 hours ago, mature_guy said:

Yes, Hooboy then Daddy.  Both fine gentlemen in their own ways, but a lack of planning put the future of the site in jeopardy twice, when they both died unexpectedly.  I'm glad that RadioRob and crew have made the future of the site more secure.

Ah ok. Thanks for clarifying. Since it was named "Daddy's Reviews" I always assumed that Daddy had created it. In any case I am grateful to both men and grateful for RadioRob and the crew. Can't wait to see what the new website looks like

It has been a year yet impossibly, only a year.  Nothing has changed and everything has changed on the site and in the world.  Thanks to the hard work of those who have kept this site going, we are still able to fill our days with discussions of life and sex, men and sex, politics and sex, sports and sex, entertainment and sex and of course, sex and sex.  But the overarching soul of this site is the members keeping each other strong and supported and connected.  That is the foundation that was set up by Hooboy and built upon by Daddy and now carefully maintained and modernized by RadioRob and his trusted advisors and moderators.  

This site keeps me less lonely.  This site has provided friends and lovers, laughs and tears and an anchor I can count on in turbulent seas.  Here I feel free to discuss honestly topics which I would otherwise censor.  Here I can argue in the politics section, lust in the galleries and share humor and heartache and life experiences in a unique outlet Here I can be seen and heard in a manner in which I cannot be in other portions of my life.  

Thank you to all that make this site the perfect accompaniment for a morning pick me up,  an afternoon delight or a relaxing evening cocktale.   I know in the upcoming weeks some of us, who likely would be strangers to each other, faceless and nameless scurrying by unseen, will meet and raise a toast to the man who brought most of us together and kept us together with the sheer force of his determination to do so.  We will stand in the shade of a tree planted in his honor and we will laugh and exchange stories and remember while we make new memories together.   

I would feel that my life was a success if I were to leave such a legacy.   My sincere hope is to emulate that accomplishment.  

Edited by purplekow

12 hours ago, coriolis888 said:

How do you define "wealthy businessman"?

That's actually a great question.  "Wealth" is not always about money.  You leave the world the same way you came into it...  without any sort of worldly possessions.  Now what you CAN leave with is love and respect.  Those are two things Daddy had in spades.  So he left this world very wealthy in what really mattered. 

Many businessmen when they leave are not able to say that they've touched the lives of thousands of people around the world.  They cannot say that thousands of people loved him dearly and miss him no longer being here.  That was absolutely not the case for Daddy.

As a result... I'll always remember him as wealthy.  

Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear this. I did not know him personally, but feel very grateful to him for having started this site, and giving so much for a place where we can all safely explore our lifestyles and discover more! Thank you so much Guy/Fawkes, rest in sweet peace!😇💖

On 3/26/2022 at 6:44 PM, former lurker said:

My sense was that Hooboy didn't need or take money from the site.

He might not have needed it, but he was incredibly savvy in making the site profitable from nearly the beginning.  The costs associated with running the site back then were astronomical, mostly bandwidth related. 

The original M4M was a well-run business that made a tidy monthly profit.

3 hours ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

He might not have needed it, but he was incredibly savvy in making the site profitable from nearly the beginning.  The costs associated with running the site back then were astronomical, mostly bandwidth related. 

The original M4M was a well-run business that made a tidy monthly profit.

Hooboy ran the site effieciently.  Reviews posted 7 days a week by 6 am EST.  Any deviation was usually due to acts of god as in a tsunami and loss of internet connection.  There were no lengthy breaks without explanation or an announced duration. 

27 minutes ago, former lurker said:

Hooboy ran the site effieciently.  Reviews posted 7 days a week by 6 am EST.  Any deviation was usually due to acts of god as in a tsunami and loss of internet connection.  There were no lengthy breaks without explanation or an announced duration. 

And that he did it while traveling the world was what was most impressive.

He chose hotels specifically for their internet connections.  Always cable modems.  I remember being with him one night when the internet went down at a Knightsbridge hotel and we quickly moved to a reliable connection in Earls Court so that he could make sure the site was updated.

On 3/26/2022 at 4:44 PM, former lurker said:

I'm assuming Cariolis is writing about Hooboy.  I think his background was in radio, but others no doubt know more.  My sense was that Hooboy didn't need or take money from the site.

No, I was writing about Guys Fawkes in response to a post by another forum member.  

• 2 months later...

I have taken a break from Daddy’s for several years now, mainly for financial reasons, and tonight I just decided to check it out again. I was so saddened to learn of the passing of Daddy. He meant so much to so many.

Daddy’s Reviews helped me, a retired fairly successful businessman who was a shy as I could be when it comes to dating, at least have “Boyfriend Experiences.” It helped build my confidence and reduce my shyness (somewhat). I am indebted to both Hooboy and to Daddy.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As we approach the 3rd anniversary of Daddy's passing, I want to acknowledge the great work on behalf of a small team of volunteers who keep this community active and thriving!  The days and weeks following daddy's death were fraught with uncertainty - and this community nearly perished.   This community pulled together and found our way through - got access to the site code, migrated the site to new technology, and developed a new support structure.  We even came up with a new name for our community!  While every volunteers' contributions are valued, I wanted to especially acknowledge @RadioRob our tireless webmaster.   He does his work with no fanfare, no drama and almost no downtime; and he seeks no recognition.   @RadioRob we are grateful!     ....CompanyOfMen 

RIP Daddy

image.gif.1ffbfd5c50f20d6295385a5a250b5406.gif