What do you regret most in your life?

7829V
This topic is 1182 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not giving 'Bruno Mars' $100,000 like this mensa member did:

A 63-year-old Texas woman was bilked out of $100,000 by a catfishing con who convinced her she was dating Bruno Mars, authorities said this week.

Chinwendu Azuonwu allegedly posed as the “Uptown Funk” singer on Instagram and seduced the woman, before leading her to believe he needed help with touring expenses, ABC30 reported.

The victim told police she created an account on the social media platform in 2018, in search of companionship, when someone claiming to be Mars contacted her.

Between September and October of that year, the catfisher sent the woman several texts and photos of the 35-year-old Grammy-winner while he was on tour, prosecutors said.

Court documents state that the woman fell in love with the person she believed to be Mars, adding that he’d even promised he would quit his current tour to be with her.

Then, the scammer began requesting money from the woman, first asking her for a $10,000 check for a “friend of the band” for “tour expenses,” the filings state.

Two days later, he allegedly hit her up for funds again, this time asking for $90,000.

Each of the amounts were deposited into two separate accounts, held by Azuonwu and an alleged accomplice, authorities said.

Azuonwu was taken into custody this week and charged with third-degree felony money laundering.

His bail was set at $30,000 during a court hearing in Harris County Tuesday.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should ask, as I just checked that book out of the library.

Well, enjoy the read. You will find out why this book, released after his death, I think in 1964, left many of his old friends feeling chagrined. He was quite nasty writing about them.

In particular, he ran down the Murphy’s, who had befriended him when he was a struggling writer. When Mary Hemingway tried to get back Hemingway’s letters to them after his death, Murphy’s widow refused.

I think for me would be trying to be the “perfect kid”. Always perfect grades. Always trying to be strong (not showing much emotions) and pleasing everyone. Not putting myself first.

I think it would have been better to relax a bit and enjoy my childhood / teen years a little more. But no complains. I’ve had a really good life. :)

You sound like me lol

For me, my biggest regret is not traveling more when younger and seeing the world. I envy those who have traveled extensively and experienced different cultures. Growing up in a blue-collar, lower middle-class home, travel and vacations were never on the table. There was no discretionary income for those sorts of "luxuries." When you're struggling to keep a roof over your family's head and food on the table, the idea of spending money to go somewhere was considered wasteful. That thinking gets ingrained in your own mind and it takes a while to de-program yourself from it.

I didn't take my first plane trip until I was 27 years old. Even as an adult, when I traveled on my own dime my parents still thought vacations were wasteful. Although I've traveled some in the States and Canada, I still haven't made it to Europe, Asia, or Australia. Sadly, with the exception of visiting family at the Jersey shore two hours away, neither of my parents ever experienced a real vacation.

My second biggest regret occurred in 2010 when I had my finger on the trigger to purchase 1,000 shares of Netflix at $8.79. It closed on Friday at $540.22.