Favourite Clothing Brands

orville
This topic is 803 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For gifts, i usually get something personal that they may like or need, like Bose noise-canceling headphones for an upcoming trip. Or Vilebrequin shorts for a tropical jaunt.

For clothes, usually I get them Burberry sweaters or an Hermes tie. Those are safe choices and everyone loves them. For those I don't really know well, just nice underwear.

The ones I really like, I take them out for a nice long kaiseki dinner.

Vilebrequin swim shorts are very civilized. I own a pair.

My preferred hyper masculine top loooovees his Gucci, I guess because it's something bougie he can show off to his peers? Jordan shoes are always good for guys in their 20s, if he loves watching a particular sport, maybe some merch from his favorite team?

Gay boys like us wear Jordans? Really?

when I read this thoughts went immediately to a classic piece.

A great blazer or jacket that he can wear for year, something that would look great with jeans or casual pants, and can be dressed up for something more business like or formal.

Maybe a really good leather jacket.

Maybe some great accessories like a Hermes belt or a great pair of handmade shoes.

Depends on the guy and what you want to achieve with the gift.

I do like the suggestions of sexy wear, maybe a nice harness or leather jock strap, sorry that’s my fetish thoughts coming to the fore

I’ve bought providers nice Frye boots, always USA or Italian made. I’ve also bought Tumi backpacks with their monogram, in addition to leather or bead bracelets.

Frye boots!! I'd love to receive a pair of those... and I'm not great at receiving gifts ?

Take him shopping. Let him choose what he likes, so you know brands for the next guy.

This sounds like a quality idea ? That is, if he likes to shop

when I read this thoughts went immediately to a classic piece.

A great blazer or jacket that he can wear for year, something that would look great with jeans or casual pants, and can be dressed up for something more business like or formal.

Maybe some great accessories like a Hermes belt or a great pair of handmade shoes.

Depends on the guy and what you want to achieve with the gift.

I do like the suggestions of sexy wear, maybe a nice harness or leather jock strap, sorry that’s my fetish thoughts coming to the fore

A blazer may seem a wardrobe stable to me and members of the forum, but is it for a 20y old?

And please don't buy him the hideous Hermes belt with the H buckle.

Thanks for the great advice @westernsyd

I have actually looked at leather jackets on https://www.massimodutti.com/us/home-men.html as suggested by @JoeMendoza

It will be either that or several pieces like shirts and pants.

He likes leather but he's a total top and conservative, so the idea of a harness is not very appealing to him. ?

Gay boys like us wear Jordans? Really?

I own several limited Jordans and at least one of my regulars is a sneakerhead, also my guys tend to be on the younger side, so maybe that's where the confusion lies? Also 2 of them are athletes of sorts (competitive bodybuilders) so probably more fixated on the sports gear stuff...

The "Depends on what his style and interests are" advice is definitely the right one, while a more "aspiration" fixated guy might be blown away by a Hermes Tie or a Burberry coat, a Circuit Party guy would much prefer the harness or a bright colored thong/jock, I know my guys and I know what's gonna ellicit a "Boy opening up exactly what he asked for XMas" type of reaction and gratitude...

Edited by OrBlanc

I read a couple suggestions on shoes or boots. I'd stay away on that. I wear a 10 1/2 in most brands but in Nike I got to wear 11 1/2 because they run small. Then I had to buy wide fit on this new style of Nike shoe because the basic width felt so tight. It's just way too hard to buy shoes for someone unless you are buying the exact same kind as what they already have. Just would hate for you to give them a great pair of shoes and then they don't fit right.

I read a couple suggestions on shoes or boots. I'd stay away on that. I wear a 10 1/2 in most brands but in Nike I got to wear 11 1/2 because they run small. Then I had to buy wide fit on this new style of Nike shoe because the basic width felt so tight. It's just way too hard to buy shoes for someone unless you are buying the exact same kind as what they already have. Just would hate for you to give them a great pair of shoes and then they don't fit right.

I stopped at 10.5 ?;)

If he works out, maybe Lululemon and ON sneakers. For jeans, you can’t go wrong with J Brand, SMH Studios or Citizens of Humanity. I’ve bought providers nice Frye boots, always USA or Italian made. I’ve also bought Tumi backpacks with their monogram, in addition to leather or bead bracelets.

I have a pair of Frye lace-up boots that are simply the nicest footwear I have ever owned

• 2 months later...

Buy him protein or a yearly gym subscription lol he’d love that, but fashion is different for everybody, buy him something you would like him to use next time you meet him i don’t know maybe at a restaurant, or something you’d like him to use if you take him on vacation, you know? something like that