Does Anyone Here Pay For Print News? (Newspaper)

Lucky
This topic is 1089 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The San Francisco Chronicle is not delivered to homes in my area (bizarre indeed), so I only purchase its Sunday edition to the tune of $3.28. I have the Sunday edition of the Monterey Herald delivered; it's cheap, for daily monthly subscriptions--the price is more than I desire to pay.

I subscribe to innumerable magazines and have trouble keeping up in reading them. When my subscriptions expire, I'll selectively choose to keep future subscriptions.

Sunday editions of Chicago Tribune, and suburban Herald. Occasionally buy a Sun Times. Amazing how thin they are compared to just a few years ago.

I used to get the paper daily, but decided to cut it off when subscriptions became more expensive, and recently, deals via Groupon disappeared. They want more money for less paper.

I don't like digital, so sad to think someday, we may no longer have a paper to sit down with and read while having coffee.

I still get both the Chicago Tribune and the suburban Daily Herald paper delivered daily. Have to re-negotiate the rates as they tend to raise them more than once a year. My small way of supporting freedom of the press. Love to read the paper, drink coffee and discuss the articles I have read..... come on over.

• 2 months later...
Does Anyone Here Pay For Print News? (Newspaper)

I get Vanity Fair and New Yorker delivered by USPS.

*raises hand* Yep. I love newspapers.

I receive the print edition of the New York Times every day, as I have since the 1980s.

I get Sunday Newsday delivered every Sunday morning. It's something of a habit I can't break. Wake up Sunday morning, make some coffee and a bagel or something and sit at kitchen table and read the paper and enjoy breakfast.

I do pay for print - a lot!

Print NYTimes daily, Economist weekly. Expensive, and both are worth it.

I get the print LA Times and The Desert Sun, because I don't like to get local news from TV, and my spouse does the crosswords.

2017982.gif

Future recycle trash to process? No thank you.

I only get digital editions now. NYT, WAPO, Boston Globe, Oregonian, WSJ......all virtual.

Newspapers are good recycling material and portions thereof may have already been recycled. I understand the desire for all-digital. I just don't share it. I grew up with newspapers and have always loved them. I even like the WSJ despite it's horrific opinions.

• 4 months later...