Do you wear underwear under your pyjamas?

Mydavid
This topic is 851 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 1 year later...

freeze warning tonight, so long loose sweat pants and a loose cotton t-shirt.....in the summer, loose cotton gym shorts and a loose cotton t-shirt......to be honest, I don't relish the idea of my junk and butt rubbing all over the bed sheets all night, so never naked!...... 

MagnificentConcreteCats.webp

Edited by azdr0710

On 9/24/2020 at 3:38 AM, BnaC said:

Well, we’ve injected another variable - temperature. I generally sleep with the thermostat set to 68° And even lower in the winter...

You mean you have the A/C set to 68 in the Summer? I hope you have solar panels on your house, or your A/C bills must be through the roof. 😉

I sleep naked in bed except in the cold weather, when I wear a t-shirt to keep my shoulders and upper arms warm. Like a cool house at night in the winter, around 69.

When I sleep with providers, I like us both naked completely, since body heat keeps me comfy without need for t-shirt. One of my regulars insists on putting a t-shirt back on before going to sleep.

I like to sleep in an ice cold room, whatever that means in |Southern California, with lots of fresh air.  Even in winter when the house, in the early morning, can get into the low 40's or even occasionally the mid to high 30's I still sleep naked.  I just pile on the blankets and burrow.  About fifteen minutes before I get up, usually around 6 a.m. I jump out of bed turn on the heat and then return to bed until the house warms up. 

7 hours ago, Epigonos said:

I like to sleep in an ice cold room, whatever that means in |Southern California, with lots of fresh air.  Even in winter when the house, in the early morning, can get into the low 40's or even occasionally the mid to high 30's I still sleep naked.  I just pile on the blankets and burrow.  About fifteen minutes before I get up, usually around 6 a.m. I jump out of bed turn on the heat and then return to bed until the house warms up. 

I loved that as a kid, sleeping under a pile of blankets with a down filled comforter on top and the window open to the wind blasting in from across the lake in our mountain retreat north of Montreal. My two brothers were similarly ensconced in our large bedroom on the second level, with mother, father and sister more sheltered in their downstairs bedrooms at the back of the house, protected from the wind. I wouldn't trade places with them for anything.

On 1/1/2022 at 9:31 PM, azdr0710 said:

freeze warning tonight, so long loose sweat pants and a loose cotton t-shirt.....in the summer, loose cotton gym shorts and a loose cotton t-shirt......to be honest, I don't relish the idea of my junk and butt rubbing all over the bed sheets all night, so never naked!...... 

MagnificentConcreteCats.webp

That’s a super sweet gif~ awwwww. So much love~ Please come to my house puppy~ Leave the cage behind but, bring your blanky~ 

Edited by Tygerscent

Pyjamas were only a "thing" for me when I was a young precocious kid living with my parents. During those times, I would indeed have underwear.

I slept in my underwear my entire University/dorm life, and jettisoned the clothes when sleeping completely once I moved to my own place.

In the event I have to share the room with someone I am not intimate with, I would keep whatever underwear I have on but would lose the shirt and socks once the lights are turned off, irrespective of temperature. Fortunately, I am not one who wakes up in the middle of the night to pee, so my almost-naked self remains under the covers the entire time.

Sidebar: I have only one pair of pyjamas but it's never worn in bed; rather it's for pyjama parties—the frequency of which seemed to have increased during Covid-19 times.

Every other pyjama set gifted to me for the holidays goes back to the store simply because I have no use for it.

Home clothes, (bear jammies and hoodie footie blue jammers or robes), vs work clothes, (underwear, tank top or nuthin’).

9AF35050-466D-40C2-ABC5-D2E3BE1F84E9.jpeg

F93757B7-41C0-4828-89E9-31A33D117A2C.jpeg

6605023A-1003-449F-991A-5E45BC49F41C.jpeg

9C6C6F2F-77DE-4D40-922F-3B3F57F1BB42.jpeg

9B02C006-3DFF-492F-A31E-61E69C595AD4.jpeg

627871D8-60E7-48B3-811F-E45A8F2B418D.jpeg

F220671B-E3F9-463F-BD3D-8F3FEFB4FB58.tiff 9E5DDBA0-8EDB-4B63-952D-E7AA045247BD.tiff F324DC0E-1F05-487B-95B3-C4947B96BFDF.tiff 5490C8B8-5F93-49B7-9599-61A873095C36.tiff 856750E2-A295-4E13-BE46-58AAAF8D6947.tiff A48B8171-6961-4840-901A-3FB7E87C0297.tiff

Edited by Tygerscent

On 1/2/2022 at 1:03 AM, Unicorn said:

You mean you have the A/C set to 68 in the Summer? I hope you have solar panels on your house, or your A/C bills must be through the roof. 😉

I do. The temp can be much warmer during the day. But come sleepy time it goes down to 68. Any warmer and I can’t get a good night’s sleep and sleep is important!  The trade off is higher bills, but that’s just the price I have to pay. 

3 hours ago, spider said:

I do. The temp can be much warmer during the day. But come sleepy time it goes down to 68. Any warmer and I can’t get a good night’s sleep and sleep is important!  The trade off is higher bills, but that’s just the price I have to pay. 

Tennis player (or at least he used to be) Milos Raonic sets the thermostat at 67° for sleeping because he heard it was the optimal temperature for physical recovery.  Whether he heard it from Milos (they are friends) or someone else, I think world #1 Novak Djokovic started doing it too.  I'll bet plenty of other tennis pros jumped on the bandwagon.