Are gay men less afraid of prostate exams and colonoscopies?

snowstalker02
This topic is 1362 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I had a cystoscopy a few years ago that made me positively horny, it felt so good having the scope snaking around in my bladder.

Ughhh!!!

I was supposed to have one done about three years ago in 2017. I couldn't make myself make the appointment. I moved back to Texas from Washington as of February/March 2018. I didn't have medical insurance until October 2019, and didn't get around making a new urology appointment until summer 2018. He wanted me to undergo one then. I never made the appointment. I went back for a follow-up a week or so ago. He decided I didn't need one.

(In case it wasn't clear, I have a fear of catheterization. It's not a phobia as I don't consider it to be unreasonable ?. Besides I'd undergo it happily if they knocked me out first.)

Gman

Actually, I had a cystoscopy a few years ago that made me positively horny, it felt so good having the scope snaking around in my bladder.

Sounds like you're ready to think about "sounding."

Actually maybe the OP needs to look into Fortroff cbd suppositories.

I have had many colonoscopies. I woke up during the first and felt excruciating pain until they knocked me out again. (I actually don't know that they knock you out completely since my understanding is that you need to be able to respond to commands; they simply put you in some sort of twilight sedation and give you something so you don't remember the procedure when you wake up.) During the second, I also felt some discomfort but just at the end as they were removing the scope. On every subsequent procedure I have made sure to tell the medical staff about my first two experiences and ask them to try to prevent me from becoming aware of the uncomfortable sensation.

That's the background. I love to bottom. Bottoming does not hurt. It's never hurt for me, even my first time I bottomed at age 18 for my then boyfriend. We did it with only spit for lube because we didn't have anything else. I was ready to take the dick.

A colonoscopy has nothing to do with anal sex.

Besides, the worst part about a colonoscopy isn't the procedure. It's the prep. Who wants to have to sit on the toilet that much, evacuating everything that's inside them? And my first few procedures used prep drinks that couldn't have been made more terrible if someone tried. Fortunately for me Kaiser basically just has me use a lot of Miralax, Gatorade, and a few laxative pills.

And my first few procedures used prep drinks that couldn't have been made more terrible if someone tried. Fortunately for me Kaiser basically just has me use a lot of Miralax, Gatorade, and a few laxative pills.

I've never had the horrible prep drinks; my sisters warned me about it before my first procedure, saying "it's like drinking thick salt water". I had the same prep that you did, and it just tasted like Gatorade.

I've never had the horrible prep drinks; my sisters warned me about it before my first procedure, saying "it's like drinking thick salt water". I had the same prep that you did, and it just tasted like Gatorade.

Yep. The earlier prep was like drinking furniture polish and a ton of salt added to a vat of mucus. Thick, sour, salty tasting goop that made me gag with every sip -- and it required drinking an entire gallon of it over a period of four hours. An 8 ounce glass of nasty goop every 15 minutes. Whoever developed that stuff must have been a sadist.

My uro who I think is really cute does a pretty good digital rectal exam (always too short in my opinion), but maybe I should ask about the cystoscopy thing. Your recording, Rudynate, has got me questioning.

They dont do them as a routine screen as with DRE. Only if they want to make a diagnosis

Or they just put absolutely no thought into the flavor, just how effective it was at purging. There's an old quote, "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" - and I'd add "thoughtlessness" to "stupidity".

Probably not true since they did add the lemon flavoring in an attempt to make it palatable. If they gave absolutely no thought to flavor it wouldn't have had any added flavor and probably would have just been extremely salty goop without the furniture polish bouquet. :)

My uro knows how to do it so that it's nearly pain-free

Mine too. I love him, he is gay and we became quite good acquainted. It wasn't pain, it was this very unpleasant, weird feeling of having something inside my penis, I didn't "enjoy" one single second.

I'm asking this question because I recently had a prostate examination, and it hurt like hell.

Pro tip: when he pushes in, you "push out" a bit. If you clamp down (contract) it will be painful. OTOH, once he's in there the prostate itself should not be painful. It may feel "weird" or "full," but actual pain may be due to whatever ails you, not a healthy response.

Mine too. I love him, he is gay and we became quite good acquainted. It wasn't pain, it was this very unpleasant, weird feeling of having something inside my penis, I didn't "enjoy" one single second.

I guess you won't be trying sounding any time soon.

The prep drink I had was called Suprep. It was two 16 oz drinks a couple of hours apart, and I think I was supposed to drink another 32 oz of water as well. It definitely did not taste good but I found the best way to take it was just one long continuous sip so it would be done sooner and spend less time on my tongue. I think if I had done it in multiple sips the back and forth would have had me gagging.

The other key to these things is refrigerate the drink, it dulls the taste a little.