What do you regret most in your life?

7829V
This topic is 1172 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think for me would be trying to be the “perfect kid”. Always perfect grades. Always trying to be strong (not showing much emotions) and pleasing everyone. Not putting myself first.

I think it would have been better to relax a bit and enjoy my childhood / teen years a little more. But no complains. I’ve had a really good life. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for me would be trying to be the “perfect kid”. Always perfect grades. Always trying to be strong (not showing much emotions) and pleasing everyone. Not putting myself first.

I think it would have been better to relax a bit and enjoy my childhood / teen years a little more. But no complains. I’ve had a really good life. :)

I regret that it took me so long to learn how to say No! and Piss off! ? ?

A1EHx4FHFjL._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7CA1tYVYTnB8L.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UX679_.png

Ditto. I cared too much what other people thought. Catholic school was safe...but fraught with guilt mongering. Having said that, the same drive that I had then converted into success later in life...just now, I can afford to not care what people think and I have no room in my life accepting guilt over someone else’s opinion. Live and let live is my motto now

Ditto. I cared too much what other people thought. Catholic school was safe...but fraught with guilt mongering. Having said that, the same drive that I had then converted into success later in life...just now, I can afford to not care what people think and I have no room in my life accepting guilt over someone else’s opinion. Live and let live is my motto now

No caring what others think is a wonderful, liberating practice.

However, being intentionally obnoxious is a form of abuse of that freedom.

You seem get get off on that.

However, being intentionally obnoxious is a form of abuse of that freedom.

I agree. Listen to what you say...and learn.

given that you don’t even have the awareness to gauge the context of where you made that response probably means you should listen extra hard to what you said.

I agree. Listen to what you say...and learn.

given that you don’t even have the awareness to gauge the context of where you made that response probably means you should listen extra hard to what you said.

I’ve gauged the context of my response from the compilation of combative, vitriolic, comments you regularly post. If there’s something you can post that you think will piss someone off, or ignite negativity, you’ll gladly post it.

I’ve gauged the context of my response from the compilation of combative, vitriolic, comments you regularly post. If there’s something you can post that you think will piss someone off, or ignite negativity, you’ll gladly post it.

I’ll tell you what, you just be you. But all I ask is that you stay a distance from me, because, as ZsaZsa used to say, “I get allergic smelling hay...”

Perhaps somebody should ask this woman that question...

A Louisiana woman went viral last week for using Gorilla Glue in place of actual hairspray — before finally checking into the hospital on Saturday to get the hardened adhesive removed, according to posts on her Instagram.

The woman, identified in news reports as Tessica Brown, posted on Feb. 4 that her hair had been stuck in place for a month after she ran out of her usual hair product and opted to use the extra-strong superglue instead.

“Look: My hair, it don’t move. You hear what I’m telling you? It don’t move,” she said in the original video.

“I’ve washed my hair 15 times and it don’t move.”

On Saturday, Brown posted two photos — one of herself sprawled out on a hospital bed and another of the emergency room entrance to St. Bernard Parish Hospital, in Chalmette, Louisiana.

Her decision to seek medical treatment came after three days of crowd-sourcing potential solutions — including from the maker of Gorilla Glue.

The company told TMZ that Brown could use rubbing alcohol on her head — but warned that if it had actually be in place for a month, it was “likely fractured at the root.”

That could also apply to @samhexum, but at least Sam is funny (but certainly not always, ask Christopher Plumber's daughter or Tony Bennett's wife).

Live and let life doesn't seem to apply to many of your posts here. For a while I seriously believed you were paid to disrupt this forum.

I’ll stay at the distance I choose.

But thanks for the unsolicited advice.

Just so you know, in my younger days, I also regret having backed down from bullies. That ended at the age of 15. So, I will reward kindness with kindness, but I will confront a bully, whether passive or aggressive, with a reflection of himself. So, bring it on...and see yourself reflected in the response. That’s why you don’t like me...because I shovel your shit (and that of others of your ilk) back on you.

Just so you know, in my younger days, I also regret having backed down from bullies. That ended at the age of 15. So, I will reward kindness with kindness, but I will confront a bully, whether passive or aggressive, with a reflection of himself. So, bring it on...and see yourself reflected in the response. That’s why you don’t like me...because I shovel your shit (and that of others of your ilk) back on you.

Self-Actualization is key in enlightenment sir.

Our exchange started because of your dismissing the trauma of a victim of sexual assault in another thread (AOC).

You are actually the bully you so vehemently need to confront.

1.) I don’t have any personal feelings towards you.

2.) You don’t issue any rewards on this forum. You purposefully disrupt threads, causing dissension and irritation. You are the twin of @augustus.

3.) You can’t “shovel”, what you’re literally full of...

I waver between thinking that and thinking if I had I might be dead.

I think that the fear of AIDS is primary reason I didn't act then. However, it took another 20+ years and that wasn't good for me either. Too much time spent answering questions like, "Sam - you're a great guy, why are you still single?" and finding plausible responses like, "Don't you think I should be selective rather than just being with someone who is available?" And I may have found someone years ago to grow old with before becoming accustomed to the single life.

I wonder why you post here, and have for a while. You seldom seem happy or content.