Are gay men less afraid of prostate exams and colonoscopies?

snowstalker02
This topic is 1362 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The really icky one some guys are talking about is Golitely! The worst liquid known to man! It’s so viscous. And the name; talk about an oxymoron. Go lightly? Don’t they mean Go heavily???

Yes. I didn't like Suprep the one time I used it because it still tasted bad, but the volume was a lot less, the texture wasn't like snot, and it wasn't nearly as vile tasting as GoLytley.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started exploring prostate massage with my go to guy, it didn't feel painful at all but it was different. I felt like I had to piss and my guy told me that was how he knew he was on my prostate aside from actually feeling it. It didn't feel "good" but not bad either. Not exactly sexy...but it's a work in progress.

That's funny. I don't know if I have ever had a prostate exam. If I must have then I guess I must have not minded it because I do not even recall having one. As for a colonoscopy, I have to have one because of familial history and I have one coming up. I actually enjoy them because the doctors normally give that anesthesia (or whatever they call it) that knocks a patient out for the length of the procedure. Anything where I am gone from the world I say "yes." The one time where I did feel something it was sort of like a nice dildo. I was talking to my trainer about it (straight) and I told him that particularly as regards the prep gays probably know more about it and bottoms are probably really on top of it prep wise. I can see how someone might really find the prep part of it hard tho I don't like the dietary restrictions the hardest.

Neither bothers me. The only thing I keep trying to impart to the urologist is to just touch the hole first so I know it’s there and then go in. They all seem to just go in it’s more the sudden going in because I can’t see back there. LOL

colonoscopies have never felt anything. I’m out and don’t remember squat. The worst is the prep and going without food. LOL

I'm asking this question because I recently had a prostate examination, and it hurt like hell. ?

At the moment the urologist was touching my prostate I knew I'd never become gay. ?

Are gays more used to that feeling so that it's natural for you guys to not feel nervous beforehand?

Wait until you have a prostate biopsy to feel real pain. It is no walk in the park

Oh come on. It isn't that bad - the prostate biopsy, I mean. My first one was unpleasant - the stick was a little bit like a mosquito bite. More of an annoyance than anything else. That said, by the time we were on the eighth sampling, I was feeling pretty tender. By the twelfth sample, I was ready to shoot my doctor - who I really liked. The second biopsy about a year or so ago was much easier - technology had improved markedly. I don't recall feeling anything.

I enjoy the pre-procedure fast. I do it for 48 hrs and by the time I take the flusher liquid there’s a lot fewer solids. Have never found prostate exams to be painful. I also remain awake for colonoscopy - would not for endo.

Pain in colonscopy is really no worse

than a temporary gas cramp, because of the small amount of air pumped ahead of lens to allow it to get clear images. If my 85yr old mother could do it, I figured I could too. Boy they really pushed hard on the twilight sleep, and I had to sign extra documents to waive it. I love it for longer dental procedures though...

Isn't it fun though when the doc needs a sample to view under the microscope? MMM, that gentle squeeze and the drip that feels so good! Let's do it again, doc! Dare you not to get hard for that.

You mean a semen sample? That's never happened to me. Maybe I need to switch doctors.