"A mission to create joyful breakfast moments for everyone"

azdr0710
This topic is 1191 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

PepsiCo/Quaker Oats has announced the new name for Aunt Jemima, which it said it would retire last June.....

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/brand-formerly-known-aunt-jemima-reveals-new-name-n1257206

https://www.pepsico.com/news/press-release/aunt-jemima-rebrands-as-pearl-milling-company02092021

210209-pearl-milling-company-aunt-jemima-rebrand-ac-731p_44590ca29702eee8080e82ea42c75772.fit-360w.jpg

Edited by azdr0710

While I do agree with retiring Aunt Jemima, the new and reimagined packaging is uninspired and boring. There is nothing about it that would make me choose it on the shelf. Clearly they need a new design team ?

It's the same as the current Aunt Jemima packaging. My guess is they kept the exciting, enticing packaging as a way to ease in the brand and then will redesign it later.

It's the same as the current Aunt Jemima packaging. My guess is they kept the exciting, enticing packaging as a way to ease in the brand and then will redesign it later.

Why make us wait - if it is new and exciting let's see it? Give us what what we want!

Same thing when it comes to song writers taking too damn long in getting to the catchy chorus. Give us what we want! ?

Quakers, as in Quaker Oats

They got their brand name on the assumption that Quakers were vegetarians who ate oatmeal rather than meat for breakfast, and the brand symbol was a white farmer in a flat round broadrimmed hat that was supposed to be a sign of the "plain" people. It came out of the same symbol-generating advertising machine as Aunt Jemima and her do-rag.

It would be churlish to suggest that these brands celebrate a puritanism that has been abandoned save for occasional bursts of moral indignation, and a racism that has been abandoned in rhetoric if not in reality. Lest anyone challenge me, we haven't had the former but still suffer the latter.